Posts by metalloony

Hi everyone,

I'm totally confused...

I used to control my Kemper via MIDI (to change Rigs and Stomps in the Performance Mode) till a few hours ago.

And now, as nothing changed, nothing happens (no communication between my sound card and the Kemper). Of course I restart EVERYTHING in EVERY ORDER possible, and I tried an other MIDI cable, but still nothing... I tried to communicate with my sound card with my MIDI Keyboard and it worked perfectly...

Any suggestion ?...

I inform that I haven't install the latest software yet.

Thank you.

Hi everyone !

I've just read about the Cabdriver Stereo thing available since the last update. But I didn't really get how this works...

Can anyone explain to me what is the real improvement here since you have to use an external power amp...?

Thanks !!

Hi everyone !

Wouldn't it be great to have the possibility to choose a more developed EQ in the stack session ?

For instance, having the choice to remain with the amp-like EQ (as it is now) or to use a parametric EQ (such as the stomp box one) to cut deeper and with a more precise way into the signal ?

It would also avoid to have to use a stomp box for EQing more precisely...

It could be a simple button, "parametric EQ" rather than "amp EQ" (such as, for instance, "cab monitor off")...

Let's discuss this guys ! ;)

Hi guys !
    I've just experienced the same thing, rehearsing at home.
    A few times the days before, my Kemper froze but wasn't connected to the remote (the sound was still working but it didn't respond and it was impossible to switch to the Browser mode or even the Tuner).

BUT, I could get my Kemper back without restarting it simply by launching the Rig Manager : it suddenly worked again as if nothing ever happened.

As my Kemper is always connected to my Mac by the USB cable, even if I don't run Rig Manager, I'm guessing it's some kind of "bug" between the two...

To be entirely precise, Rig Manager updated by itself to version 2.1.41, and I haven't put the OS 5.5.0.13341 Public Beta that was available a few weeks ago (so I'm still running the 5.4.1).

I totally agree with the need to have a better EQ without using a stomp.
    It could be a new layer on the "EQ" page which would allow you to choose between the basic eq we all have now and the studio eq (with maybe more than only two range) - the graphic eq, in my opinion, is some kind of effet, especially if the studio eq gets more frequency range.
    Shouldn't be too hard to do and it would very be useful to refine some profiles without loosing a stomp...

Hi !
    I was looking for an information (and obviously haven't found it yet...) : how many rigs (or profiles) can be stored in the Kemper ?
    Thank you !

Hi there !
    What about the possibility to create folders inside the Kemper Profiler to organize the profiles ? Such as, for instance, "clean profiles", "crunch profiles" or "Strat profiles", "Gibson profiles" (they could be at the same location than "favorite rigs", "all rigs"...).
    It would be, in my opinion, very useful to have this possibility without having to rename the profiles themselves.
    Anyone with me ?... ;)

Okay ! Thank you all for your answers.
    I will probably try some cab's IR, just to get my own point of view, but it conforts me in what I already thought : if the profiling was made by pros (for exemple great studios), choosing the best mics and cabs and spending time on testing before profiling, there's no need for cabs IR.

Hi everyone,

I've just been reading different posts about cabs IR (especially the ones made by Celestion) and I'm a bit confuse...
    I've understood what IR are, but with the way the Kemper works, I don't get the point (and maybe there isn't one ! maybe it's only for the simulators machines such as Axe FX, Helix...?) : by making a profile, the Kemper "captures" the sound of both the preamp and the cabinet right (and even also the signature of the mic) ? So, why bother using an other cab than the one you've just profiled ?... ?(?(

Hello there,

Just a simple question : I'v tried different stomps on one profile, but finally don't want any. I can put them "off" but in that case, the leds are still shinning.
    How can I totally move out a stomp from a rig (without completely erasing the effect from the Kemper of course) ?
    Thank you !

Actually, I might have found the solution (besides changing my USB cable - we never know...) : when I was doing my performance on Rig Manager, my Kemper was on the Performance mode too. This morning, I've tried different things (create a new performance, placing rigs on slots, renaming slots, moving them), but with the Kemper on the Browse mode. I only switched to the Performance mode when my changes were done, to try them, then go back on the Browse mode before changing anything via Rig Manager. And everything worked well !
    I will try again longer, but it seems that the bugs came from being on the Performance mode on the Kemper while changing things via Rig Manager.

Hi guys !

Here's the thing : I tried to create my first performance, but with Rig Manager instead of directly with the Kemper. However, my mac and my Kemper were linked by the USB cable, so I could watch and try the sounds while I was doing my selection.

It first went well, but suddenly it seemed that both devices weren't still synchronized : when I moved a slot, the name did move on the Kemper, but not the name of the rig.

Furthermore, even after restarting both the Kemper and Rig Manager, the wrong links still appeared (let's say slot 4 is named "HEAVY 1" and is a Mesa Boogie and slot 5 is "HEAVY 2" and a ENGL on the Kemper, slot 4 is "HEAVY 1" but as the ENGL and slot 5 "HEAVY 2" as the Mesa on Rig Manager). And it is impossible to solve !

I tried to create a second performance, this time directly on the Kemper, while it was disconnected from Rig Manager, but when I connected them both, it said "synchronizing the performance" but it froze (the bar wasn't moving and I had to go to the Browse mode before getting back to the Perform mode to make the message disappear) and the synchronization didn't match : I could see the two performances, but the second one wasn't right at all (in the slots, there weren't any of the rig I choose, and which still were on the Kemper)...

Any idea ?...

Is there a way to force Rig Manager to re-synchonize to the Kemper ?...