Posts by Alienator

I actually thought it paled in comparison to the recording he played at the beginning of the clip. It sounded ok to me, nothing more.

I immediately felt like they were basically per se identical tones - with the first one having much more brightness or highs or going through different speakers or simply using different eqs... :/. Of course I can be totally wrong without testing it myself. Telling goodness or badbess just through phone speakers is nonsense, of course. Cannot wait to hear more examples.

he posted a short chimey AC30 clip to Instagram today which sounded fantastic.

If it is a modelled AC30 then, yes, it passed the test. Even if it is a capture is sounds pleasing and full to me (admittedly in this case only through the spakers of my phone :D).

(...man, this thread has the strongest legs in history...)

I don't want to introduce myself but I thought this to be the best corner to just express my many thanks to the Kemper team and the unbelievably cool support I received last year! I've been having freezing issues with one of my stages and the support team have been patiently helping me and my hysteria out (special thanks to Peter!) and we are still watching out to completely remove that midi bug.

I want to wish all the Kemper team, every single one in the community and your beloved ones a happy, healthy and rocking new year! Hopefully with much more gigging freedom than in the last.

Well, such can happen if you create a corner with "other gear", dear Kemper team, no wonder. I would say the conversation was cool but, yes, enough is enough.

Being cynical is certainly necessary when purchasing. But at the same time you have a bias, as you have already decided you'd rather have a Helix or Kemper over a unit you've never heard or played.

I'll receive my pre-order whilst I keep my brilliant Kemper, if it sounds/feels as good or better then happy days. If it sounds even slightly worse than a Kemper its going back - even if the UI and functionality is ace.

Please keep us informed after you've tested it!

Actually a main point they talk about in the video is not sound but "feel" or that "low mid speaker interaction growl - kind of thing". Something that makes only the player happy but nobody can hear. According to Rabea the QC is a new milestone in this respect. Let's wait and see...

I don't see what 'bomb' they could - or even need - to drop. CK has said more than once that their profiling tech is about as advanced and as optimized as they can make it.

"Not seeing" means not needing it or not having noticed a hidden need. The Ford T model was a finished thing, it was the best car technology of its time and even today it would get you from A to B, perfectly - if transport from A to B as that T model was able to do is the only thing you expect from a car. Guitar related forums of this planet are full of things guitarists (I understand that you are not one of them) "expect" from THE perfect all n one multi fx and amp modelling floor unit in the year 2021. Maybe you just have not noticed other guitarists wishes and requests that should be implemented into a Kemper II. And yes, I undestand that "transport" and "guitar rigs, fx and work flows are" as if comparing the North Pole to a chair but I think youv get the point. CK said, that he cannot make THIS generation better. Like you cannot make the T model better.

That being said, yes, the amp tone of a Kemper itself is until now the best. And yes, the unit has proven to be a rabbit hole regarding tone, it has been getting better. But we are talking not only about tone.

External Content www.instagram.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Depending on how big your feet are, it seems that you can push all the switches at once. On stage I drink beer. Should become funny near the last parts of a gig.

I have to say, communication from Neural has been utter crap. Certainly left a very sour taste in my mouth.

Yes, definitely. But I would add, as a new company they deserve a true chance to prove themselves. I wonder how Kemper handled everything 9 years ago with the introduction of the Toaster and if everything was perfect from A to Z. I wasn`t around till 2007 when everything was rolling perfectly.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Don't know, of course I'll better wait for "real" reviews but I expect this to be impressive for Kemper users. The least.

from their website: “Preset changing will incur in the inevitable, familiar gap. You can use Scene and Stomp modes to change the sounds while maintaining delay trails without any crossfade/gaps.

It doesn’t say here how long that gap is. They talked about the gap in a very long livecast video during its development, that I had found on YouTube. Definitely not spillover. So it defeats the assumption that this thing has gobs of untapped DSP. It does in a sense, but reserves it for within presets by giving you four amps and cabs and ridiculous amount of effects to go with them. So even if the gap is super short there’s still no spill over and even though I don’t always need spill over in the middle of songs, I need it enough that in general I have to organize around that common need, hence trying to (in general) cram everything thing I need for a song within one preset.

"Maintaing Trails" = "Spillover"

I change presets (rigs) between songs. That's what the Kemper Performance is for. So you have instant access and spillover between five completely independent rigs.

A performance has 5 slots that can be seen as snapshots (Helix) or scenes (fractal). Yes, spillover is needed and possible within these 5 slots/snapshots/scenes. The Helix has more than 5 (8 or more, depending on how many switches you program to be snapshot switches). So do fractal devices. You can write it down: the QC will also have scene mode with more than 5 scenes where spillover will be possible.

I can't imagine the "most powerful floor unit" in all the known universes and on flat earth having such a long gap. But if so there still are scenes / snapshots to not have to deal with preset change gaps. I mean, who changes real presets within songs? This is what scenes are for.

Man....the word count alone......

If you’d bother to read the comment in-context, you’d see I was being *very* specific with it.

Admittedly a little exaggerated but also you get the point.

To return to topic again: my whole point maybe was that a Kemper mini makes a lot of sense for me but I am torn between saying I want it immediately with this generation (parts should be already small enough (?) to put them into a smaller green box) or to better say no, from a business point of view it makes no sense to NOT put all the extra money, research and efforts into the next generation instead of messing with the (although successful) past generation. Competitors do not sleep but Kemper, I guess, also does not. We will see, spoke the blind.