Posts by Alienator

All right, the Hotone Loudster has arrived and so far I am happy and can clearly recommend it. It is powerful, soundwise neutral and really not expensive! Right now I am satisfied and I don't see a need to compare it to something like the bam200 but maybe in the future (after a longer test under several conditions), who knows. But for now I will keep my small rig as it is: Stage-Loudster-Kone (and nothing more).

check out the TCBAM 200. Quite a few of us on here are using that with great results, i got mine for around £100

Interesting. I haven't considered this, yet, because it says it is a dedicated bass amp. Maybe an AB comparison with the Loudster will bring more light. I'll think about it and if I order both for comparison I'll come back to share.

Has anybody here tried the Hotone Loudster? It does not provide that amount of power as the other solutions presented (70W, I think) but at about 140 Euros it seems to be the cheapest class D solution that isn't necessarily bad.

Yes, I'm growing increasing frustrated with the lackluster pedals. At this point I'll probably have to mount this thing to a pedalboard and use an external Fulldrive (which sorta works OK with the stage) but that drives me crazy. Not a cheap purchase by any stretch and I can't believe the pedals are this bad.

I went from few to many external pedals to none at the moment. But I always really thought that the Kemper took external drives quite well. At the moment I only use the Kemper's internal boost which for me is very cool (I purchased the latest MB 2020 pack and put a pure boost in front of the 68 Plexi. This is the best only-Kempee-tone and feel I've ever had, honestly. Sometimes I add a little of the quite usable green scream but only for solos).

What is it exactly that you want to achieve? IMHO, and for my purposes, the best way to change / improve / individualise / etc. your tone is by boosting and deep EQing, not by mere exchanging different drives and leaving the rest to coincidence. I think it is better to exactly think about what you want to achieve and focus on the exact parameters. Tone Junkie put out a video recently that shows what this means exactly (title was something like "how to improve every kemper profile", I really recommend everybody to watch it). Yes, this may seem a little off topic but it isn't, I think because we still talk about tone, boosting, drive and frequencies when we talk about "more drives". Of course new and better drives/stomps models would be nice (I am waiting myself and they already should have come out long time ago!!!) but you can get very far by only using amps, EQs and boosts, imho. Yes, it is not the same as what the orininal post suggested (which is cool, if I understood it correctly at first place) but you get the idea.

Nice idea. Another unit to add to the next generation of a Kemper 2. Here is the list, from those voices inside my head:

Head

Rack

Stage

MiniKemper (!!!)

Kemper FX (!!!)

Plugins

External mini Power Amp

2×12 Cabinets

Everything with the worlds best UIs, of course. I can see myself use everything from this list.

After the Guitar for me the importance of a good sound is 90% Amp (simulation) and then 10% Effects. But that's just my humble opinion ;)

And that's why I'm hoping that Kemper will create a small unit maybe wihtout the profiling funcion. I would buy it !!

I am so emotional about such a Mini Kemper. Yes, you are right, I think this is why we all use Kempers. I don´t use anything else, any more. Good amp sound is key to everything, of course. But also, as you mentioned, everything is so individual and depends on what kind of music or applications you want to use gear for. On the other hand boosts and drives are such an essential part of amps and "sound" since the beginning of Rock music. Many use them all the time. And as there has also been said above: try to recreate the sounds of U2, Pink Floyd or other great bands without great boosts, drives and FX. As an all in one unit in the year 2020, I do not feel like I have to even lose one word about having boosts, drives and FX in best quality in an all in one unit (some would maybe also add: "with the best user interface") in the universe. I don´t think it matters if you need everything all the time. That is the nature and the definition of an all in one unit. So, from many perspectives, a small Profile Player makes immediate sense until a next generation´s Kemper II in many different formats (rack, floor, head, Mini, plug-in etc.) will take care of every wish and routing and UI dream existing since the Helix.

Wow, the man that will be able to satisfy all the needs and wishes of every guitarist with only one multi-box will win the peace nobel price - and all the other existing prices in the world, too.

I, personally, would only wish for better / more drives. Yes, I want a lot more more (nothing less than a Kemper II 8o) but I'd say I can live with what I have - with such good amp tones. I use the HX Stomp in a loop anyway but I also think Kemper's green scream and some boosters are quite usable:

It wasn't until yesterday that I detected what a good result you can achieve with only the Kemper's pure boosters and the treble booster. I've never used the treble booster before, never even knew what it can do until I found a guy on YouTube who created an all in one rig that uses the treble booster for a lead tone. Sounds cool, you can check it out below (free download). It's in Italian.

Yes, it's a matter of taste (I find his tone a little too bright, but maybe I can EQ it somehow without killing what I like about it. Maybe somebody who also likes it can help me?).

What I mean is, yes, I miss some things, especially drives and some fancy stuff... but other than that I must admit that I haven't pushed the limits and abilities of all the stomps and effects, yet.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I also own an HX Stomp and it is clearly a keeper. For a different purpose, though: It has been sitting for half a year or so on one of my boards together with a stage, EXPs and some wireless stuff. Line6's drives are much superior to those of the stage, imho. Also there are some FX in the HX Stomp that are gorgeous, unique but also more than useful for recreating famous sounds. Example: In the past I searched for gear that could recreate the sound of "Mysterious Ways". Short version: Kemper can't do it. The HX Stomp has a model of the famous Korg A3 that was used in this song. Line6 amp modelling is "ok"-ish but the FX are superb! Now it becomes clear (better drives are only one aspect and it isn't only amp sound recreation that is the only aspect in an all in one multi fx unit like the Kemper) why a KemperII has been making sense for some years and a small profile player even much more.

The intent is soon, but we cannot provide a serious release date these days.

"Soon" from an official source is great news for me already! For me this means it is more than a thought. So far being patient payed off with Kemper stuff, so I'm just gonna wait without experimenting with external amps. It is good times to do... nothing but practicing guitar.

A mini profile player à la HX Stomp makes immediate sense now that with the stage we can be assured that this generation's design of the profiler will last a lot longer than anybody would have thought even a few years ago.

Would be nice to have the possibility to create an own and more clear adjustable folder structure / list in browser mode on the display... that you can rename - say by amp names - so that you only see the different profiles of a particular amp model when you want to or when you pick a certain amp from the amp list.

Or even a similar structure with columns like in the FX menu would be already helpful and be much clearer when you look for different "amps" to choose from. Hope this makes sense.