Posts by sixstringpastor

Just look at the lights of the stomp and fx buttons. They will give you a hint what is on.

I get what you are saying and worst case one could do that, but I am thinking not just about the stage. I own the Kemper rack with foot controller and the only way to distinguish on the foot controller is through the LED's, so in that respect it would really be convenient to have for functionality on both units, in my opinion.

So far the LEDs of reassigned TAP, TUNER, and LOOPER buttons stick to their original functions.

I'm not sure if this is something that a software update could make available, but it would be awesome if it ever happened! One of my favorite things about the Kemper is its versatility and foresight on customization. This would definitely be another notch in their gun-belt, if corresponding LED's could be color coded or even just lit up when functioning on the ancillary switches such as the TAP and Looper, especially for people who use the toaster and rack with remote foot switches. I own both the rack and the stage and while it has been suggested one can look at the Stage and see the lights of corresponding stops and effects, those buttons are not shown on the foot controller for the rack and toaster, but on any unit in my opinion it would be a nice little extra touch for personalization.

Thanks for the info!

Hey everyone,

Long time rack Kemper user here, just bought the stage as a second unit. I've been wondering, I rarely use the TAP tempo button or function and I think it is very intuitive that Kemper makes the looper and the tap buttons assignable for other functions.

My question is however, when you use the TAP button to control a pedal or effect block as I am currently doing, is there a way to designate the LED to come on when the pedal has been pressed?

The reason I ask is that the LED's help me to keep tabs on what has been activated and what needs to be turned off. If I turn on a particular effect with the TAP but forget that I had it on going into the next song....well you get the picture.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get the TAP LED to come on when engaged for another function instead of simply blinking for the TAP function itself?

I apologize if this has already been answered but I did a search and came up with nothing!

I posted a new topic but this thread seems semi-related so I thought I would pose my question here as well:

I don't use the TAP for time based effects, instead I use it like @Dynochrome except I use it to toggle on and off block A in my pedals.

I would like to know however if there is a way to set the LED on the TAP button to turn on and off in correspondence with the effect?

That would be a big help in remembering to turn off an effect that I turned on before going to the next song!

With the EffectButtons I-IIII, You can switch on/off modules or activate/deactivate Action&Freeze with each button.

You can use the Rig Buttons to trigger Morphing.

These Effect Button assignments are by Rig, so you can use these buttons for different functions by Rig.

I watched a video that describes assigning other roles to buttons on the controller such as the looper switch. I never use the looper at all. Would it be possible to set up the switch that controls the looper to be assigned to control the speed of a tremolo effect, that is to toggle between two separate settings?

I'm no engineer, but I was thinking, most of these companies including Kemper provide software updates which helps keep things fresh and relevant. For the kemper it has been out for a decade and is still very relevant in it's consumer class.

I have wondered though, why wouldn't engineers of such devices be forward thinking and try to plan a device that could also be upgraded with hardware? Maybe the forecasting of technology is too difficult, I don't know, but think about it this way, if a unit could have a motherboard or even processors that could be upgraded or even additional devices added such as a wireless network adapter or even io's that would allow for the Kemper to be used as an audio enterface for direct recording.

I may be way out of my depth here, but I see how PCs and different types of hardware/software systems are updated and I have wondered, with the sturdy construction of the Kemper and similar units, what would be the odds of developing some type of plug and play interface, where parts are simply unplugged and new parts are plugged in?

There are curently three Action&Freeze functions, which can be controlled with these four Effect Buttons:

Rotary Speaker Speed

Delay/Reverb Freeze

Delay Infinity

Burkard, do you know if you can use one of the Roman numerated buttons to both turn an effect on and off and use it also to change the settings? I know that you can use one button to control two separate effects, but in the interest of saving space and buttons, I wonder if you could use a single button to turn the tremolo on and off with a default setting but click it a second time to morph the settings and then if clicked again would turn off the morph and the effect?

Ok, so here's another one that has me stumped. My rigs just started doing this out of nowhere: I have my wah set up in the stomp section and I have it turned on. I use my mission pedal for wah control and I have it set to bypass@stop.

Here is the weird thing though, when I have the wah stomp on, if I use my foot switches to morph on my foot controller, it activates my wah until it makes the switch. I have no idea why my wah would be activated by a remote switch on my foot controller when morphing if my wah is set up to be controlled by an expression pedal.

Any ideas?

Thanks a ton!

Well, with some help from a friend on facebook, I figured it out. Went into Rig settings and unassigned a rotary speed control for button III. I was not aware you could set button controls to affect different modulation settings in real time. I have always done that with morphing! Learn something new everyday!

Hey Guys,

I've owned my kemper almost five years now and I consider myself pretty well versed at editing and adjusting parameters etc. I generally use the Kemper in performance mode, making 1-5 various gain stages of the same amp, almost always using the same effects both in the stomp and effect sections.

Recently I came across a nice sounding kemper factory content 8.0 folder (see attached screenshot), and I imported it into a performance. I overwrote all the stomps and effects with my own particular internal effects I always use. As I was setting my control switches for turning on and off on my foot remote, I noticed on my remote there was already assigned to one of the switches a blue LED.

The funny thing is, it does not control anything and is not assigned to any effect in either the stomp or effects blocks. I have manually went through selecting each one and deselecting each one with that particular foot switch button but when I do, it assigns it to that particular switch as a second effect control (many of you already know you can turn on or off two effects simultaneously with one switch).

As I said though, there is nothing it is controlling however the original profile had effects assigned on it. Am I missing something here or is there something wonky with the foot controller or the use of this particular profile?

I have founds several youtube videos of Joseph Wu who has some great demos of his kemper settings etc.

He also has kemper profile packs available for download on his website that I have been thinking of getting.

Check some of his stuff out below, it might be what you are looking for if you are like me and looking for something ready out of the box to use with little tweaking.

http://www.josephwuproduction.bigcartel.com/

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

AVID 11 Rack processor with Beringher FCB1010 MIDI foot controller programmed with Eureka Prom control chip programmed for eleven rack control.

This unit is great for playing live or for recording. Designed to interface with Pro Tools studio software the 11 Rack is a must for those looking for ease of use in recording and having a plethora of options at your control.
    This unit has always been kept in a controlled environment and is in excellent shape. I believe I still have original packaging for it as well.

Case and BBE pictured with 11 Rack are NOT included.

Open to trades in the way of kemper systems, guitars and PA equipment