Posts by flwehr

I’d like the ability to assign remote foot control buttons to effects using rig manager. To me that would be a very useful feature, as would the ability to "lock" button assignment between patches so that the remote would always control specific effects.

Thanks,
    Fred

Thanks, I was wondering if I was missing something. It seems like a no-brainer feature for anyone with a remote - maybe there is something in the architecture that makes it difficult to implement.

I’ll add a(nother) request to the Feature Requests board. ?

Apologies if this has been asked before or if I am missing something obvious, but is there a way to assign remote foot control buttons to effects using rig manager? To me that would be a very useful feature, as would the ability to "lock" button assignment between patches so that the remote would always control specific effects.

Please report back after the next time you reboot if all your changes were kept, thanks. I have a very similar set up - the only difference is my toaster is not powered.

I fired it up this morning and all my edits were in place. So for whatever reason it’s working well for me. I also updated this morning to the latest (20-Jan) beta version of RM.

Cheers,

Fred

In my case I am seeing a big improvement with performance management in the new version. I spent a few hours yesterday sorting through a set list of about 25 performances, happily dragging and dropping and tweaking rigs into various slots - never touched the machine, all edits and saves from the Rig Manager.

As far as I could tell it all worked perfectly, and the performance issues with the earlier version are fixed.

Mac OSX 15.2, Powered Toaster.

I'll add one more request to this list:

5 - Ability to option-click on any parameter to return it to 0 or default setting.

Has anyone figured out a way to edit morphing parameters through the editor? I can see the morphing parameters on the screen but there doesn't seem to be anyway to edit the morphed parameter or to initiate new morphing. When the parameter is adjusted, the unmorphed indicator (red dot) moves.

I can imagine this may be a feature in development - it certainly would be handy - but wanted to make sure I am not missing something.

Thanks,

Fred

grab0.jpg

UPDATE:

Never mind, I figured it out: cmd-click on any parameter to create a morph or edit an existing one. Great stuff!

After an hour - no problem with installation on 2013 Mac Pro running Mojave - this is really impressive. I can understand why this took a while to pull together - there has clearly been a LOT of work under the hood to basic Rig Manager functionality plus this slick intuitive design.

Thanks to the whole team at Kemper. What a product.

This thread is so long I don't remember if this is the place to talk about the editor features or not...

In case this the right place to do so, I'd love to have the ability to assign stomps to the remote via the editor. Rather than having to use the traditional hardware method (press profiler stomp button and remote switch at the same time).

Could not agree more.

Ordered an f12 x200 and it sounded ok at low volumes but once I got it to rehearsal volumes it sounded dreadful. It’s going back tomorrow. Agreed I picked up some weird kind of phasing sound , especially on clean profiles.

I have gone back to a 2x12 loaded creamback cab and my alto ts210.

I had the same experience. Loaded my long-awaited F12 X200 into a Mesa Boogie Thiele 1x12 ported cabinet with great anticipation, but it was really disappointing. To my ears there's a high-frequency component to the attack which gets progressively more unpleasant at higher volumes.

Just to check myself, I did an A-B-C comparison of a real 56 Fender Pro and the Michael Britt 56 Pro 1 profile (one of my all-time favourite clean profiles) played through (1) the Celestion F12 X200 and (2) a Celestion Gold 50W, which I have been using for a while. I mic'd the Fender Pro and both Celestion speakers with the identical Kemper profile, then A-B-C'd them in Logic.

The mic'd F12 X200 was not in the same league as either the real amp or the Gold (with Cab emulation OFF). Particularly with clean single-coil sounds the high end has a brittle and digital-sounding component. Maybe the lower wattage Gold speaker adds just a bit of speaker breakup at higher volumes which smooths things out and is easier on the ears. I fiddled with cab EQ and Pure Cabinet to try and improve the F12 X200 but was not successful.

I sure hope that the new Kemper Kabinet technology is an improvement on my experience.

For stage monitors I'll stick with the Celestion Gold in the Thiele 1x12 - highly recommended setup if you don't want to go the FRFR route. I expect this will depend a lot on the kind of music you are playing and in what sorts of venues - we are playing pubs and other smallish venues with or without FOH sound, and I just want a stage monitor that acts like a guitar amp. This does.

I expect these have been mentioned before, but I have spent some extended time with my lunchbox and RM over the last few days trying to rationalise my profiles and performances for some upcoming gigs. For my workflow the two issues that I'd like to see improved in a future version of the rig manager are these:

1. Remote Effect Button assignment: As far as I can tell there is no way to lock or copy remote effect button settings from one rig to another. You can lock almost everything and carry it from rig to rig, but not the remote settings. So if you want to set up a family of profiles with the same button settings, the only method is to manually punch them in using the remote (or the assign page in the Rig setting). Seems a bit clunky and not in keeping with the rest of the Kemper workflow. I think it would be nice to be able to bundle up all effects and stomp settings - including remote button assignments - and transfer them easily (cut and paste?) from one rig to another.

2. Managing Performances in Rig Manager: I've gotten used to building performances in Rig Manager by dragging individual profiles into the five performance slots, then fine-tuning them using Damien's excellent Toast ME editor. But it can be nonintuitive when trying to transfer a performance from Rig Manager to the profiler - it seems like you have to save the performance on the profiler, switch performances, then switch back to clear the buffers and have the new performance in place. Even then it doesn't always seem to take. I know it's workable eventually but doesn't seem very robust.

Hopefully the rewritten rig manager with an editor will have tighter integration between the software and profiler, and these sorts of things will be better implemented. Having said that, the combination of the Rig Manager and the Toast ME editor is pretty powerful. When it is all bundled into a single program it will be awesome.

Fred

Another vote for the Mesa Boogie Thiele. Very tight, focused sound and well suited to stage monitoring.

I had replaced the stock speaker with a Celestion Gold (12", 50W) a few years back, and it certainly does the trick for gigs - FOH is run from the main outs to the sound board. There is a bit of colouration to the profiles by the speaker, but it's not bad colouration and definitely gives the "cab in the room" feel on stage. The Kemper is set up with "monitor cabinet = off" and a bit of high-end rolloff on the output EQ which with this combo gives me the best match of speaker to FOH sound. I've also done some smaller gigs with just the speaker and it still sounds great.

The other benefit is with a 1x12" cab and the Kemper, the whole gigging rig is very lightweight and portable.

I do have a Celestion F12-X200 on order and will give it a try once it arrives in a month or so.

Cheers,

Fred