Posts by szykman

It's called true temperament frets. The idea is that the microtuned frets allow for better intonation and note definition. They're surprising easy to play, not much difference from a regular fretboard when you try one.

Hoo hoo, the Herman Li guitar. Yes, countries like South Korea and Indonesia now make amazing, affordably priced instruments! I am always surprised by how good they feel and the quality of the workmanship.

What I meant is, don't be deceived by brand names. I find sometimes that very expensive instruments don't justify the price tag. Heck, they seldom do. For example, I've heard so much about expensive Gibsons that just let their buyers down due to buzzy G strings and poor playability.

Thanks for the information regarding the frets, i am really curious about that and will check this on youtube and internet as soon as i got some time

The Herman Li guitar called my attention not only because is really well finished (price is not a bargain 850 USD) but also it has the same body as the Ibanez Frank Gambale that i have a hand made one since almost 30 years now...

it is a very skiny body and really confortable to play in a stand position

I have the exact opposite experience with Indonesian and Korean guitars. Every single Ibanez Premium I’ve ever tried has had some shoddy craftsmanship showing in the finish, wood joins or similar. My South Korean Legator also has a couple of aesthetic flaws due to shoddy work. I really think it depends on the QC of the parent company. I couldn’t imagine PRS letting some of the flaws I’ve seen out to retail, though I’ve never tried an SE.

yes maybe this particular model that i tried on that store was a special building and they put more effort on that Egen 8 than the other models you just mentioned

Talking about basses and Indonesia … have a look at the incredible Sire Marcus Miller basses. Plenty of boom for the buck. ;)

cool tip

here at Brazil we have the Tagima factory that is manufacturing very good instruments and we have for around 30 years other brands such as condor, eagle, golden, some of this brands are produced here and at Korea and they are not bad for the cheap price... nothing compared to Sire Marcus Miller basses that like the Engen8 is only cheap compared with high priced products... here a cheap strat guitar may cost 100 usd...

there is also a custom pickups store here called Malagoli

BTW this one is expensive and seems to have very special pickups, the finishing is similar to the Egen8 but cannot be imported here due to the price (limit to mail importing here is 3000 usd)

http://www.charvel.com/guitars…aple-fingerboard-natural/

although here i could found many old japanese Charvel models for a bargain price... and some other newer Charvels for a regular price that is not even close to the Guthrie one

The Strandbergs are apparently awesome. Someone posted pics of theirs a while back in the latest guitar thread. Chase Bliss make wicked pedals but I don't think you need it with the KPA since, especially we already have so many delay options within. :thumbup:

Yes that was exactly what i thought, kemper delays are very good and i got no need for another delay pedal for sure

Thanks for you comment i really appreciate that

i would definatly try it before buy but was not my intention to acquire that guitar, was just to know more about that strange frets that it has... seems futuristic and pretty odd

Regarding to the indonesian or korean manufactures i recently checked an Ibanez Egen8 here and i became very impressive with the quality of the building, i know is not the best wood and pickups and bridge but was very well finished, very confortable to play, the entry price is not super expensive however despite the good looking you can find better guitars for the same price range...

maybe space parameter, under output there is an one called "space" can be added to headphones only if you want and it is to give a little reverb feeling that helps indeed to add the "space" over the headphone

i played sometimes in my headphone 250ohms like yours and sounds ok for some profiles and not for others, fact is that over headphones sounds like if monitor cab is off, i think that is because headphones are real FRFR so they can sound more complete and different than regular studio monitors

i personally only enjoy my kemper properly when played over 12 inches speakers (stereo in fact) then it rules

but my recordings and studies over headphones and studio monitors are sounding very good too...

Most of the time my kemper can reproduce a perfect 100% tube amp sound, but there is a correct level to play, the amount of gain had much influence on this and the guitar too as well as the cab and speakers...

using some Dimarzio super distortion or Blaze pickups you can get a good screaming sound

anyway what is missing should be the multiple stages of distortion or the transient that cannot be profiled yet but maybe kemper will be able to profile it in further OS versions

i think that this "missing" is more for tube amp sound than high gain or clean sounds (for me kemper hi-gain profiles and clean profiles sounds really 100%)

i told that before, after 30 minutes playing with a Tube Drive profile you cannot distinguish the difference, your ears start to hear everything equally.

did you tried using your kemper with a pair of good headphones?

i personally prefer my kemper sounding throught 12 inches speakers or at least 10 inches

studio monitors usually have smaller speakers and maybe that is why you did not found the tone

you may like to test then with "monitor cabs on and off"

i tested all my profiles that i play with using many different settings and found amazing tones...

hope you will get there too, i would ask you to have paitence and you will dominate your kemper soon but you have it

since 2 years so maybe contact support and provide some audio samples will help other experienced users to help you better

i like the actual design of Toast Me...
    i know much can be better but must be some other graphic design in here to help without having to pay or spend with this.. money is for beer time...

i worked many years ago as a designer and today i have no time otherwise i would promptly help with improving the graphics, but it is not a must according to my view.

i think that Damian should create a new user simple like that, maybe moderators do think he already did that and that is why they just ban and do not look back, i work nowadays at a web hosting server and we have our own terms and ways, sometimes when a user got a virus we disable him and will not make his account up again until he sent an email asking kindly and stating that he will be clean of virus and using a strong password...

I would advise to try during the research on this place you will perform, test some multiple profiles that you like

darker ones, brighter ones, cleans, high gains

then choose the ones that are close to your studio or cabinet sound that you need

after this you may have several EQ ways to reach the tone since the speakers are not yours sound will vary

the amplifier or PA equalizator or the Cabinet Character parameter of your kemper will help you with this

also check your sound level, may vary so you can lock a boost of your preference at some Slot and engage it whenever you need...

that is how i think you can reach awesome tube tone with kemper

If it is hardware related and the LED's are gone then I'd suggest sending an email to support. Who needs LED's LOL, just kidding! ;)

Not sure about adjusting intensity, sorry Claudio!

yes seems to be hardware related , i will do as you said just, maybe there is a way to check the leds, kind of screen test or something like it, thank you!

Hi

my Kempers has 6 months and it seems to have 3 dead leds, slot C, X and output leds are not working

should i decrease the leds bright, can it cause this issue, i was using 8 for the leds intensity but i do not know how and neither when that happened....

leds are not important to use the kemper but i am afraid of losing more leds...

thank you
    Claudio

Hi,
    you mean, placing the looper to "post" position in order to change the rig and having the loop with the original looped tone sound?

for this you need to go at System Menu, at the last pages you will see grayed the Kpa Remote options, there at the right upper corner of the lcd you have
    Looper "pre" than you switch the knob to "post" and even grayed you can change it...

hope you can have fun with it!
    best regards
    Claudio

^
    All third party profiles (commercial and stock profiles) sounded inferior to my own profiles of my own Amps regardless of how good the third party profiles are. This actually is supported by the fact that the most impressive clips or videos I've heard, were a result of someone profiling their own gear and playing it using the same guitar or guitars. This leads me to believe that Profiling the actual gain knob of the actual amp and getting similar tone stacks will make the difference less so when Profiles are shared, you still get a sound that is much closer to what you hear in the third party clips.

I think that this is more related to the cabinet than the guitar... Cool idea the gain knob profiling... maybe it will help.