Posts by achillespilot

Hi everyone,

I have submitted a ticket to support on this, but just a heads up. I updated to the latest firmware a couple of days ago and when I was playing tonight I noticed a loud ticking in my 'drive' FX loop (with a Klon type pedal). I hadn't changed anything on my board recently but tried all the usual culprits (cables/power/MIDI pedals etc.) to no avail. A bit of Googling suggested this had previously been a firmware issue that had been fixed so I thought it wouldn't hurt to try different firmware. Loaded 8.0.6 and its quiet as a mouse - so definitely firmware related. Anyone else noticed this?

I might have missed something but the most recent 'old' firmware I could find on the site was 8.0.6... which does seem quite old? I would have thought all versions would be available. Have a missed somewhere? I'd rather be on something much more recent (I had started using the iOS app).

Cheers.

Hi everyone,

Got my Kemper on Friday and finally off work (and free of the wife!) today to have a proper play with it. Just made my first profile, took about 10 mins and wasn't picky with mic placement or anything... really impressed! I'm only hearing the Kemper through headphones as I'm still awaiting a Zilla cab for it, so it might not sound great through a cab. Would be interested to know if anyone else like the result or if I'm just biased!?

Anyway as the title says its a Cornell Plexi 7 cranked up to nearly 10 on the high (7 watt haha) power setting. Through my Xotic EP Booster first as I love the sound that gives, level set to only 2-3. SM58 with the top removed.

Uploaded to RE as 'CornPlex7EPboost'. Loving the Kemper so far, hope you enjoy :thumbup:

Hi everyone,
    Joined the forum last week as a non-Kemper owner, but now own one. Looking to become a full member of the forum so I can post in the private section but I can't see any obvious way to upgrade my membership in my account settings etc.. am I missing something?
    Thanks!

Hi guys,
    I've just sold off some other gear and I'm preparing to take the plunge into Kemper territory! I'm looking at the merits of new vs. second hand at the moment (not many second hand units around which I guess is a good thing!). I was wondering, if I buy a Kemper off someone with lets say 100 commercially bought profiles on it, do those then become mine? If something happens to the Kemper and it reverts to factory settings is there a way for me to retrieve those profiles or are they lost?
    Many thanks,
    Gavin