Posts by mattseed

Hi chaps. Has anyone used a Strymon Big Sky in the loop of their Kemper. Also controlled the presets via the midi control of the Kemper.

Any views are welcome, I’m thinking of investing in a good reverb so I was looking at the Big Sky or the Eventide H9.

Thanks guys
    Matthew

It’s just simply the quality of the reverbs I don’t like, they are not great. I’ve not tried the MAB reverbs, I don’t even know what that is but I will take a look now thanks. I like your suggestion Dave of locking the amp and going through profiles that’s a neat trick.

808illest it’s not spring I’m after it’s mainly lush large wide halls etc I’m missing the quality on.

I find the reverbs on the Kemper for in the room feel, almost dry with a tickle of verb......that’s fine and does the good just great but then on bigger stuff it kinda fails on the verb front.

Matt

Hi guys I’ve had my Kemper for only a few months and it has blown me away after being an Axe FX user for quite a few years. I have one problem and that’s the reverbs....I’m not a big effects user so the Chorus and phasers etc I can live with as I’m only a light user, but I love my reverb and I’m really struggling with it. I keep reading about posable updates but then again I can see posts going back to 2014 where people are speculating about this. So, I’m tempted to get a reverb pedal and maybe the Srymon Big Sky.....well, if ya gonna do it, do it right hey! Has anyone had experience of using it or indeed any reverb with their Kemper. I guess in the loop, can you assign it from the loop into the reverb or would it have to go in A to D or X. I guess the only snag with that is the delayed will be after the reverbs ? Last question, can you then programme different presets on the pedal and via midi trigger them for different rigs ? Thanks For any help guys. Matthew.

Hi guys. Ive had the Kemper for a few weeks now and getting ready to start recording with it. I have a UAD Apollo 2 interface. What would be the best way to get the signal in ? I figured the UAD's DA convertors may be better quality than the Kemper (might be wrong) it was just a guess. With that in mind i was going to use the SPDIF out, but of course the UAD only has Optical in so some sort of convertor may be in order.

I only want to record in mono really, with all that in mind what would you guys suggest the best method ?

Thank you
    Matthew

Thanks for the advice guys. I havnt got into using morph yet but I might look at this, i guess I would need another expression pedal just to control that.

OneEng1 that is pretty much what i have done, but it just seems a shame that I am taking up an entire rig slot just to have more reverb. I was hoping that the A/B toggle on the footswitch would have done it but its not to be.

With the Morph, can you Morph froem one reverb to another or is it just one parameter of the reverb, like for instance the 'Mix' ?

Matthew

Hi guys on the footswitch where you can assign 2 effects and A/B toggle between them. Well, what I’d like to do is have 2 levels of reverb and toggle....I can’t seem to figure this out. Does anyone have any suggestions for this please. I was just going to toggle it with reverb in a stomp position......I then realised reverb is not a stomp effect but only in the reverb section.....is that right ?

Matt

Hi guys I have finally figured out how to get my mission expression pedal to work as volume and wah.....except I am left with an odd problem, my Wah Wah effect is back to front I.e it’s high at heel back and low at heel forward. Anybody any idea why that would be please, it’s really frustrating me. Matthew.

Thank you so much your solution was correct and its now working perfectly. Unless i missed it that video on how to do this does not mention that check box.....and from my experience it really rally should, that one little thing was the answer.

Thank you

Hi thanks for helping. The set up i have is this:

Output of the kemper footswitch pedal 5 is the TRS going to input one on the Mission.

Output 6 on the footswitch is a mono cable going to input 2 on the mission.

I assigned the Wah Wah to effect D.

Then went into the System settings:

On Pedal 5 i set:

MODE - PEDAL TYPE 1
    FUNCTION - VOLUME PEDAL

On Pedal 6 i set:

MODE - MONO SWITCH
    FUNCTION - SWITCH TIP - STOMPD ON/OFF

What happens is the volume is working great but when i engage the switch, it lights up STOPM D OK and i think i can hear that the wah was is having an effect but the sweep of the pedal is still controlling the volume and not the wah.

Its got me baffled, i watch a few videos on how to do it and followed it to the letter and its just not working.

HELP !!!!!!…….Please.

Hi guys I wonder if anyone can help. I'm new, ive just bought a Mission expression pedal, the kemper one. I have followed the instructions to set it up for standard use as volume and the upon click to use Wah Wah. The volume side is working fine but when i rock forward and click the switch it engages Stomp D where i have put a Wah Wah effect but when i then rock the pedal back and forth its still doing volume ? Any help would be really appreciated.