Posts by 69 Z28

A close by high power RF transmitter could do something similar to a poorly shielded cable, but the solid constant tone he describes sounds really odd for anyone to be transmitting? Even a compounded set of signals would vary somewhat? From my elec engineering days I met a few hardcore active "radio enthusiasts" and from that pool, more were "a little out there" than not with their experiments, so anything is possible I guess :)

Interested if the OP has tried different cables and lengths. This should be the first quick and easy troubleshooting step to avoid going down the wrong rabbit hole.

Would love to know the cause when he identifies it.

Search for PSK-31 and listen to a sound sample. This is an amateur radio digital mode. I don’t know what frequency the pitch of the transmitted tone is but it is a pretty consistent tone and irritating to listen to. This was the reason I mentioned the amateur radio computer based digital modes. Several of them are similar sounding to this one. Generally when amateurs use these modes they run low power. Typically 30 W RF or less. Most likely this isn't his problem but I guess it’s possible.

I agree, I would love to know the cause when he identifies it.

Is there an amateur radio operator nearby that could be running hundreds of watts of RF power? I am one and in the past occasionally when I transmitted some of the computer-based digital modes, my television would receive them and make strange sounds. I have never had this happen before with my Kemper or any of my tube amps.

Good luck and I hope you quickly find the source your problem.

Paul, I'm after Keef sound circa 1970.

A lot of that sound from that era was Keith using a Gibson with an adjustable bridge. I have a 1967 Country and Western which is basically a hummingbird with a different pick guard and it has that particular Keith sound to my ears. Most attribute it to the adjustable bridge. Just something to consider. I also have one of the newer Gibson Hummingbird Vintage models with the fortified top. It sounds great but it just doesn’t have the same sound from the era you want. It has to be the ceramic bridge and the overtones it seems to create even though the guitars are made of the same wood. Hopefullly this was helpful a little bit.

yes doesn't matter
    if RM is connected or not

Do you have a Remote connected? I have been having this same issue for a while now and the only way to clear it is to turn the Profiler off and back on. But it doesn't seem to do it when I disconnect the Remote. Pretty sure it still happened when I was not using RM with my Mac before I disconnected the Remote. I need to check all this again with the new firmware update. I don't recall this occurring since the update.

About three years ago I purchased a mint condition 1987 Kramer Stagemaster. Been wanting one for many years in condition this good. When it arrived I could hear something rattling in the box. The head stock had been broken completely off. I was sick. The seller could have done a better job packing but FedEx was obviously rough with it. I could have sent it back, let the seller refund me, and he collect the insurance but I decided to get it repaired. There was one particular individual on the Kramer forum that everyone recommended, Vince Michael Guitars. It ended up taking almost a year to get it fixed but he did a such great job that you cannot even see where the break occurred. It stays in tune and plays perfectly. I’m glad I saved it because I’m sure FedEx would have just thrown it in the dumpster. It’s now one of my favorite guitars.

Trey

They don’t do 15% off Kemper, do they?

Neither Sweetwater or Guitar Center would honor the GC 15% off coupon for my Kemper or the Mission Gemini II cabinet when I bought them. I ended up purchasing from Sweetwater because I much prefer them over any other large dealer.