Posts by szykman

And since I'm currently recording the next album, I have some fresh clips from the recording sessions :) Raw mix for now. Once all recording is done, it's time to start mixing it!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

awesome, which profiles did you use? anyway well done i liked a lot!

2001 - 2004, Peavey Transtube Bandit 112 (yay!), which recorded surprisingly well for a cheap transistor combo!

Welcome, i had one of these Peaveys in 1992 and was really solid rock, that time i was young and wanted a marshall
    almost got another peavey but now with kemper i got very good and similar tones even better than i expected...

I'm finding that sometimes my powered toaster doesn't give me the hairy zizzle womp through a traditional speaker cab like my amps do for high gain.

So I've been adding a recti shaper in either the X or mod slot and it seems to be doing the trick!

I only set the gain in the recti shaper at about 0.3 - 0.9 and the volume no more than a +1 if at all. Hope this helps and cheers to those that already do! :thumbup:

i did that with a bit shaper, realised some profiles also did that on pre and post stack session

i really would like to know what the recti shaper, bit shaper means...or do you know if all tube amps do that sound?

Love this, awesome is humble for this song, i used to play progressive rock for many hours and this one reminds me many of then such as, blade runner songs and others, lead guitar reminds me a lot Vai, Yes, etc

so many great songs there at soundcloud, i hope as my son is growing up i will have more time to do a song too...

i am rising him apart from my ex wife and sometimes i spend a whole week or more taking care of him, and my house, and my business, and my kemper too...

sad that me and the kemper are freezing this days here is very cold

i wish i could have all this knowlodge to make a powerful backtrack such yours, congrats and keep doing that!

I put it in the "good enough" category. Just like the Kemper, if you get too analytical about it and compare it to a Boogie 2x12 (which is what I had) you will question your decision. But, for me, the benefits outweigh the detriments. The Boogie weighs a million pounds, is totally non-ergonomic compared to the FRFR, and doesn't work with studio profiles (or at least doesn't sound as good.)

I bought the Alto TS312 first and then the Headrush.

One thing that I didn't anticipate is the extra cables I would need. My Kemper bag is getting pretty heavy now. It contains the powered lunchbox, remote, remote cable, 2 moog expression pedals, 2 tsr cables, guitar cable, 3 power cables (1 for kemper, 2 for speakers,) extension cord and a little surge suppressor. I'm working on trying to get the weight down and the setup streamlined. One of the reasons I bought the Kemper was because I envisioned a super-fast setup on stage.

Hi

nice to share your impressions here

hope you can manage to do it well on carrying your gear

kind regards,
    Claudio

I get the general impression that they sound similar. Massive price difference though. I would have save £1,000 by getting a loadbox. Could have got a new head and a load box, for the price I paid. I'll probably annoy many people by saying this, but I do feel I paid too much for the Kemper, considering the results I'm getting.

you may sell your kemper and get the loadbox and new head, even losing some money you earned experience that nobody could tell you how it would had been...

hi There

have you tested other profiles?

i know may sound silly but following is a list with some of my fav profiles (all free):

TAPP IRATUS D
    TH - Mars CM800KK A
    Al Bombed!
    CHP - Mars CM2000
    CHP - Mars CM800kk 12
    SinMix 5150 OlaEn
    MB - 13LDW 30 2.2
    MB - Victor V502 6
    MARSHALL 6100 - SinMix
    EA 5150 S B CreamBack
    TAF - RIVERA K1+ Lead 2
    Friedman ButterSlax C
    6505_004 NV 1 - Kosten
    Soul Dano Overdrive - Kemper

if you may try that ones you can tell us if they sound good or not, please consider your monitors quality, did you tried something like Positive Grid to check if they sound good with your speakers? you will compare to your kemper in your home, just download a demo...

regards
    Claudio

Here in my place is very cold, the studio is on a terrace that i closed to became a room

so i have two 10 meters cables at the roof, one is sending the input straight to the kemper at the studio desk and the other is bringing the headphones to my living room near to the fire place

was just thinking on getting a small FRFR box with active power system (mine is unpowered kemper rack) and found this one, i am looking to buy another one and make a stereo system (it is already stereo but the box is very compact)

powefull great sound, the amp from this little thing has bias, gateway and can automatically enter on stand by on and off depending of your playing so it is super quite and convenient

any small buzz is removed by this gate

the drivers are titanium and are huge magnets at the 5 speakers...

i can use kemper anywere now and with a professional monitor sound (the bass sound a bit digital due to the 4 inches sub woofer with the outrage huge magnet)

awesome to play videgames too : )

These chorus reminds me the Rockman stereo chorus from XP100 and it is very cool

i have a Neo Clone from EHX and it is very clear sounding and also the rotovibe from dunlop can do good sounds

in the rig manager there is some clear rockman and rockman sustainor presets with very good chorus within...

You can select multiple buttons simultaneously for more variety on this one, plus it's a third cheaper then the DC-2. It's not quite the same as the original but it'd do for now. I think I would still buy the Boss if I really wanted one. Apparently its a tone sucker so you'd want to run it through a true bypass single loop pedal to engage/disengage.

I have a CE-2 that I haven't used in ages. I spilled beer on it years ago and then it was buggin' out! I'll dig it out and see if it works still haha :/

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

cool video, some moments seems like a chorus + flanger (both analog) awesome effects from very old pedals that still very usable nowadays

In your dream did Kemper scared you?

or was it just another good dream?

anyway i think that maintenance is fine if you are at USA or Europe,

in other places you need to ship it to a kemper partner near to your country

you have 3 years of full warranty, i do not know any other like that.

they are real people as usual and not a large company that you cannot have access to it...

When i use the ToastMe editor and keeping and eye at the output and input midi monitors or using midi OX, i could realise that CC's are constant being transmitted, it is part of natural midi protocol, sometimes when i use many midi devices merged in kempers midi input, i need to step two or three times at a midi stomp to change a CC if the flux is very intense caming from other devices such as your midi interface, other racks, etc..

There is a little "M" in your display near to the gain? maybe you turned morph on?

morph can cause your gain to go up or down if you have it to that function...

Hello

in the output menu, there is a parameter named SPACE and it is just a small room reverb to add ambience to the headphones

that effect makes hearing throught headphone much more pleasent in my opinion

have a nice weekend
    Claudio