Posts by joeytpg

If you want the most compact setup, especially for someone who takes the metro, buy the Kemper and invest in some good in-ear monitors (triple drivers). Then you can just plug into the club's PA system for FOH, and your in-ears will be your monitors. You could fit your whole setup in a backpack.

I have some Ultimate Ears 5 Pro but I don't have a wireless system yet. It'll be an investment for early next year.

Thank you for the answer man, very helpful. I'm looking fwd to it!

For me this is the most compact setup;

dude that's EXACTLY what I'm going after! that's what I'll create. Where is the remote pedal stored in? the guitar gig bag?

I'm thinking about buying the Laney IRT-X since it's under £400 and it has very good reviews. the Yamaha DXR10 is like £550 here in the UK

thank you for the fast answers guys. What I like about the powered version is that once I go on tour if I cannot take the FRFR I can just request a cab or even just hook up a Combo amp and use the speaker. How easy it is to convert the unpowered toaster to powered? maybe if I need it in the future I can get the mod done.

Hey man, thanks for the advice, I checked the FBT J8AJ and the size seems great plus the price also since I want to get the Kemper remote, but I have some other questions:

1- If I go with the unpowered woudl I be able to use the Effects Loop and connect a tube preamp (like JMP-1 for instance) in the Return Loop ? logic tells me this won't me possible since the unpowered version doesn't have a POWERAMP, but I might as well ask.

2- Can I use any other Midi pedalboard to change channles and effects in the Kemper? I have a Nobels Midid board that I'm not using and I could make use of that and save some money on the remote while using that extra money on the powered version.

3- finally do you find that going FRFR has the same feel as a cab? I just don't wanna feel like I'm playing a mic'd amp through studio monitors, even though it might sound good, it for sure lacks some OOMPH. I don't need the tone to smash my face but I'd like it to sound at least as good and powerful as a Deluxe Reverb or something. :)

1. Yes.
    2. Depends on the FRFR system you will have. A bass system needs more power than a guitar system. On the other hand, most FRFR systems have plenty of power.
    3. If you're coming from a Palmer pocket amp, the Kemper is more than acceptable!!
    4. Depends on what you're expecting. The Kemper isn't a tube amp and a FRFR-speaker isn't a guitarcab.

I hace tube amps and all that good stuff but for quick gigs where I cannot/won't hull around an amp I take the pedalboard with the Pocket amp which allows me to use my analog pedals directly into the PA board.

hey boys, sorry for starting two threads in one day, will be my last time doing this, I just have several little questions before I take the final plunge and purchase the Kemper

1-) Does the Kemper powered (or unpowered) have an effects loop I can use to plug in time effects? I'd also plug a tube preamp on the Return Loop and bi pass the Kemper's Pre's and just use the tube preamp if it's possible (I'd only do this to play around with my other preamp without having to buy a power amp for it like you would do with a normal tube amp with effects loop.

2-) will a FRFR system be enough for me to play bass too through my Kemper? I'm not a bass player per se but sometimes I play bass while writing songs or recording and I'd like to know the active system would handle the deep bass?

3-) For you guys gigging with the Kemper and going directly to FOH, how good does it sound even if the bar doesn't have the best PA. is it still acceptable? right now I'm using a pedalboard with a Palmer Pocket amp which is not the best sound but it's acceptable and I can use my normal guitar pedals). I don't need THE BEST

4-) will an FRFR system sound AS BIG and full as a tube amp and a cab speaker? I play mostly clean/od blues/soul/pop ala John Mayer but I would like to have the option of playing some rock and metal too and having the system sound big and full.

Thank you everyone! looking fwd to joining you all.

JT

Hello everyone, I'm a future owner and I'm looking to what would be the most portable setup with the Kemper. I don't own a car and I'm in London so I need to use the metro to commute to gigs. If it's a bigger gig that I need to take a couple of guitars and maybe a slightly bigger setup I can always Uber it, but still I don't have space to hull around big cabs etc.

what would a good portable size FRFR that I can purchase to go along with the Kemper.

When it comes to the Kemper itself I'm thinking about going with the Powered version in case I want to use it with a cab, but my question is......does the Powered version have a "loop"?