Posts by dmatthews

A review with the KPA

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Doesn't he know you're supposed to tape off the Gibson logo now?:D

Thanks, I'll try that again.

Cheers,

It's the same under iOS. You establish a MIDI connection inside Bandhelper.

If you intend to load a particular Slot immediately, use the standard method, which is a combination of MIDI bank select LSB and program change. That's what I do. Details can be found in the Main Manual chapter MIDI.

Thanks for chiming in Burkhard

What about the "Controller, Value"? I tried that method, and it moves to the correct Performance, but only waits for input to select the slot. No matter how I set the "System settings" for perf.load, I can't get it to choose default slot 1, or keep slot. Only "Pending" works.

Any ideas?

Brilliant! My buddy has one and it's awesome, congrats!

A friend of a friend made this.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I don't have it yet because I'm not recording right now, but it looks and sounds legit.

Again, I have no affiliation at all.

It's a feature, actually. It takes 2 messages - CC47+performance number, followed by CC50/51/52/53/54 for the slot number.

EDIT: Just reread your post. I'd have to check it on my system. Not sure if that's a bug or not. I always specifically select the slot.

OK, yeah if you could check, that'd be great! The manual insinuates it should just go there.

OK...

Got the Yamaha MD-BT01 yesterday, and was fairly successful last night with the info that both reneguitar and mollydyer supplied above!

Thanks guys!:)

It took me 15 or 20 minutes of fumbling around before I realized that you don't pair the device to your phone/tablet, you pair it to the app you're going to use (Bandhelper in this case). Maybe that's different in iOS, but in Android that's what I had to do. Plug the device into the Kemper, open the app, open the Midi status page, and choose "Connect to a Bluetooth Device". Finds it in seconds and you're done!

It is powered by the Midi out port, so no batteries.

I am impressed with the distance my tablet can be from the device/Kemper. Currently the Kemper is in my living room, and I can switch performances etc from in my Kitchen, a good 25' away! Should be no problem at practice or a gig.

Now I have a question...

If I use the Control change method #48 - 1, the Kemper jumps to Performance 1 no problem. But it sits there waiting for you to stomp one of the 5 rig buttons before it will activate that rig. I can see that being good for some people, but I want it to naturally load rig 1.

I went to System settings, and Perf.load, and changed that to 1 instead of "pending" and it won't load slot 1. Neither does "Keep slot" work. Only the default "pending" works, which again forces you to stomp on a slot.

Any ideas why? Think it's a bug?

Using the Program change method, you get the slot you want every time.

Hmmm...

Hi Dave... Dave here...:P

I don't have the wedge, but I do have the MBritt 1x12 powered cab.

It is built like a tank, and sounds great. I love that I can remove the back panel for open/closed back situations.