Posts by Nge Ndomo

I found a folder named "Kemper Amps" in user/Library/Application Support. In my case it has 500Mb.

Another "Kemper Amps" folder in /Library/Documentation. This one has 21Mb.

Some preference files (de.RigManager.Kemper Amps.plist, com.kempermusic.rigmanager.plist) and some cache files. Not important at all.

I thought it had to load a kernel extension in order to work. This way is much easier.

Thanks very much to you both.

I can't post in the private forum area since I sold and unregistered my kemper.

Now I need to uninstall Rig Manager and I find it's not that easy. I'm on Mac OS. I'm quite surprise I couldn't find information about this process in this forum.

As far as I Know there is no uninstaller. Neither in Application support, the app it self nor via the installer package.

KPA is loading a driver in the log in so it's important to do a proper uninstallation.

I'd be very thankful if someone could bring some light.

It would be great to have access to the presets within every effect in the context menu. You can select the effect by right clicking on the stomp or right clicking on the left hand side when the stomp is selected, but the effect is loaded in its default settings. In order to load a specific preset you have to navigate to presets folder, find it (I have over 3 hundred) and double click on it or drag it to the stomp slot. It's time consuming and you loose the folder of the rig you have just loaded.

This is how it looks now:

This is what I'm trying to explain:

Thanks!

Hi. Look for the option “Space>HeadphOnly” at the output section and deselect it. That could be the difference that you hear.

From the manual:

The “Space” parameter adds a small room simulation to the master signal. This makes listening through headphones far more enjoyable. A brief explanation: whenever you listen to a sound coming from loudspeakers, you are also hearing the reflections from the floor, the walls and objects around you. Even when you listen to a mono signal, these additional reflections will still result in a stereo image once they reach your ears. There is only one common situation where no natural reflections happen, and that is when you listen through headphones; as your ears are, biologically speaking, not suited to this, it can quickly lead to listener fatigue. This effect is called “in-the-head localization” and becomes particularly noticeable when you listen to a mono signal. By using the Space effect, you can add virtual reflections, to create a sense of room and natural space. A mono signal will be converted to a subtle stereo image, which should be far more pleasing to your ears. Even though this effect is designed for headphones, you may also find it appropriate for listening through regular speakers, or for recording. By selecting the option “Space>HeadphOnly”, you can select whether it is applied to the HEADPHONE output only, or to the MAIN OUTPUT as well. You can also apply the Space effect to individual Rigs, rather than activating it globally in the Output Section. In this case, simply use the TYPE knob to select it in either the X or MOD effect. The Space effect is also very useful for improving the sound of in-ear monitors on stage. Unfortunately, in most situations, both stage-monitoring and FOH are derived from the MAIN OUTPUT - as a result, the effect will appear on the main PA as well. As long as you use Space at a suitably low Intensity setting, it will not be noticeable on the PA sound, but will still create a reasonable effect on your in-ear monitors. Needless to say, the monitor signal must be supplied in stereo for Space to have the desired effect.

I didn’t have problems before. I did a lot of reamp within Logic working absolutely fine, always through SPDIF. I didn’t check it in depth, but seems to work ok in every sample rate now since I trashed Logic preferences.

Analog outputs are absolutely fine, no chance to perceive any difference in comparison to SPDIF for a normal ear. But doing reamp seems to have too many AD/DA conversions; but I would’t probably tell the difference as well, to be honest.

I've been waiting for this update, didn't want to mess with beta releases. But this ain't working fine at all, I'm having so many problems with SPDIF sync.

Kemper freezes. Then Green screen . I have to switch off and on. Sometimes it doesn't sound, I have to change the profile. If I open Logic, it freezes and goes green screen.

It's finally working. Logic was responsible of such a mess. Trashing preferences (OSX) resolved the problem at last.

Ok, I found that the problem was within Logic. I trashed all preferences and it's working fine. It's strange, though, that Logic could make the profiler work so erratic.

