Posts by Alienator

There will still be a reason to make multiple Studio Profiles of an amplifier. Microphone choice and placement will continue to have a great influence on the sound of Good

Good point.

The mic choice, yes. But as for mic placement, I see that more like an eq, than something that is worth the effort of capturing many mic positions and putting them into one "liquid cab" ... like in the new cabs from Line6 or fractal.

But I thought you said it couldn't? Don't just "EDGE" your bets :) ...sorry took me ages to come up with that one :)

I've never used a Fractal but I think most people accept the effect options of Fractal is greater than the KPA. The question of whether that is needed for them or is at the "edge" of their needs I guess is what is subjective, unless you are saying there is something missing in the sound?

BTW - for me, "the wedge" is one of the most overrated guitarists out there...good song writer, but as a player...not for me.

Yes, the Kemper can do "it" (90% of the songs) without a help from its friends. There is a rest of songs, however, that the Kemper cannot do alone. Big examples that are always mentioned everywhere are: Mysterious Ways, All the songs that use the Korg A3 (Zooropa) and some special things like songs with that special Auto Wah or fx like the "sirene" in Vertigo.

You can either don't play those special U2 songs (about 10% ?) with your Kemper alone and concentrate on the rest which should be fine. But if you want to go all the 9 U2 yards you have to find workarounds with other units like myself. Or buy an fm9 (like me) and compromise (imho) in terms of the core sound. And THAT is it for me. The core sound of the Kemper is better (for me and only for me in this case).

I hope that was clear. No, I KNOW it was clear before, dude, but you just wanted to hear it again, that's ok :).

I think I understand how this will work.

:)

...Can't wait to find that out. For me a supposedly new (=authentic?) behaviour of the gain knob is much more exciting than that of the eq knobs (which if course is also very exciting).

But that is one band/use case. This is not something that is done in most covers. It is more of an Edge case, pun intended.

Yes but that was not the point (thanks for confirming what I said but there are a lot more examples, not only U2). The point is maybe that we tend to define facts and reality on just our own horizon, needs and experiences and claim things that we have no clue of, just because we've never experienced those needs and applications. But others who have and who also have found the solutions for themselves and for others with the same needs, know better...maybe? So: YES, we "need" good fx in an "all in one unit", CK agreed on that 12 years ago. Good that he did.

Surely The Edge requires mainly a dotted 8th delay and almost anything from a pedal to a DAW can provide that. To be fair, I'm not really playing covers though.

Well you've already answered to yourself but to make it short: no it can't. Only in theory. First of all there is much more needed than a dot8th delay. You have to know what you do, you cannot rely on changing sound guys in different venues.

Everything is a matter of taste but I would say, fes, the fx in the fm9 are "better". It is difficult to explain why, you have to listen and compare yourself. It is their "behaviour", their overall sound and their gorgeous high resolution and creamyness. The fact that you can route several effects in parallel only adds to that: try 2 delays, a reverb and a shimmer reverb (all in parallel, not interfering and affecting each other) and you will understand. You can custom tailor your sound more effectively.

Do you really "need" that? No. I still prefer the Kemper for many reasons. You can find workarounds for almost everything so that the end result sounds great.

Oh and just one more thing that has nothing to do with liquid profiling (sorry for this, only this last addition here): The moderators of this forum are very just and liberal in comparison. Kudos. Many threads in that other forum are just shut down, comments are deleted etc. if the CEO or moderators sense resistance, love for other manufacturers or a whiff of something off topic.

And now I just want to thank these guys here for this forum and the constant work. And I just can't wait for liquid profiling. I feel like I don't need anything more. And, yes, I maybe have been one of the loudest to wish for a Kemper 2, in the past.

(Btw: when will K2 be released :)?)

They already do it with defamation, shaming others and with an arrogance that is second to none. I experienced it myself in that forum. But maybe it's just me, maybe I just don't understand how primitive all other manufacturers and their users are.

All I want to add here is that I never heard CK speak in an disrespectful way of other CEOs or manufacturers. CK said there is a patent on liquid profiling. This means that Kemper was the first in whatever that code is. It is not possible that patents are registered twice. That person over there is full of... interesting ideas.

Interesting. This looks like first steps in taking free generated captures of free platforms like the NAM or Aida-X on the road with physical pedal platforms...

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It would be easy to stop this discussion by Kemper .....

I think everybody would except the answer that it's technically not makable.

At least it would be better than no statement.

Just my two cents.

They already answered (as already stated before) here:

What about this frantic TAP tempo LED?

...but guitarists have a memory like a goldfish. What's next? S.t.f.u. maybe?

(Friendly and non philosophical reminders from time to time should be ok, though)

I went soft side on pedalboard. I had to use some lacquer thinner to remove the glue stuck on my pair of scissors from cutting the Velcro roll to size.

I put the velcro in smaller strips on the looper and distortion pedal since I'll be swapping those two out regularly for two other pedals. Hey, it's only for the tube amps.

How do you route this board with the Kemper? Everything pre? Can you loop the Kemper in between?