Posts by Watt McCo

Clip of one of the direct profiles using one of Dead_Pan's Gold IRs:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Posted about 20 direct profiles of a Lonestar Special head to the Rig Excahnge yesterday. Search for Watt McCo as author.

I captured them via the main speaker out into a Behringer Ultra-DI 1600P going thru to an open back 1x12 cab and going XLR out directly into the Kemper.

Would love to get feedback from anyone that tries them out. Unfortunately I only had the amp for two days so didn't quite get everything dialed in to perfection, but they seem quite useable nonetheless to me.

Currently play an Atomic Amplifirebox through a 1x12" guitar cab. Have previously owned AA3 and Helix, and use a lot of plugin sims. All of this is to say, I'm quite familiar with modeling using both FRFR.and poweramp to traditional guitar cab. My main interest would be running Kemper into a guitar cab more so than FRFR and/or recording.

Questions:

(1) does going into a cab make the process of finding a good profile easier? I get you still need to find a profile where the amp is dialed in a way that works with your guitar/pedals and your cab, but at least you've taken the cab and mic out of the equation.

(2) my understanding is that any profile can be used with cab disabled, even those that were captured as a studio profile, not just with direct/merged profiles. My understanding correct?

(3). My interests lie in clean-to-low/mid-gain profiles, with greatest emphasis on Fender amps, secondary interest in various el-84/vox-ish amps. I went on a rig exchange bender earlier today and on one hand -AWESOME. On the other - I expected like a million Deluxe reverb profiles? Am I searching wrong? Is there a spot other than the rig exchange where such profiles can be found for free? I get that paid profiles are absolutely the way to go and one should not buy a KPA with the attitude that you should be able to find all your profile needs for free, just trying to make sure I understand the lay-of-the land on terms of where I should be looking for the kinds of profiles I am interested in.

Thanks for any tips you can provide!!