Posts by Mike082377

I am brand new to recording. I have the Kemper hooked up to the Scarlett 8i6 via spdif and I am using Reaper. On my Focusrite Control software, I have a spdif 1&2 input open and DAW playback 1&2 open.

When I arm my guitar track in Reaper and play, I get a chorus-like effect. It's almost like the guitar in being monitored twice. However, if I mute the spdif 1&2 input in the Focusrite Control software, the guitar doesn't sound right. If I mute the DAW playback 1&2 in the Focusrite Control software, I lose any effects/plug-ins I am using inside Reaper (reverb). How do I get rid of this chorus-like effect while keeping my effects/plug-ins in Reaper?

I am brand new to recording. I have the Kemper hooked up to the Scarlett 8i6 via spdif and I am using Reaper. On my Focusrite Control software, I have a spdif 1&2 input open and DAW playback 1&2 open.

When I arm my guitar track in Reaper and play, I get a chorus-like effect. It's almost like the guitar in being monitored twice. However, if I mute the spdif 1&2 input in the Focusrite Control software, the guitar doesn't sound right. If I mute the DAW playback 1&2 in the Focusrite Control software, I lose any effects/plug-ins I am using inside Reaper (reverb). How do I get rid of this chorus-like effect while keeping my effects/plug-ins in Reaper?

Is there a way to route iTunes from my MacBook Pro through the Kemper so I can play along with songs? I want iTunes and the Kemper to go through my studio monitors (Yamaha HS8’s). I don’t have an audio interface as I’m not interested in recording.

I have an unpowered toaster going through a pair of Yamaha HS8 studio monitors. I'm thinking of adding the Yamaha HS8S (subwoofer) for kicks and giggles. I'm just looking to add some beefiness and fun to my sound when jamming...not concerned about mixing, recording, or anything like that. Does anyone have any experience with the subwoofer? Is it worth the $450 price tag when combined with a pair of Yamaha HS8 studio monitors?

Hey guys. I'm fairly new with the Kemper and a little confused about cabinet IRs from Celestion. What's the difference between buying the Vintage 30 4X12 Closed Cabinet IR from Celestion verses copying the exact same cabinet from a TopJimi profile I have and pasting into another profile?

This might be a dumb question, but I'm not trying to buy the IR if I don't have to. Thanks!

Hey guys! I have a a pair of Yamaha HS-8s for my Kemper and love them. I'm a bedroom jammer so these work great for me. HOWEVER, the wife has given me the thumbs up to get a new piece of gear. I was looking at the Friedman ASC-12 for the "amp in the room" feel, but thought that maybe the Yamaha HS-8 Subwoofer might do the trick too. Do y'all have any thoughts? I not concerned about loudness or overkill. Any pros and cons to each would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I have the same problem just start happening in the last six weeks. I make sure the wah is off when powering off, but when I power up, it’s on. I don’t rembering changing any polarity, but I’ll try this. Thanks.

It happens once the remote powers up. The remote takes about 5-10 seconds longer to power up than the Kemper. The wah switches on as soon as the remote boots up.

I have a Missions Expression Pedal that doubles as my wah and volume; it plugs directly into my Profiler Remote via TRS and TS cables.

Every time I power on my Kemper, the wah turns on no matter what profile is being used (as long as that profile has a wah assigned). How do I keep this from happening? It's not a big deal to turn the wah off after powering up, I just want it to not do this. Any suggestions?

I have a Kemper and Marshall DSL40c for when I need my “tube fix.” Great little amp when paired with a Celestion Creamback! If I want to use only the Kemper effects through the Marshall, would I simply hook it up through the effects loop of the Marshall and turn the stack off on the Kemper?

Also, how would effects that normally go into the front of the Marshall (wah, OD, phaser, etc.) work in this situation?

Hey guys. I would like to factory reset my Kemper and only load the effects (chorus, delay, wah, etc.). There's not a lot of stock profiles I like and I have downloaded/bought a bunch of Michael Britt, Top Jimi, and other great profiles off the Rig Exchange. Can you do this and where do you get the Kemper effects only?

Also, I love the Deadlight Studio profiles (pretty much the only stock profiles I like). Can you download only those profiles from some place? I'm new to Kemper so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

As I mentioned in my opening post, it's user error. The Kemper is brand new and I'm getting used to it. I played it all day yesterday and my ears were toast from all of the different profiles I was listening to. This morning (with fresh ears), the AFD profiles sound much better. It's funny how that works sometimes. Seriously, if you haven't checked out Topjimi's Brown Sound pack, you should...it's awesome!

I just bought the Topjimi Brown Sound, Mark V, and AFD profiles. The Brown Sounds profile is killer right out of the box! However, the AFD profiles are really bad and the Mark V profile pack isn’t that great either. I am new to the Kemper so it has to be me. I’m playing the Kemper direct into a pair of Yamaha HS-8 with a Les Paul. Here’s my question:

When I change the Topjimi AFD profiles to another Marshall Vintage 30 cab located in another profile, all of the Topjimi AFD then sound great. But stock from Topjimi they sound shrill (yes, his profiles appear to have a cab, I believe that’s called a studio profile). Am I missing something? Everyone raves about Topjimi so I want to make sure I’m doing everything right. Any suggestions?