Posts by Foxbilder

So i have the change to play in a live band again finally . :)
    So im planning to play my unpowered kemper head with a line 6 powercab 112 ( any other suggestions in same price category are welcome)

So but what do i need and how to connect the head to the powercab?

I also have question how u users use the kemper live ? do you place it on top on the cab? and is it safe , the kemper is lightweight , so what could i use to make sure when someone trip over my cable my kemper doesnt fall to the ground?

(i dont have the money yet for the pedalboard :( ) . But its rock roll so maybe 2 profiles needed

Hey i have a unpowered kemper head and i want to play with a fsfr monitor for live purposes.
    Is there any benefit with a powered head , im confused ?:/

or is a powered head designed to play with lets say a marshall 4X12 cab ? and no FSFR

Hey , maybe silly question , but i cant find how you find the preset i selected on a profile ?
    Like if i used the ping pong delay preset , tweak it a bit . And then come back to the profile few days later and forgot which preset i used
    How can i know what i selected? :s ( i only see the module )

What i find really annoying is the next thing :

you load a profile which has a reverb effect on it .
    you want to change the reverb so you push the reverb button.
    U then turn the browse button. But instead of starting in the browse library with let say spring reverb for example tha came with the profile.

its start with green scream ( if u added this before in this rig) . So i have to brows alll te way to the reverb...:rolleyes:
    Quite annoying and eventually time consuming.

Am i doing something wrong ? or why has this been the default???

I think this is definitely some kind of interference from an outside source that is being picked up by your guitar. Reminds me of Joe Satch's Flying in a Blue Dream, where that little boy's voice right at the beginning was some kind of show that was picked up on Joe's guitar.

Did you try shielding the cavity? Also, try a different kind of cable, something well-shielded.

Since you have a battery powered amp, try this out in a different location and see if there's any noise.

yeah that would make sense , but when i'm 15 feet away from my door the sounds stop. My other guitar i let it shielded , same problem
    and i used different cable all expensive brands , vovox , planet waves..

I need something that can filter out that anoyying freq . Like a highpass filter .

the Ebtech eliminator didnt work /

i have another theory in my mind think with me :

i hear it louder near my elek cabine , i went to the basent where i can follow my main elek wire .
    Its the same loudness.

So my elek cable is made of of copper , so i can act as an giant antenna .
    SO thatswhy it still can be something from my neigbourhood .

Let say someone in the streets uses a falty power supply , would i be able to get his noise through my elek line in my house ?

here's a video i made with the noise
    im using my battery powered amp with a vovox guitar cable

as you can see my electric cabine causes the high freq sound to get louder ,
    when i 'm exit the door 15 foot away the noise dies .

I must say when i came back from holidays the noise was gone for 4 days now its back :S

So could a bad transfo make this noise and just stop for a day ?
    Or has it to do with the power usage i my neigbourhood? ( I mean when theres a heavy user nearby , so the interuptions of the noise could mean hes on holidays...)

Anyway what should i do contact elektricien or my net provider ? I called them but the will charge 100 dollar if the problem is mine .

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

how do you explain then the 9 v battery amp with same problem?

edit now its 8 in the morning and the sound is gone . wonder when it will be back , again .

thats why i think it must be a device thats manualy turned on and off. :s

yeah , like i said dont need a intrument to hear the problem just a guitar cable put into an amp . I turned everthing off in my house , i really have no clue ,
    I forget to say sometimes its just quiet . Not often muste there are moments when there is no noise .
    So im really thinkin something from in the neigbourhood. But thats like findin a needle in a haystack