Posts by kevinduren

I stumbled onto something may be useful to others.

Using a rig from the 2020 pack, ( I was working with the 3P AD Black 3), copy the compressor into slot A, and copy the screamer into slot B, leaving the screamer in slot C. Just by doing that, this rig can cover a LOT of ground. With the screamers off, there is a great clean to slightly dirty tone that feels great. Add one screamer and turn the guitar volume down slightly for a crunch sound. Turn the guitar volume up for a more saturated crunch sound. Engage both screamers for a clear, singing lead tone.

...and there are artist-specific and song-specific rigs on rig manager. You will have to get creative with you search terms...

And like DonPetersen mentioned, they were made using a different set up than you use, so YMMV as to how much tweaking you will have to do. And you might be able to make use of a specific delay setting, etc. used in the rigs you find.

Burkhard and Wheresthedug,

Thank you for your responses. I appreciate being able to have this discussion.

If this is just not possible on a software/firmware/hardware level, then let me know and we can disregard all of the below. I will be satisfied with the looper button set to control Fast/Slow rotary in every rig...even the ones with no rotary effect. :)

I would gladly workaround having to change another user's setting to gain this functionality. We are already doing that when we download or buy rigs. They come with settings and assignments that are not our own; therefore, we have to change them.

Regarding the LED color; there is no indication of what that button is doing now, even though it is limited to one, global setting. And the LED is off until you step on the button, so it could not indicate anything until activated. I understand the concern that it might be confusing, trying to remember what is assigned to that button. I would still propose that there would be a significant increase in functionality that offsets this. The Profiler has this small difficulty already; when you have a red stomp assigned, you can't tell if it is a boost or what kind of boost. Or a distortion or what kind of distortion ( a screamer, a DS, etc.). Similarly, a blue stomp LED might be a chorus, vibrato, trem, etc. Is it heavy distortion or a light crunch? Is the delay a slapback or long? The point being, you have to remember settings on a rig by rig basis already. I make notes on my setlist when necessary.

Edit- just had this idea: The user (or even better, the community) could come up with a "short-hand" symbol to insert in the rig name that would indicate what was assigned to the Looper button.

Again, thanks for the discussion and thanks for considering this,

Kevin

I really appreciate being able to re-assign the looper button to another function. It would be MUCH more usable if it could be assigned to different functions in different rigs.

I saw the response to the similar request regarding expression pedals. I do not mind reconfiguring any preset, unwanted setting that was included in a shared or purchased rig. It would be worth it to acquire this very large increase in functionality. I change multiple setting, configurations, and/or assignments in every rig already. The ability to assign those controllers on a per-rig basis would be a HUGE boon! If this is a workable scenario, then please consider applying this functionality to the other re-assignable buttons (tuner and tap) to accommodate users who don't use those buttons for their standard purpose.

Thank you for considering,

Kevin

Recently updated to the latest public versions for the RM and the Profiler (powered toaster). Though the manual indicated that ctrl+delete would delete presets, I can't seem to delete any of them through RM. I can delete them on the Profiler. When I right click on a preset(s) in RM, "Delete Preset" is greyed-out in the menu.

Is there some setting or step I am missing?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure what changed, but I can delete presets this morning.

I rented my Kemper, as a (paid) favor for a friend who has a backline rental company. For the last several months, many players used it, at all levels from huge national acts, to more regional acts (I know of some of the acts, some were unknown to me, and I don't even know all of the acts that rented it).

With that said, almost all of them used rigs from the MBritt free pack that comes with the Kemper. I did get back some profiles with tweaked setting, particularly the effects.

Point being, you can do a pro gig with free profiles. But go as deep down the profile rabbit hole as your personality dictates.

Pre covid-19, my buddy with the backline company saw that there was going to be continuing demand for Kempers, so he bought two.

I have a ton of profiles and enjoy just scrolling through and trying them. Ditto with rig exchange. I bought the MBritt 2020 pack and profiles from that pack are replacing almost everything I was using.

For comparing profiles at rehearsal or sound check (or even at the gig), try putting two profiles that you are trying to decide between next to each other in a performance. Now, this is assuming you don't need 5 profiles / slots for any one song. Be sure the two profiles you are comparing have the same effects settings, levels, etc. (or just lock the stomps and effects). Then, during a song you can easily switch back and forth to compare. If you are not that brave, you could try one profile on a song and then the other profile on the next song.

What I did, in order to do this, was make two basically identical performances, and then use one as my test bed, swapping out the profiles I wanted to compare in one performance while keeping the other performance ready to switch to if my "experiment" doesn't work out.

Another suggestion: if you ever have access to full blown PA, spend some time auditioning rigs through it. If there is a rehearsal complex near you, set up the profiles you want to compare in some logical, systematic way, and go rent "the big room" for a few hours and compare away.