Posts by dmatthews

thanx for the input. Also how does it sound in a normal cab? I guess my question is does it give the amp in the room feel?

I bought a Kabinet, and a Kone. The Kone is yet to be used. I was going to put it in my XiTone MBritt powered cab until I noticed the Dayton amp is coaxial. Now I'm going to take my Kabinet to a maker and get them to clone it. I'll put the Kone in that and run stereo.

The Kabinet sounds excellent and def gives amp in the room feel back.

All of that to say sorry, I don't have that direct experience, but that's why they sell them in 1, 2, and 4 packs. I'll bet they'd go great in your cab.

Can someone verify the Kone is loaded from the back on the Kabinet ?

I made a couple of clone Kabinets I took the measurements off a Kabine t but can’t find one of the pages I wrote the particulars on. Also other then the staples how the piping is attached to the top

Go to about 1:30 here

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks for the info. I'll keep researching..

How about stereo?

If I'm building a 4x12, is it a good idea to wire the cab stereo - 2 right speakers as the R (connect from the Kemper R output or monitor out) and the same with the two left speakers?

I definitely want the stereo option, so any amp choice for me must be stereo.

Soooo.... I had tried the Kone imprints briefly with my Celestion coax (similar to Kemper Kone) and just really didn't like it but I think it was the coax speaker I didn't like. But today, after reading this, I thought I'd try out the Kone imprints into the Valvetrain. I was very prepared to not like the results as I'm just accustomed to what I normally hear. But I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised. Even though the Valvetrain uses a guitar speaker, the amp is voiced to work with the speak in a way that makes it close enough to flat response that the imprints really work pretty much as intended. Without the Kone imprints, there is a bit of low mid bump and rolled off highs that I get used to and that kind of go away at higher volumes with the Valvetrain. With the Kone imprints, it sounds a little like a layer is removed and it sounds and feels a bit more like an amp in the room, especially at the volume I use in my office. Now, of course, it's a can of worms to decide which imprint I like best with each profile, but all in all, I think it's a great added feature and I can definitely see myself using the Kone imprints at home and maybe even on the road (if going on the road ever exists again). Thanks for the comment and setting me off down this road!

Thanks Michael, and you're welcome.

I was curious because I get some positive results using your XiTone model. That said the Kone in the Kabinet is better for sure, probably because of the coax you mention.

When I get back into our practice studio I'll be trying it on my DXR10 and Bose L1 MII as well.

You're right about the can of worms applying imprints to rigs. I think I need to re-do my performances but the good/bad news is that I have the time to do it.

Funny how I got used to the lack of AITR in favour of tonal bliss, and now I get to have that back too. Great time to be a guitar player (apart from the obvious stick in the bicycle spokes of life).:)

Thanks again for your testing, I sincerely appreciate it!

1) Not convinced that there are any rules regarding cabinet. Kones were made to replace existing speakers in existing cabs. That being said, as usual there will be a difference between open/closed back.

2) Yes you need an amp. Popular choices are Camplifier, ISP, Seymour Duncan Powerstage, TC BAM 200 etc.

I tried the Kemper Kabinet. It’s not fully sealed there are small gaps at the top where the piping comes through. But not ported I’m building 3 clone Kabs right now. 2 from mdf like the Kab and one out of utralite plywood, but they will be airtight

Interesting. I'm going to take my Kabinet to a cab maker and get them to clone it with MDF. I'll be interested to compare results!

Awesome! Gorgeous and must be nice and light!

Yeah Dave, nice one. 8)

The spotting's been posted here before. Here's the full gig:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I had an idea this wouldn't have been fresh, but thought it was cool anyway.

Cheers for the heads up mate!