It took me a little while to trash the preferences thinking that the problem came with this last kemper update, instead of thinking about Logic being responsible. Nevertheless, kemper and Logic are working fine finally.

Hi!

I have never had a problem with Logic and Kemper until I update to 7.1.19. It doesn't matter what sample rate I choose, kemper freezes and goes green screen whenever I use Logic. I did a hard reset to the profiler. I set the profiler as master, choose sample rate (48k, let's say). My RME HDSPe AIO is set to listen to profiler via S/PDIF:

Then Logic is set to the same sample rate:

There are some other parameters I don't know how they would affect:

When Logic is on, I start having this kind of messages from Logic and from Rig Manager and Kemper Freezes:

The profiler always boots on 44.1k and then changes to wherever you have chosen.

Sometimes it works for a little while. Some funny noises can be heard (some are the recognisable sample rate change) :

Noise 1

Noise 2

Sample rate click

Am I the only one having troubles with kemper and Logic?

Thanks for reading.

I've been waiting for this update, didn't want to mess with beta releases. But this ain't working fine at all, I'm having so many problems with SPDIF sync.

Kemper freezes. Then Green screen . I have to switch off and on. Sometimes it doesn't sound, I have to change the profile. If I open Logic, it freezes and goes green screen.

This would be fantastic. I have a polytune unit on my board and I do use the polyphonic feature extensively. When I tune my guitar, at the beginning of the rehearsal or gig, I do it note by note, but in the middle of rehearsal or gig, I play all strings to check tuning and I go straight to the out of tune string. I do it very often and saves me a lot of time. I don't think it would be that difficult to implement. Maybe there is a matter of patents, who knows.

Hi,

This has been happening to me these last few days, worrying me about an ethernet powering issue.

I have found that it was me entering in “system mode” (or whatever it could be called) in the profiler by pressing rig button 1 and tap tempo. I explain, hopefully it would be your problem as well:

Playing a certain tune, I was pushing rig buttom no 1 to access morphing in momentary mode (so I had to have the button pressed in order to have vibrato working). Meanwhile, I had to set my tempo, so I repeatedly was stepping tap button. The first time you press tap button while rig button no 1 is been pressed, you enter in a kind of system mode, the second time you pressed tap tempo, the remote restarts. As you press twice very quicky, it is not easy to see what’s going on. I was turning crazy.

I have read the manual to see if this is explained somewhere, and I couldn’t find it.

I hope this would be your case.

Excellent, thanks burkhard, I didn’t know. It’s a way to do it, it’s possible at least. Nonetheless, it would be great to have that feature inside Vibrato FX settings and have morph available for whatever you need.

Hi!

As the famous VB-2 has, a "rise time" feature in the vibrato FX would be marvellous. You could indeed do something similar with morphing but it's not quite the same since you can't make it momentary as the VB-2 does in "unlatch" mode. In The VB-2 "unlach" mode you can trigger the vibrato by holding down the pedal and the "rise time" knob adjust the time that the effect takes to get to the depth you have set. When you release the pedal the effect ends. "Latch" mode works exactly the same but you have to step on the pedal to turn it on and press it again to turn it off; "rise time" also works this way. "Bypass" mode would be what kemper vibrato effect does, losing the other two modes, much more interesting in my opinion.

This would be pretty easy to do if you had a "rise time" parameter inside kemper's vibrato effect. You could easily emulate "unlach" or "latch" modes. You could also add a "release time" parameter to make it even more usefull than the VB-2.

Thanks!

[Blocked Image: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/br22Fjz2-7w/maxresdefault.jpg]

I'm again with this...

Input section presets recalls features as "clean sens" or "distortion sens", but it doesn't actually change Input source.

It would be great to recall different scenarios, recording for example would be like this:

• Input Source: Front input
    • SPDIF Output: Git Studio

Reamp:

• Input Source: SPDIF Input Reamp
    • SPDIF Output: Master Stereo

And as many scenarios as you may need (Gig, Acoustic GTR, Bass, Strato, Les Paul...). And it would be fabulous to change everything at once.

Just my two cents...