Posts by docmidnite

I use in-ear-monitoring so I feed my Behringer XAir 18 with a master stereo single, of course using both l/r xlr outputs.
    From the XAir I go stereo into th PM-16 module and from tehre stereo in my in-ears.
    When we don´t have a FOH we use the XAir as the main mixer so I go stereo into the FOH speakers.
    If we have a dedicated FOH I feed it also stereo from a patch cable out of the Xair...

In short: I go stereo :)

Hi guys,
    I finally had the opportunity to swap/trade my AXE Fx II to the Kemper Rack (incl. the Remote) :D:thumbup:
    So now I have a Camper-powered Toaster for live use and the rack version in my homestudio... and yes, I feel privileged and I´m happy! :thumbup::thumbup:

I want to prepare my live rigs in the rack version at home and transfer it into my Toaster.
    Do I use a data stick then and just insert it in the USB slot??

All I do is reduce the volume of the YouTube video, and then turn up the speakers.

That way the volume of the Kemper in relation to the YouTube video is louder. There is probably a better way to do it like the mixer method above, but this works for me.

That´s how I do it!
    I just thought there´d be some kind of a magic trick... ^^

Hey guys,
    Now that I have the rack version hooked up I deal with some trouble in the sense of setting the output level.
    Right now I use the xlr Main out, briefly I will switch to s/pdif.
    The Main out is at 12.6db and I dial in the level of my interface so that red lightning almost doesn't appear,ok?
    Sometimes I want to have a rig a tad louder while noodling to a YouTube video for instance. When I turn up the rig volume I get clipping which is quite obvious since I drive my interface harder.
    Any ideas how to set the levels so that I can adjust them without causing clipping?

This is what I did: I purchased a used Toaster a few months ago.
    Right this week, Monday, I traded my Axe Fx , Mark I incl. the MFC 101 Mark II Footswitch with a Kemper Rack incl. the remote. So I found a guy who wanted an Axe Fx, I wanted another Kemper for my homestudio so I don't have to mess around with cables etc. so we just switched our stuff.
    I had the Axe Fx for a couple of years and I recorded over 300 Songs with it, different genres, different artists and I still love it and it sounds awesome. Now I have an easy to use solution for both live and studio

update:
    Now, a few weeks later I wanted to share my experiences with my new toy:

After dialing in my tone/sounds by going through all the rigs that came
    with it + newly purchased commercial rigs (by Guidorist, MBritt, GoT) on
    headphones I went to my rehearsal room to check them with my 1x12
    cabinet (Celestion Gold). Me and my fellow guitarist did some
    comparisson (KPA vs real Amp, in this case a Fender Princeton).

First of all: Yes, the real amp "behaves" and sounds different. Period!
    Is this conclusion important to me? Nope, not at all.
    The sounds and feel I get from the KPA is just great and fullfills my
    needs, that are having different amps available with a flick of a switch
    (on my Remote) and all sound great.

Next was 2 rehearsals with 2 different bands, mostly classic rock/soul stuff, covers only:
    Both went great, the second was extraordinary cool, all members loved my sound(s)!!!
    Then it was time for stage!
    1. the transportation and setup on stage was a blast, no 4cm, no 1000s of cables ect...
    2. Setting up my inear delivered (almost) the sound as you would expect by using headphones
    3. I never sounded better, my tones cut through... great!

What I learned: Yes, there´s some fine-tuning to do for sure. Maily volume adjustments
    I will programm dedicated rigs for each of my guitars, maily LP, Strat and Tele
    I will also programm some rigs dedicated to specific songs (e.g. Hotel California and a few others)

I will keep my analog stuff for a while but chances are big that I may never return to it!
    Due to the so so easy dialing-in compared to my Axe FX II I plan on
    selling it and purchasing a rack version KPA for my home studio...

update:
    Now, a few weeks later I wanted to share my experiences with my new toy:

After dialing in my tone/sounds by going through all the rigs that came with it + newly purchased commercial rigs (by Guidorist, MBritt, GoT) on headphones I went to my rehearsal room to check them with my 1x12 cabinet (Celestion Gold). Me and my fellow guitarist did some comparisson (KPA vs real Amp, in this case a Fender Princeton).

First of all: Yes, the real amp "behaves" and sounds different. Period!
    Is this conclusion important to me? Nope, not at all.
    The sounds and feel I get from the KPA is just great and fullfills my needs, that are having different amps available with a flick of a switch (on my Remote) and all sound great.

Next was 2 rehearsals with 2 different bands, mostly classic rock/soul stuff, covers only:
    Both went great, the second was extraordinary cool, all members loved my sound(s)!!!
    Then it was time for stage!
    1. the transportation and setup on stage was a blast, no 4cm, no 1000s of cables ect...
    2. Setting up my inear delivered (almost) the sound as you would expect by using headphones
    3. I never sounded better, my tones cut through... great!

What I learned: Yes, there´s some fine-tuning to do for sure. Maily volume adjustments
    I will programm dedicated rigs for each of my guitars, maily LP, Strat and Tele
    I will also programm some rigs dedicated to specific songs (e.g. Hotel California and a few others)

I will keep my analog stuff for a while but chances are big that I may never return to it!
    Due to the so so easy dialing-in compared to my Axe FX II I plan on selling it and purchasing a rack version KPA for my home studio...

It's hard theses days finding some music that really kicks me, like bands/music did while getting adult in some way... :P
    BUT over the last years I found some music that touched me, though...

Fall out boy and their totally underrated monster album "Folie a deux"
    The Intersphere
    The Brother Strut
    Brad Paisley

In the meantime I checked out Paul David and Steve Stine and have to confess I also have seen videos of both of them (without recognizing their names really :S ) and both are also great teachers and players as well!

I think, one will pick the teacher who serves their needs best and since there are alot of them out there one will find his/her teacher!
    But, by the end of the day, getting better as a player is not the teacher, it´s the amount of practicing you do, me thinks :)