Posts by stfuzz

If possible, I try not to use the stomp- or any other button during a song. For most purposes I can solve changes with the morph function.

I´m gonna go your way, too soon. Right now I use the remote like a pedalboard. 3 Slots of one performance have the same amp and settings. Only the effects differ from each other. That´s too much tap dancing:)

I liked your story as well and I was laughing out loud in the end, because I had similar pros and cons when I was gigging the first time with KPA:))

Sound: perfect!

Dealing with the remote: I accidentally stepped on the tuner couple of times and muted my signal unfortunately. Because i programmed the most right button to be the "solo boost button". Next day I found out, that there is an option "mute signal" for the tuner, that you can disable....

Hey,

it´s not the most important thing for me, but anyway I had this issue now couple of times:

I´m recording something with the looper, let the playback run and simultaneously search for a delay preset for a lead sound.
    Then suddenly the output of the KPA does not work anymore and my non-technical intention told me to restart the Kemper.
    After restart all worked fine.

Greetings

Thanks for that insight.
    Would you say that your getting better results than using load boxes/mike, or at least on par with the benefit of saving time?

Yes, much better results!
    If a recording technique wants to achieve to picture the sound of an amp like you hear it when you are in the room with the amp, than microphones
    represent your ears. For example two mics in front of the cab, one in the sweet spot of the room.
    If you work with a load box you get the direkt signal of the power amp without the cab. By dialing in plugins you are able to emulate the amp-in-a-room-sound. But that can be tricky.
    My suggestion: Pick your favourite guitar tone of your favourite record. Make a research on the equipment which has been used and/or post your favourite guitar tone here or elsewhere and see the results. I‘m shure you will get closer to where you want to go!

I've read other forums where people who already mike/load box their amps are splashing out the cash on a Kemper. For those of you that did that, was it worth it?

Yes. I was working with Load Boxes for quite some time. Afterwards with Attenuators and multiple mic setups. And I had a lot fun with changing the mics, buying new mics, change the mic position, add a room mic, etc.
    I can recommend going through this process because you can learn a lot about frequencies, sounds, and equipment.
    Then a friend introduced the kemper to me. And I was like: Are you kidding me!? Digital? No way!! I‘ll take a shortcut now: After 10 month of research and A/B comparison I gave up and bought one.
    The much easier and cheaper access to amps and the fact that you can change your whole setup with a fingersnap was convincing to me. I’ve got much more time now to be creative with my guitars than before. The only contra for me so far is that I move less and put on weight. Ok, thats a lie.

I can recommend to watch the kemper video when Uwe Bossart and Tim Pierce are profiling Tims amps. It‘s impressiv.
    And I can also highly recommend the video of Johann Segeborn when he is testing a bunch of greenbacks with one amp, one cab, one git and one riff. That can be an ear opnener as well.

Good luck!

Some time ago I thought about selling my pedals (ca. 30 pieces) and get some bucks for them. But for now I decided to keep them because they sound sweet in front of the kemper as well. Most of the time I use them in the studio but sometimes I just grab the OCD or Fuzz Factory and destroy an open stage session with it :D