Posts by Fremen

I made a quick video this morning (I will be late to work ;) ) to show how I send performances files to the Kemper :

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I use Rig Manager to backup the performances, and send them to the Kemper. But not to browse the performances, for that I use the Kemper itself. Is it not what you're doing ? If it's still the problem I'll save them as individual rigs too, properly named...

The inboard poweramp is one of the reasons I got a Powerhead. Up to now, I didn't have to use it at a higher volume than -8 dB on my Palmer cabinet (2x12 @ 8 ohms with V30, closed back). But here in Mauritius we never play at deafening volumes either ;)

here's a gig I did with it (the camcorder which recorded the sound is the one most far from the PA) :

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The other guitar player in my band used a Diezel Herbert, and I hear myself better. But the camcorder was on my side of the stage too…

Great stuff, I did not expect the presets to be performance only files. I spent time pulling them out into my rigs, one at a time. Unfortunately this is causing Rig Manager to crash repeatedly(for me).
    Any chance you could create a zip with all the individual rigs external to the performances.
    No worries if it's too much work. I figured you may have them in your library before you created the performance files.

Thanks, Marc

Hello Marc,
    Yes I had them as rigs before, but they were personalized a lot in the performances slots. I arranged the rigs in logical order in the performances, and renamed etc... I prefer to share them this way, as it's easier to know which rig is used for which part. I can export them all for you if needed, but will have to rename each rig, and it takes time :)

Great news, Fremen, nice to see you here! :thumbup:

That Comfortably Numb solo on the video is a work of art...brilliant!

I'm getting an error message on Firefox when trying to get into your links?

Hello Lance ! according to my webmaster (who is also the other Kemper owner in the island), that may be caused by the proxy plugin of the browser used, but he'll check tonight anyway

Looks like a beautiful place to reside, reminds me of Hawaii, kinda! I will be looking forward to purchasing these in the near future but for now I will just have to listen to them with Xmas on the horizon. Your playing is great. Cheers.

I'm coming to LA in January for NAMM, and thinking about going to Hawai afterwards !

Hello guys ! I just released two commercial profile packs ; from now on, I will post about all my commercial packs in this thread only

1) Big pack - 277 rigs and 15 performances

From my popular presets for Axe-FX II/Helix/Amplifire, and, as bonus, a few profiles of my tube amps (EVH LBX II, mesa MKV:35, Victory V130 The Super Countess)

available here :
    https://fremenpresets.com/downloads/tdr-kemper-big-pack/

A demo of some blues and rock tones :

2) Pink Floyd rigs (+ U2 bonus)

https://fremenpresets.com/down…emper-pink-floyd-u2-pack/

Where I live, in Mauritius, I play in a Pink Floyd tribute band, with which I’ve had three big gigs. For the two first ones, I used an Axe-Fx. Recently I had another gig where I wanted to use a Kemper powerhead – mainly for portability and monitoring reasons : the powered KPA + remote are easier to carry (I suffer from back pain), and it’s very easy to use a real guitar cabinet with it – after playing with FRFR systems for years, I wanted a more traditional monitoring sound, plus my Atomic CLR weights 23 kg, and the guitar cabinet was provided by the sound system guys (thus, one less thing to carry). So, I converted all my Pink Floyd tones into Kemper format. I arranged them into performances ; there are 19 performances, many of which with 5 rigs.

Here’s the songs list :
    Brain damage/Eclipse (2 rigs)
    Comfortably numb (one performance with 5 rigs, a second one with 5 alternate lead sounds, for the last solo)
    Echoes (5 rigs)
    The Great gig in the sky (1 rig)
    Hey you (3 rigs)
    High hopes (3 rigs)
    In the flesh (3 rigs)
    Marooned (1 rig)
    Money (5 rigs – based on Delicate sound of thunder version)
    Mother (5 rigs – based on Roger Waters The Wall tour)
    On the turning away (3 rigs)
    Run like hell (1 rig)
    Shine on you crazy diamond (5 rigs)
    Another brick in the wall Pt1/Happiest days of our life/Another brick Pt 2 (5 rigs)
    Time (5 rigs)
    Us and them (2 rigs)
    Wish you were here (2 acoustic sim rigs for electric guitar, and 2 for a real acoustic guitar)
    Young lust (with “Sorrow” intro) (3 rigs)

Here’s a Pink Floyd Tribute show I did with the Axe-Fx, this is a soundboard audio recording :

And now, here’s some of the sounds from my Kemper pack ; unfortunately, I only have a camcorder recording of the audio :

Also included in this pack, as a bonus, five U2 performances, for the following songs :
    With or without you
    Pride (in the name of love)
    Where the streets have no name
    All I want is you
    I still haven’t found what I’m looking for.

Each performance has 5 different versions of the preset, using the same effects settings but different amp models/cabs. So if you like your U2 sounds cleaner or with more drive, you’ll have 5 choices.

I just released a free acoustic simulation pack on my website, available here :

https://fremenpresets.com/downloads/category/kemper/

There are a few acoustic simulation profiles for the Kemper on Rig Exchange, including one I made in 2013 that got good reviews. But I think no one did what I did for other processors : a collection of presets which will work for as many electric guitars and pickups as possible.Note that I’m not trying to simulate an actual acoustic guitar here – many people, including myself, have tried to do that but I honestly think it never works well enough – but an electro-acoustic one, or the piezo pickup of an electric guitar. I used my own Yamaha APX500 as a source for the reference sound.
    The reason behind the multiple profiles (17) in this pack is that the final sound is highly dependent on the electric guitar you will use and its pickups. I have simulation for many guitars and pickups (Telecaster, Stratocaster, Ibanez with DiMarzio or EMG etc.). So if you want to use a Strat with the neck position, or an Ibanez with a DiMarzio humbucker on the bridge, I have specific presets for both. Of course, you may try other presets, but starting with the intended ones is the safest bet. Warning : if you use a preset made for a neck humbucker on a dark guitar with a Fender Strat on the “quack” position, the excess of treble may hurt your ears, or even your tweeters ! So, proceed with caution. Also, the compressor is necessary to prevent the profile from sounding distorted. Of course, you can tweak the profile to your taste, for your specific guitar. The “studio equalizer” can be useful for this, but often, the main EQ and amp definition parameter are enough.
    Also included in this free pack, are a few profiles I made with my tube amps : EVH 5150 III LBX, Victory V130 The Countess (the 100 W version of the Guthrie Govan signature amp) and Mesa Boogie MKV:35. There’s also a few samples from my Kemper Big Pack, which is my big collection of Axe-Fx II profiles (made from the presets I sell for Axe users) ; this pack also has Helix, Atomic Amplifire profiles, and all my real amp profiles.
    Note : although this pack is free, please don’t redistribute any of its content anywhere !

Thanks ! It's a built in wha… The only external gear is an EHX synth pedal for The final countdown, which doesn't sound perfect btw

First gig with my Kemper (and my Suhr) yesterday :)

External Content www.youtube.com

Having a poweramp in the KPA is incredibly practical ! Although on the video, you'll hear my wedges, not my Palmer cab

Thanks guys ! Here's another video, where I use a few of my profiles to compare a Gibson Les Paul with a cheap Les Paul copy

Just got my first Suhr, and couldn't be happier :) I recorded this with a few Kemper profiles I made years ago :

lots of over-indulgence in the "Comfortably numb" soloing part but I was just having fun. That guitar is going to be the main axe for my Tribute to Pink Floyd band