Posts by 3baab34fa1a5130e9adb2d32333896bd9318f4a3

OP here!

I never imagined this thread would grow so much!

There is TONS of Kemper love coming from me and to this day I highly recommend it within my circles. If I had the money, I'd own both units to be honest.

With that said, I took the decision of going for an Axe Fx III only because of the opportunity and current needs I have.

"Tone" at this point is the least of my concerns since both units are capable of delivering high quality sounds. It all boils down to having an "all-in-one" solution unit for my studio and opening the possibilities of expanded live playing.

Again, thank you so much for sharing your various points of view and helping me with this process.

Best regards!

I've never owned one but a friend of mine bought the 3 after being on "that list"! Of course he went on and on about how it's the best thing since sliced bread. After three short months, it's for sale at a huge loss right now. Not that he cares about the money, he just didn't like the complicated nav anymore. And yeah, he's owned every version since it's inception.

Since he is selling at a loss, may I inquire as to how much is he selling it for?

And thanks for your input good sir!

Luckily, I'm at a point where I can purchase either the Kemper Profiler Rack (unpowered) or an AXE FX III (got the email invitation and I'm next in line).

Keep in mind that I've owned the Kemper and it's familiar territory; I know what to expect. On the other hand, the AXE FX series is completely new to me and I'm not sure if "the grass is actually greener".

The AXE looks quite attractive since it is "new" and has so many features, bells and whistles; I'm also worried that a Kemper 2 might be coming out of nowhere and make this investment moot.

I'd appreciate any input from people that have fiddled with both units and has a clear grasp of the clear advantages between both.

I want a unit that can offer the most faithful/realistic recording results and also offer tons of flexibility with effects.

Pros... Cons?

Thanks in advance!