Posts by nottoohigh

To the OP: can't speak specifically to the Ernie ball nor Dunlop volume pedal sweeps, but when I modded my cry baby I did have to change the pot to a 10k linear to get a nice sweep for volume use. The standard cry baby 100k pot works ok but isn't a linear sweep so doesn't work too well for volume pedal usage. But using the modded exp pedal as a wah is ok with that non linear pot.

Also if you like the mission sweep I think if you score a used cry baby or vox for cheap you will get a better match since the physical body and so physical sweep of those pedals are almost identical to the mission. Not sure about your mini wah as you call it.

Personally i actually prefer having the trs and switch jacks on opposite sides, which a crybaby already is drilled for. That way I can use right angled cable connectors for both without them getting in each others way if they were both on the same side.

I could not find info related to the rig modes defined once the rig button is held for 3secs or so.

When you hold the Rig button for several seconds, it makes that rig a favorite (or removes it as a favorite if it's already a favorite). if you press and release Rig quickly, then it enters in the Rig Settings, which are explained starting page 16 of the KPA reference manual.

but neither of these give the options that you are describing, which I agree with previous answer sounds more like the expression pedal options, which would come under the System menu button (try page 153-154 of the same manual mentioned earlier).

Or maybe you meant some other button but doesn't seem like it's actually the Rig button.

If you an interface or powered speakers or a mixer AFTER the kemper, then I'd recommend having your looper in between, so after kemper and before whatever comes next.

That's how I do it and allows for full stack and fxs to all be recorded on each loop. Most flexible way in my opinion.

This won't work if you are using powered kemper to a guitar cab. Then you would have to use a loop slot such as X as you suspected.

Hello, i must say no cause i remember read a lot of post from users having same latency differences between remote and Kemper so i don't think (may be wrong) that there were a lot of remote that doesn't works correctly.
    I think maybe some people have more tolerance with latency ?

regarding "tolerance with latency":

In my case, I am 99% sure there is no latency (I leave 1% because, well, I don't have any accurate way to measure it per se). Example:

- using as a wah: pedals behaves pretty much exactly like my real cry baby wah does (except slightly different sweep because the real cry baby pot is non-linear), and with correct wah settings in KPA, also sounds almost exactly the same
    - using as volume pedal: volume swells in naturally as I rock the pedal forwards from heel to toe

And finally, and please do check this on your KPA:

- when i go into the System menu page for configuring the pedal (example if connected to pedal 3 input on the remote, then it would be System menu page 8), as I rock the pedal from heel to toe and back, I can observe the "calibrate" bar moving on the KPA in exact synch with my movements. So I can visually "see" there is no latency noticeable.

Please try this same test on your side and let us know whether you move your pedal and actually can observe some delay before the calibrate bar moves on the KPA. You can also do this on page 5 of system (Pedal Links) and see if the bars move in tandem with your pedal movements.

Hi everyone,

I received my kemper power rack a few weeks ago, and I was wondering how you guys connect your kemper to your cab. Do you use a speaker cable? A balanced corde would not be right correct?
    Many thanks for your answers! :)

Definitely use a speaker cable, just like going from tube amp head to a speaker cab. Not an instrument nor balanced cable.

Hi!

I choose ‘no cabinet’, but each time it will show -26 DB or -15 DB or -6 DB…etc etc randomly... Should I be setting that at a level which will sound better?

Are you referring to the "Return Level" (soft knob 4) being at those DB settings?

If so, I too find that the Kemper will set that level automatically and it can be different even when you don't think you have made any changes to your levels at the amp to be profiled, in between making several profiles.

According to the Profile Guide manual page 15: It simply says to "Set “Return level” (soft knob 4) so that the level of the reference amp roughly equals the level of the internal sound of the Profiler. "

I have done some Direct profiles on my Orange amp, also taking several profiles in a row, with no changes to amp settings, and while the return levels might in some cases be different, the resulting profile did not sound different as you described (ie "tone is completely different"), so can't offer any assistance on that point, sorry!

Using Rig Manager, check out the included rig pack called "Tutorial Morphing". The first rig called MORPH Panorama does exactly what you want.

Or if you don't have that rig pack in your rig manager, download it from the downloads page: https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads/10/Rig-Packs - look for "morphing demo rig pack".

Hope that helps!

Just to check, when you long press on a stomp or the delay fx slot and then use the type knob to choose an fx, do you see Single Delay, dual delay, etc as options?

If you increase the volume of what goes into the interface as the way to "hear" it louder then of course eventually it will clip. I don't think you can avoid that.

Better would be to have a small 4 channel mixer that kemper goes into and monitors are driven off the mixer. Then you can independently increase volume of the kemper sound without touching your rig volume - just turn it up at the mixer. Hope that makes sense?

Hi Fremen,

Thank you again for extending your intro pricing a little longer for me to purchase yesterday. I haven't had a chance to play through all the pink floyd rigs yet, but the ones that I have played so far for some extended time, are very very good. Definitely to my ears an excellent capture of the gilmour vibe.

Cheers!