Posts by Alienator

In my opinion the amp still sounds better..

Yes... though they were both really good imo. QC is as good as others but not any better, I would say. The real thing should always be somehow closer to itself. A simulation that is supposed to be "better" than the original is a contradiction and therefore cannot exist.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Any more rumours about when the powered kab will be released? I’m guessing due to the pandemic that their schedule is out the window. Tired of waiting ?

Don't wait. Just don't wait with Kemper ^^. It will be awesome when it will come but for now buy the Kone and small class D unit. My guts say 2022, don't ask why :D.

Like Christoph Kemper for me is THE genius of the digital guitar tone, the King of the analog world IMHO is Thomas Blug. In this video Thomas talks about his next level "Amp1" - the "Amp X". The interesting part begins at 39:00. I must say that I am way more excited about this new product that I ever could be about the Quad Cortex (although, yes, it also has a very good concept).

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Nice feature to have, if you use a WS anyway. Also something for Kemper II ?

Did you try connecting with a shorter cable directly to the Profiler instead of using the remote? That should do better. A short cable (30 cm) directly into my Stage works fine. I used to have same issues with my remote and my KPA head. I personally could not find a way to resolve this with the pedals connected to the remote. That way it was always slower... but maybe others made different experiences.

Ok, here is what happened, in case this happens to anybody else: I forgot that I updated this stage to the latest FW only about 10 days ago or so and did not touch it until yesterday. Before testing it in the rehearsal room, as I said above, I unplugged the volume pedal but this should not have played any role in this issue.

I´ve just found that (after the update) not only the volume pedal position was randomly moved in many slots (not in all and now this IS strange to the bone!) to different positions - from post stack where I always place it in this setlist to input or pre position. This caused one of the problems with loudness and different sounds. Another thing is that the midi settings were messed up plus the midi clock was activated again, which causes the Kemper to regularly freeze (known issue). I thought the reistalling of my backup should have restored everything again but nope. Here we go. I´m talking about my U2 setlist with 45 songs and about 3-5 slots each. I wish myself fun with cleaning up this mess and reinstalling the FX changes I´v done yesterday without backing them up.

Dang.

Ok this is totally weird. All of a sudden the sounds of my setlist (slots within performances) sound different without me having done anything special. After having adjusted my setlist´s fx a little bit I went to rehearsal room, yesterday and connected my stage to the PA as I always do. I noticed something weird: some of the slots within my performances not only sounded different than they did (they have less gain) but they are much louder. I haven´t touched anything EQwise or volume wise and cannot think of anything else that could have caused this. Also the overall sound was different in a bad way. Muffled, lower in volume and just awkward...

I checked all the paramenters and loudness stuff but have not found anything strange. I can remember this was an issue with some older FW that had caused such an issue. But I haven´t updated anything before this. I even loaded up an older backup but the issue remains. Does anybody know what I am talking about or have had a similar issue? The stage has the latest FW.

I just wonder why you don't go out and buy the Axe III Fx?

Because in 80% of my playing I use simple chains that I love. U2 is only a small part of what I do and I find my Kempers' overall tone and ease of use much better. Yes, Kemper can also handle my U2 stuff but sometimes it is limited and you have to find compromises for some songs and their patch live organising and that is where more power and more complex chain possibilities would come in handy. This is not enough to get an Axe FX and not enough to not wish for a Kemper II.

Aha - I knew I knew it, I as thinking v-amp or pod. The v-amp was blue though. I used to have a bean - obviously the Edge has the professional version :)

Actually it is a Pod Pro, yes. And he only used one drive effect from it live for the song „Vertigo“. That’s it, as far as I know. He (well, also Dallas Shoo) also replicates such things with his fractal stuff, nowadays, but if he wants to he does whatever he wants with his older and newer gear, who knows after all. I know somebody who also replicated that exact POD Pro drive with his AxeII, very well, for that particular song.

Edge is a collector of gear and he looks for the one good thing a peace of gear can do. He then uses this one perfect thing for his chain and ignores the 1000 other things that unit maybe could also do. He is so picky with every single aspect and impact of an effect and he hears things no mortal would ever hear but these things matter to him. In an average concert (60.000 people) he uses about 18-20 different guitars with each guitar having individual tone and volume knob settings, strings, tuning and magnet height - only to stress one or two single strings a little more in his overall tone (!!!) only for that particular song! This approach is the most extreme there is out there but this is The Edge. He knows gear and he knows sound. And yes, he has a lot of people who carry his stuff for him and Dallas Shoo adjusting everything for him. To say that somebody who loves Edge’s sound eill ever reach exactly what Edge does with only similar guitars and different gear is wishful thinking, of course. Even if you are happy with your personal Edge sound, you never ever stop wanting and trying to get closer and closer (not to mention that Edge himself sounds differently over the years or at different concerts). That’s what musicians do, never stop experimenting (well many of us, at least), trying new gear and dedicating their time and passion to what they love. One thing IMHO is sure: it does not seem that the Edge will ever use a Kemper as long as his amps are being carried for him.

So, „We“ need a Kemper II even if it is just for fun and for the economic well being of the company. If others do not „need“ a Kemper II, then yaaay. All is so good. Why on earth are there people who try to convince me that I don’t „need“ a Kemper II? A Kemper II will definitely come at some point of time. I am sure CK will pick the right point in time. Until then, yes, I am so happy with my personal Edge sound that comes from My U2 board with only a Kemper Stage and an HX Stomp on it. This does not mean that I ever stopped experimenting and tweaking around with that rig since I built it. Or that I won't buy or exchange new stuff like the QC for only that The Edge Board. That's what The Edge himself would do :D. Maybe a Kemper II will be that good that even The Edge will not need his amps any more. 8o