Posts by alancott

Hey Kaschko, I changed the cab out on the mbritt 800R and it sounded fantastic but like I mentioned try and stick with direct or merged profiles if you can. Give it a try though, might sound great. Is that the amp you want to switch cabs on? The Marshall 69 pack?

Hi Kaschko, don't worry about the losing depth in the profiles. If you find the right cabinet, speaker and mic combination, it will sound even better!

Here are some tips: don't use ir's, only cabs created with the Kemper. Only use direct or merged profiles, not studio profiles. As far as gain goes, use cabs profiled with a distorted amp for swapping out with other distorted profiles. Clean cab profiles for clean amps. That tends to work best.

Really look for cabs that have been profiled in nice studios. You will get a lot less weird phase issues with the microphones.

Don't have any recommendations for Jensen speakers. I'll keep a look out for some. This isn't exactly what you are looking for but you should try out the Michael Wagener rig pack in the download section. It's free and Michael knows how to mic a cabinet! Not my personal choice but you might really like it.

Excellent post spotter! Yeah, I'm going to have to check out "BHP Toren's 800" Pack. Sounds great. If you have the chance, try the mbritt Mars 800R in the 2020 pack. Together with the Lars 1960 AV cab, it can sounds amazing.

Still liking the Bendeth cabs from his STL Tones pack as well as Rick Beato cabs in his SL Plexi pack. Haven't found better yet

Hi Wheresthedug, appreciate all your contributions on the forum. Read many of your post.

When I hear a profile, I hear the cabinet, speakers and mics as well as the amp. It says a lot about the Kemper that I am able to distinguish the various components.

The reason I want to change cabinets is I'm not happy with the sound. I find the major weakness in profiles is #1: micing technique as well as choice in cabs, speakers and mics.

Still waiting for any suggestions from anybody on their favorite cabinets.

Hi BayouTexan, appreciate the response. I'm actually listening with my ears and not my eyes, but I understand what your saying. Went through a bunch of cabs the other night and always picked the greenbacks without even looking to see what was loaded in the cab.

The strange thing is, the Lars 1960AV cab is loaded with a v30 and miced with a single sm57. For some reason that cab just sounds great on most any profile.

I thought people here would have a favorite cab they use . Still looking for any suggestions. I would rather be recording than spending days looking for cabs.

Thanks for your help Sollazzon! I have been through literally thousands of cabs and just haven't found what I am looking for. Like I said, Rick Beato SL Plexi pack has about the best sounding cabs fitting what I am looking for.

I thought there would be more people who have a favorite cab profile. I'm about to go through Tills old cab pack.

Still open for any suggestions.

Hello everybody. Looking for recommendations on profiles with Marshall 4x12 cabinets to switch out with other direct head profiles. The best I have found is still the Lars Luettge Marshall 1960AV cabinet. It sounds great on almost everything.

Prefer loaded with 25 watt green backs. Commercial or on RE.

There has to be some other great sounding cabinets out there. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Ok, just read the RME manual and I don't see anything your doing wrong so far. Have you tried switching the RCA cable in and out just on the kemper side? Or RME side if that's easier to get to? I would post or contact RME and see if they have any suggestions because it looks right to me.

Ok Rispsira, let's see if we can't get you up and running so you can be playing guitar again! I'm using a RME HDSP9652 on this computer so it can't be that different on settings.

On the Kemper SPDIF Output, the settings are Git/Stack with constant latency checked.

RME Settings, Clock mode: Sample Rate 44.1 Clock Source:SPDIF.

SPDIF in:Coaxial, SPDIF out:Professional, Sync Check: SPDIF in should be showing Sync.

Word clock:Single speed should be checked.

I'm running Protools, so on the track inputs I have HDSP9652 SPDIF L on one track, HDSP9652 SPDIF R on another and the monitor button on to hear them.

Try these settings, that should do the trick.