Posts by Speedobreedo

Hi all
    I found this thread from last year but the link doesn't work. Any ideas?

Beatles "Revolution" Redd 47 DI

Oct 7th 2016+4
    I used my Dizengoff D4 clone of The Beatles Redd 47 console preamps to capture the tone of the guitar from "Revolution." I am sharing that and one with the gain turned up a bit extra just for fun. It's an awesome sound!!! Pure EF86 bliss! I have tried this with other preamps and they just don't come close. There is something about that Redd 47 circuit that lends itself incredibly well to overdriven DI guitar! The Beatles captured a bit of magic.

Try pairing it with a cab too. It has SUCH a cool sound as a preamp section paired with a cab! Get creative and enjoy!

Files

• Redd 47.zip(5.97 kB, downloaded 71 times, last: Monday, 7:33am)

Thanks for the messages so far. Early Beatles sounds are easy to achieve with a Vox AC30 rig but the overdriven board from Abbey Road is a lot harder. Probably need something like a good fuzz rig to achieve it. I'll keep trying

Hi
    New user here and gradually getting to know this wonderful machine. I'm wondering if there is a rig out there that captures the Beatles "Revolution" sound. I saw a promising thread from a user last year but was not able to access it for some reason. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks