Posts by kevinduren

Thanks also. I had a similar wierd situation where I had assigned something (couldn't figure out what it was; maybe delay freeze) to a switch, and then changed effects. Well, that button still retained the assignment, the white light would still come on when I stepped on the button, but did not change anything. And I could not figure out how to get rid of it.

But now I do!

I've had the same question, wanting to delete a slot/slots out of a 5 slot performance right from the Profiler.

My solution has been to delete in Rig Manager, or if not connected to Rig Manager, uncheck the Slot Enable box.

The beauty of the Slot Enable uncheck is, if you decide you want that rig back, you just check the Slot Enable box.

And of course, you can overwrite the slot at anytime.

Alternatively, you can copy and past the slots you do want to keep to a new performance, and then delete the old performance. (I just checked, and I can't find a way to delete a performance at the profiler, so you may have to do that from Rig Manager also. )

If, as paults asked above, you want less than 5 slots in a performance, you can change that in the Systems settings, it's on page 12 of 18.

Whew, whoever said life is just a bunch of workarounds was RIGHT!

Thanks Aaron.

I spent a bunch of time a few weeks ago messing around with the delays and discovered two things:

the dotted 8th delay needs to be way louder than the other delays and

the dotted 8th delay need to be up the center (that is, not panned)

I also came up with another "flavor" where the first two delays were short (1/32 and 1/16) and panned hard left and right, the third delay was the dotted 8th (up the center) and the last delay was 1/4 and panned. Try setting the dotted 8th delay volume at 10, the 1/4 delay at 2, and the two shorter delays in the 2-8 range.

If you REALLY want get crazy stereo/panning, try using both of those at the same time.

For a take on the dotted 8th delay in stereo try this:

Use the Rhythm Delay

Set the mix fairly high, say 70 or higher

Feedback at 0 or very low

Note Value 1 at 1/8 dot

Note Value 2 at 1/4

Note Value 3 at 1/4 dot

Note Value 4 at 7/16

Volume 1 at 10

Volume 2 at 2

Volume 3 at 2

Volume 4 at 1

Panorama 1 at 0

Panorama 2 at +100

Panorama 3 at -100

Panorama 4 at +100

Stereo at 100

Ducking at 0

As always, tweak around until you find something you think is cool.

Try the quad delay, you can set the volumes of all the delays to whatever volume you want. For my use, I set the first delay at 10, and the subsequent delays at 2 or less.

If you are running stereo, center the first delay and pan the subsequent delays.

The amount of high end in the delay makes a difference in how apparent the repeat is. Cut highs from the delay to make it less apparent.

You will only get 3 repeats with feedback at 0. If you want more than 3 repeats, increase the feedback.

As always, experiment with these suggestions until you get what you want.

Great post. I found those profiles awhile back but had a slightly different experience.

First of all, I try every profile named tweed-anything (or champ or princeton or deluxe for that matter).

There was just something about those profiles that caught my attention. I had to tweak pretty heavily to get what I wanted but, there was something very very cool about the profiles that made me want to work with them. So, agreed, thanks to Zoltan 1957 for those.

I had even wanted mention them in the Hidden Gems thread, but didn't want to try to explain my tweaks. If you haven't already, maybe you should mention them in that thread Mateo_2006.

Again, thanks for the great post.

Yes, they make a difference, but they are just various configurations of the output section.

You can scroll through them and see if any of them suit your use situation.

I find it easier to set up the output section the way I need it to be and then save that as a preset or presets if you need say stereo output for recording and mono output for live.

If, for instance, you have the output section already configured they way you want it, save that as Deej09 Default (or whatever you would name it). That way you always have that setting to go back to if you decide to experiment.

I apologize if this has already been addressed, but I searched the forum and the manual and could not find an answer:

Is there any way to preserve my pedal assignments (I am using the profiler remote) when adding a new rig to a performance?

I have tried copying and pasting my effects and stomp presets. I have tried locking stomps and effects and then saving the performance. Both of these will save the stomps and effects in the profiler and does retain morph setting and expression pedal assignments, but then I have to go through and manually assign the stomps/effects to the remote buttons.

Thanks.

After getting the new reverbs, I found that I don't really like the spring reverb. I think what I don't like is that it is so different from the reverbs I'm used to. There was just a large difference when changing from a slot with a hall reverb to a slot with the spring reverb.

My "hack" is to use the spring reverb before the stack and then use my "normal" reverb in the reverb slot. That lets me get the "sprongy / vintagey" kind of sound of the spring reverb, but then the same sonic space treated by the second reverb later in the chain.

Anyway, thought I'd share in case that is useful to anyone else.

I would be very interested in anyone elses spring reverb settings if anyone has come up with something they like and would be willing to share.

So, get:

Petty 12 String on the Rig Exchange (by paults)

And I agree, it works pretty well(pretty good?). It uses a Vibrolux profile. If you want to, you can change the Stack to something else, such as one of the acoustic simulator profiles in the RE, there are a few. Search acoustic (but beware you will get some bass amps with that search), sim, nylon, piezo, etc. My point was, paults tweaked up a pretty good approximation of a 12-string, and you can keep his tweaks/effects, and change the Stack to something else if you are trying to simulate an acoustic 12-string, a Rickenbacker 12-string, etc. etc.