Posts by pauloremigio

Well, I finally found a solution I'm happy with.

> I traded the Kemper for an Axe-FX3.

Don't misunderstand me.

I still believe the Kemper is a top tool with top notch sounds. The Fractal isn't better, it's different.

I just never got along with it's concept because I'm quite specific as to how I want my sounds and:

a) I can't profile them because mostly I don't have the skills/gear/etc.

b) The profiles I bought never quite sounded the way I wanted them too and they can't be tweaked past a certain point or it just starts sounding weird. That's why I struggled with it.

The Fractal's concept is way more up my alley. I build my sounds from the ground up and everything is tweakable to infinity.

All the best to all you guys, thanks to all for trying to help. Cheers!

I've been struggling with this for ages, and it has held me back from using my Kemper at home as much as I could ;(||

My powered Kemper sounds so much sweeter through an amp speaker (bypassing the cabinet section) than it does direct to the studio monitors using the cab emulations! (I use Yamanha HS7's) :rolleyes:

There's so much more harshness to the sound when using the cab emulations and the monitors, the sound is hollower, there's less feel and I have a hard time with it.

I keep hearing recording online in youtube of guys playing direct to DAW through the Kemper and it sounds way better!

Then I get the exact same profiles and it's not anything like that experience :/:/

Could there be something wrong with my setup?

Thanks for sharing ! :thumbup:( I have the CarlM plexi highgain single - one of my favs)

Also have it, great pedal!

Thank you!

You're welcome!

Wow! These profiles sound fantastic. Thanks for sharing!

I'm glad you like it, thanks!

These sound very in-ya-face, which like, but maybe you could tame that bass a bit.

You are right, they were a bit bottom end heavy, specially the BE-OD's. Thanks for your feedback.

I re-tuned all of the presets, mostly amp/cab settings but with some minor EQ tweaks.

I re-uploaded all of them and edited the first post to match.

I also added a set for the MXR 5150 pedal! Hope you guys enjoy it.

Cheers!

Paulo

Edited: 2018/11/20 - new improved versions & new pedal (MXR 5150)

Hi guys,

Lately I have been test profiling my V40+Pedal's Rig.

So far I've profiled the V40 with:

- Friedman BE-OD

- Carl Martin Plexidrive Low Gain

- MXR 5150 Overdrive

I released, for all pedals a:
    - LG (Low Gain) version, add Reverb/Delay/Tremolo/etc to taste

- HG (High Gain) version, which is a chunkier tweaked version of the earlier, with higher gain (some with EQ/Drive boost)

- Lead version, which is a further tweaked version, EQ'd to cut more in the mixe, with some delay fx added

I'm planning on adding other AMP/pedals combo's in the future, I have few AMPS and a dozen misc OD/DISTORTION/FUZZ pedals to try out.

Have fun with them and let me know if you like them.

Cheers!

Paulo

I just bought this pack and ... WOW! I'm truly amazed by the quality of the sounds!

I always thought my Kemper profiles sounded much better when the cab sim was off and I played it through a real cabinet.

Then I discovered I could turn the cab off and use the Two Notes Torpedo Wall of SOund plugin and I restarted using my Kemper for recording direct, but the sound was still not as good as my real cabs, but was ok enough.

Since, I've discovered the world of IR's and man ... when they are good .. it is awesome! .. I love my 4x12 1960AX and this pack is so much like that cab! AMAZING distortion sounds, without the need for external cab sims! Highly recommended.

Thanks for the reply but I am looking for a FRFR 2x12 that looks like a real cab so I can take advantage of the cab IRs. I have a lot of cabs that work great but I want FRFR so I can cut the need for more cabs.

I didn’t get you were looking exclusively for an FRFR cab.

Those mission cabs do look awesome but are very expensive, are they really worth the premium over something like the new headrush cab or a regular PA monitor?

I run a couple Orange PPC112's and they sound great, but to get them to sound "larger" I had to convert them to open back because two 1x12" is not the same as a single 2x12" imho, it just doesn't have the same bass response, but I'm quite happy with the sound I'm getting with this option nevertheless.

I have a 4x12" old Marshall 1960AX with greenbacks but the Kemper sounds "muddy" on it, the greenbacks are awesome for the gritty Marshall heads but the Kemper adds so much more range that they lack definition, the V30's are much more open and it sound overall more balanced to my ears.

If I was on the market for a 2x12" I'd definitely look into the Orange v30 range ... the ppc212 is quite heavy if you're gigging regularly but there's a new vertical option that is significantly lighter and could be an option.

