Posts by thenizzle

I recently picked up a peavey rockmaster tube preamp after stupidly selling mine 10 years ago. Got it and remembered why i loved it so much.

Not really knowing exactly how to connect it to my KPA I sort of had to guess so what I did was Peavey FX SEND to KPA alternate input and Peavey FX RETURN from KPA MAIN OUT LEFT. I plug my guitar into the high gain Rockmaster input and surprisingly.... everything works!

I disable the AMPLIFER in KPA but can use the cabinet and EQ (setting it to PRE makes the amp REALLY tight!) and cabinets to act like the IR loader. All effects work, etc... Did I just happen to stumble on doing this right the first time with my guess or is there a "proper" way to interface an external tube preamp into the KPA?

Thank you for all of the help on this thread, chaps. Very useful information provided and it answered all of my questions perfectly. It is great to see how active this community is.

I just made my very first profile using CH3 of 5150 III head into my Mesa recto 2x12 with an SM57 and am sort of scared at how close it is when flipping between reference amp and profiled amp. Like pants shittingly accurate. Good lord.

Even more amazing was taking my profile and trying different cabinets with it. This is bananas. (see what I did there with the monkey theme).

Interesting monkey banter. I was a fan of Harambe myself. R.I.P buddy.

Anywho - I did what was suggested and backed up to a USB stick and then used 7-Zip on my PC. Very easy to navigate folders and remove the cabinets. I did not even need to extract or rename or save anything since all of the cabinet removal was done "inside of the archive". I then put the stick back into my rack rig and restored - Voila, the 70 cabs I no longer want are gone and everything seems all systems GO.

Curiously, in case I accidentally fubar my machine, what is the actual full blown FACTORY RESTORE command on the Kemper rack? I just bought mine on Tuesday 9/26 so I am still a total noob at this thing but after 5 days I am pretty well in love with this thing.

I used Cab Maker and converted a lot of cabinet IR's. After they were converted I copied them to a USB stick and did import from the rack.

I have about 80 cabinets in my kemper rack and want to delete 70 of them.

How can I batch delete them?

Thanks in advance.

Thread Author: I just bought my KPA rack on Tuesday 9/26 so I'm still a total newbie. I am currently using a real Maxon OD-9 pedal in front with very pleasing results. If you have any "real" pedals lying about, experiment with those guys.