Posts by Tramp1

I have had my powered KPA for two months now and am still really digging it. I will soon be living in an apartment out of town for a few months and bought the Kemper for use with headphones, though I have since picked up a Xitone passive 1x12 cab.

I love the KPA through my headphones (Sennheiser HD 280 Pro 64 ohms) as well as through the Xitone cab, but find there's a fairly substantial difference in tone, with the headphones giving more apparent gain and more treble detail than the cab (even with the tweeter on). This coming week, I am hoping to use the KPA to lay down a few lead overdubs in pro-level studio.

So a few questions for those of you with more experience than I:

• Would a different set of cans or different speaker help minimize the difference between the two modalities? If so, which?
    • If, as I suspect, the physical properties of sound transmission suggest there will always be a difference between running through headphones and a FRFR speaker, what strategies do you use (short of creating two distinct rigs) to minimize this?
    • Where can I expect the signal to come out on this continuum when I connect (as I believe is best) to the studio's deck running Pro Tools through the s/pdif out?

Obviously, I'd love to hear from folks who've worked with these particular units, but am very much open to hearing about how you have minimized similar transition issues.

Thanks for your help!

Nightlight's thread in another forum here suggests that many Kemper power users, of which I am not yet one, have a small handful of profiles that they use on a regular basis. This is increasingly making sense to me. I've not yet used my KPA live and am doing my first recording session with it next week, so this list will certainly change, but here's my first pass at a handful:

rmpacheco 2011 Morgan AC20
    M Britt Magnet TwiLight 5
    M Britt Match Chief 1 3
    M Britt Voice A30CC 1
    Hays Wylde Bassmn E & I
    Dr. Z Z-Lux 3

Would love to see others' lists!

I've made a lot of great discoveries thanks to this thread--the Hays AC15, Silver Bassman and Wylde Bassman most notably--and am bumping the thread for more good leads.

Just tried the trick of holding the rig button through boot up. It worked for a moment, then everything got scrambled again. That and a couple of other frustrations have me thinking that editing performances then saving them to the browse pool is just asking for trouble. I'm back to tweaking in Browse mode, unless someone has a better idea.

Why doesn't this retain the memory setting . I set it up to single rig and always goes back to group of 5

I have the same issue. Scrolling through Browse mode is especially useful for new owners like me fine tuning their chosen rigs. I love the KPA but this one is a headscratcher.