Posts by Guitarjon

If you don't use the same IR it will not be possible to narrow down the comparison to amp modelling itself.
    Granted, kemper profile may have been of amp dialed in very differently to the others, so that is an issue on its own.

I play classic rock and often use classic rock tones for metal as well (as a starting point, just some more gain) :)

But yea there are nuances in high gain tones as well. The more used to these tones one is the more they hear the difference, on average, I'd think.

yeah, I think Kemper did good but the circumstances of this video just weren't ideal.
    I still wanted to include Kemper in the comparison because it's one of the few platforms that can do a MKIV.

Time for another gear emulation comparison!

This video is all about comparing the Mesa Boogie MKIV emulations in the following platforms (in no particular order):

Kemper Profiler
    Axe FX/AX8
    Line 6 Helix (Native/LT)
    Amplitube 4 (Mesa pack)
    Thermionik
    S-gear

Those were all the platforms of which I am aware that they emulate the MKIV amp.
    Most of them did a very good job but I have a few favorites.

Of course I'd love to know which one you though was best so let me know!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMdwVGxU-Vs

About the Kemper clip: I recognize that the Kemper example perhaps doesn't sound as good as some of the others.
    Unfortunately I didn't have a MKIV here to profile so I had to rely on existing (commercial) profiles.
    To keep things as consistent as I could, I chose a direct MKIV profile from a commercial vendor to be able to use the same IR as with the rest.
    I had to tweak from there.
    This was honestly the best profile I could find for this test.
    I think the Kemper can definitely do MUCH better but in different circumstances....
    I guess that's just a drawback of this platform sometimes since you can't ever start a 'preset' from scratch.

Hi guys,

I created this basic tutorial about loading IR's into your Kemper.
    The guys from OwnHammer get a lot of questions about this topic so I hope this helps for people who are new to this.

Cheers!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hey guys,

I'm really digging the Camerica and BE100 amps from Mattfig.
    Here's a video fo the Camerica in action:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hey guys,

So I am a huge fan of modeling amplication.
    I own an Axe FX, Helix and quite a few plugins.
    In fact, I haven't owned a tube amp for at least 11 years.
    The ones I had were noisy, heavy and inconsistent. lol
    From going to digital there was always a quest to find the best tones possible with modeling and we now live in a time when there are a few great sounding options out there.

So far I've been really digging the Kemper.

I akready made 2 songs (rock and metal) which I made a thread for here:
    https://www.kemper-amps.com/fo…d-some-brief-impressions/

I'd say the pro's are that the Kemper can really do super realistic amp tones.
    The feel and sound is just THERE.
    Once you get a good profile it's just a joy to play.
    In comparison it doesn't sound and as 'stiff' as some other modeling platforms.

I've gotten great results so far with studio and merged profiles but for me I started hitting home run when I discovered direct profiles with my trusty OwnHammer IR collection.
    I loaded in about 500 of my favorites (still curious as to how much cabs fit in this thing).
    This makes getting a great personal sound very easy.

I already tried a lot of commercial and paid profiles out there, as well as a lot of free ones.
    A lot of them seem to dark or to thin for my personal taste so looking for a good profile can sometimes be a bit of a search.
    Some of the commercial vendors that stand out to me so far are: Sinmix (great profiles with many options, they just work. Amazing for metal), Mattfig has a couple of great ones too (check out the BE100 and Camerica, really dug those) and Double Impact Productions (I really am a fan of the second profile bundle).

Anyway, I'm glad to be here! :)

Hey guys,

I'm a new Kemper user and I made two rock/metal songs to demo my new device!
    Here is the first one, it's a Sinmix 5150 MKI direct profile paired with a Zilla 2x12 sm57 IR from the Heavy Hitters Collection.

External Content www.youtube.com

And another one more rock-ish tune with the Camerica amp from Mattfig.
    This sounds good and meaty! Also using an OwnHammer IR.

External Content youtu.be

Hope you enjoy!

Cheers