Posts by Mabo1988

I found it!!! the Interface has to be set to ADAT otherwise it will just receive and send data from the optical SPDIF and not from the coaxial cable.

Kind of dumb from me - yes, but also kind of dumb from the device.

Now I will buy a better cable :)

Thank you for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: still confused why i could send a signal with "the wrong" setting... we will never know.

yes, this is a discussable topic. I can just set a hook at "internal Clock" OR "optical in SPDIF" - the KPA has to be the master, so - in my logic - i have to remove the hook from Internal clock and set it at Optical in SPDIF (and this doesn't matter for me). Is my logic correct? :)

ui, quick and helpfull answers. thanks again.

at the pictures of the physical connection display you can see which channels the Interface is using for SPDIF (IN: 9-10 ; OUT: 11-12)

Iam using Ableton 10 but to let the possibility of an issue in a DAW behind me I'm directly looking into the general windows device settings so see is there is any signal:

For your interestest here the view in Ableton:

03.jpg

and here is the Behringer sound setup:

stabil = stable

nicht verfügbar = not available

I have changed the settings of the SPDIF Output to Master Stereo but no signal.

Is there any else optional possibility in the main output settings of the KPA to "suppress" the SPDIF output signal?

first of all thank you for your answer.

1. the cable what Iam using is an coaxial cable which should work for a test. The surge impedance isn't optimal (I think this is around 50ohm and the optimum is around 75ohm?!) but it should work for a test. my proof: The signalflow from the interface to the kemper is working. Please keep in mind this is my first contact with spdif, so I have no experience with this standard and didn't knew about the so specific "SPDIF cable".

2. I don't have to increase the SPDIF volume because 0.0dB is the maximum. There is just the possiblity to damb it.

3. I have read the manual about my issue und could not find the solution. I also could not find the "SPDIF out link" feature.

Also have read a lot of threads, seen clips but no advice about a specific cable.

Heyho folks,

I want to use spdif for recording/reamping. As an Interface Iam using a Behringer UMC 1820.

For the connection between the two devices iam using a cheap but working cable (see attachement).

Kemper settings are set up like in the other attached pictures. I also tried different SPDIF output possibilites. But that is obviously not the case.

Kemper is master, everything set up to 44.1kHz

I can't get an Signal from Kemper to the Interface/Computer. Windows audio device manager does display no signal.

But I can send the test tone to the kemper via spdif and e voila: it does work. I get an overdriven sound (similar to the loaded preset) which I checked thru the main output of the kemper. I also swapped the 2 phases of the cable to check if there is any issue with the kemper out phase.

I have no idea why it does not want to do what I want.

What does "SPDIF Out Link" stand for?

Thank you for your help.