There's also the Victory v212vv that looks awesome and should sound great too.

I'm in Europe, and the Boogie recto 212's are quite expensive here so I'd rule them out, but if you're in the US it's an option.

Or just grab the guitar and the Kemper and head out to a store, they should be fine with you experimenting with some cabs.

Although I'm a happy Kemper user, I still love my amps and also have a fair amount of pedals I use regularly.

I've recently upgraded one of my pedalboards with the Gigrig G2 pedal looping unit and I had some trouble understanding how to setup my Boss NS2 pedal with it.

The idea was to have my "dry" part of the board (overdrives and distortions) in the loop of the NS2, not having the "wet" pedals affected by the NS2 loop .... and still be able to switch them all in and out of the G2!

A double loop system had to be though out and after some experimenting I came up with this:

[Blocked Image: https://preview.ibb.co/fZyabS/setup.jpg]
    (click on image to make it bigger)

It works great!!

I couldn't find much online about this so I drew up the schematic to share, maybe it'll help others.

Loving all the input here.

I'm pretty sure not understanding how the Kemper actually works as far as the separate parts of the sim and their interaction is the main reason as to why some users can't get a good sound out of the unit.

I'm having the exact same experience as some of you: I use the unit through a cab and the sound is OK, but the simulation is lacking .. most profiles tend to sound similar and they really don't sound like the "real" amps because the speaker portion of the simulation is missing.

Although I do actually like my setup and pretend on using it, I'm getting a FRFR slant to add to it and get a more realistic perspective of what goes to the PA.

I'm using a guitar cab (and disabling the cab sim) to play my kemper, well .. actually I'm using a couple of them ... two orange ppc112's converted to open back.

Sound is very good in my setup but I believe I'm missing out on a major component of what makes an amp "simulation": the IR of it's speakers

I state this because my sound is actually less diverse running through a guitar cab ... I've found that most profiles I use tend to put out a have a "patterned" sound and I believe this is mostly due to using the same cab to play all of them.

Preamp and power amp is simulated in the profiler but then the speaker is always the same. It's a good sound, but it's not as real as it could be and not so diverse.

I'm interested in your opinions, specially from those who have tested both setups:
    - Will changing to a FRFR speaker make my sound more diverse and still retain that "punchy" and "fat" sound you get from playing through a guitar speaker?

(I'm considering the new 2K watt FRFR from Headrush, seems to be pretty good value!)

Please let me know what you think and what you have tested, thanks!

I've been curious about this for a while:

- would the kemper sound better using either
    a) the direct to the DAW approach with IR cab simulation
    b) the miked cab route, bypassing the cabinet IR simulation and miking it on a guitar cab

I tried a simple small test and can't really make up my mind what sounds better, both sounds would work fine in a mix I guess, check it out and tell me what you think:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I actually live near the beach (Caparica), about 100kms south of Nazaré.

Waves are nowhere near that size, here. Nazaré is phenomenon in its own.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome!

Um abraço a todos :)

You can A/B using the pedal into the amp vs running it as a expression pedal for the virtual volume pedal of the Kemper.

I can’t say for sure but I guess any decent pedal should be transparent enough not to degrade your tone.

If you really want the best, most top artists run the Ernie Ball volume pedal, it looks like it’s the industry staple of sorts, don’t know if it has expression out, thought.

1) Does a volume pedal plugged into the remote, have a sonic influence on tone?
    2) I just want to make sure that I retain the exact original tone when the volume pedal is at its maximum level, hope this makes sense…

It shouldn't affect the tone, the volume pedal (should be) a transparent device.

If you use it in front of the amp it will work exactly like your guitar volume, it will clear up the gain when you back down and get up to full when you push it.

If you want it to act just on the volume without affecting the gain then you need to put it in the FX loop of the kemper.

However, with the kemper, best way is to use the expression out of the pedal (both Dunlop and Boss have one), plug it in to an expression port and use it as a controller for the volume, you have more flexibility and less cables/noise to deal with.

Here's my current home setup.

I run my Kemper trough a couple Orange PPC112's, modded to open back.
    They sound both huge and crisp, I really like the balance of the fat bottom end the open back delivers, with the clarity of the V30's.
    I'm considering running the kemper into a dual channel PA to turn the rig into stereo.

I also run the Kemper into a Focusrite 6i6 for recording and monitoring through the Yamaha HS7's or a pair of headphones whenever I need a quieter setup.

[Blocked Image: https://preview.ibb.co/ciqayx/2018_02_01_15_13_25.jpg]