Posts by deeBee

I have a Kemper Toaster (powered) since December 2017. Great gear, no doubt about it. The only thing I REALLY regret is not having bought the Rack version instead of the Toaster, as the latter is a real hassle when playing live: transport, where to put it on stage safely, always (dis)connecting every cable... I initially preferred the Toaster over the Rack for the 2 extra controls on the front... which I actually never touch nor need, ever. Tip: some company should build a 19" rack grid to which the Toaster can be easily attached and so be build into a regular flightcase. I think it would be a very succesful product.
    Another suggestion: a version of the Kemper controller with 2 extra control pedals (volume, expression) attached to it, so it becomes 1 piece of gear. Like you have e.g. in the VOX Tonelab controller. I have my Kemper controller + 2 control pedals on a Harvey Benton floorboard now, but if you take a width of 60 cm it just sticks out 4 cm on the sides because the floorboard (all of them actually) have only 56 cm attachable space + 4 cm plastic on the sides. Not a very solid construction. The next option is a 80 cm wide floorboard, which is way too large to handle in most cases, and just unnecessarily big as I don't need the extra width and depth for extra pedals with almost every effect inside the Kemper already.

I have assigned the Looper button on my remote to switch between slow/fast rotary speaker speeds.The transition between the two speeds is sounding very real to me.

@DonPetersen: Let me try to get this straight.... so you're using the Looper button as an extra assigning button for this or whatever effect. Which probably means that the Looper function is no longer available in the rig/sound where it's assigned to an effect, am I right? Which probably means that you can assign any button on the pedal -including the slots buttons- to whatever you want it to be assigned ....? But thinking aloud & (hopefully) logically a bit further: the latter is probably only possible in Browse mode, not in Performance? As this would contradict the use of the slots in Performance i.m.o. These questions because I was puzzled recently by a picture of someone's pedal where all the slot lights were on/green at the same time... It's a steep curve, guys :/ , and yes I know, RTFM, but that one often becomes only clear after you've encountered certain issues, thanks for your input!
    ps it still means that the Rotary should be already 'on' on any given sound you wanna use it on and not be assigned to a button, otherwise you'd always need 2 buttons, one for 'on/off' and one for 'slow/fast'.... that's why incorporation with the morph pedal for 'slow/fast' would be very convenient.

Yes, this HAS been mentioned countless times, by myself included. It has also been ignored countless times, for reasons I cannot fathom.

Yes, especially as changing the speed during playing is the essence of using a rotary speaker in the first place. I've read somewhere an explanation by ckemper himself, summing up the 50-something parameters that are involved in creating this, but I think none of us is asking that kind of perfection :) . Just a speed up/down with a little transition between the 2, and preferably by morphing, would make a lot of people happy.

As long as you use the rig buttons on the right side of the front panel to navigate between the slots in a performance you only need to store once before you load the next performance.

That's true, but not if you switch slots by using the pedal. Which in my opinion should be the same as switching using the rig buttons as long as you're in the same Performance. While I'm at it, another weird thing with the pedal: when in Browse mode editing and saving a sound, shut down the amp and restarting it the next day, you always have to push an adjacent button first on the pedal to the one that 'represents' that sound in order to get the edited sound. Otherwise it holds the non-edited sound in its memory.

Thanks, SteveH and MuddySludge! It starts to dawn on me :) . After doing it the way you explained I also first thought that a Performance behaves like a sort of big Rig, that it would keep everything memorized I edited in the various slots until after I finished changing parameters in various (copied) slots. And saving all at once after finishing. But no siree, every time a slot is modified, the Performance needs to be saved. (As you explain MuddySludge but I only understood after some trial and error). Learning every day, slowly but surely getting there :thumbup:

If you’re going to use the same Stomps or Effects, you can lock those sections, individually. You can also just lock the individual slots, ie. wah In Stomp A and the Delay slot (though remember that a delay can be placed in any of the Stomps or Effect slots, even multiple instances, and any other effect can be placed in the Delay slot. Only the Reverb slot is uniquely dedicated).
    The Remote (floorboard) works best in Performance Mode. I suggest checking out a video tutorial on YouTube, if you aren’t a manual reader. Kemper make some great tutorials, here’s all of them :
    Click here

To get you up to speed on Performance Mode, watch this :

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hi Sambrox, thanks for the tips. One thing that remains unclear to me, is how to edit a slot once I've assigned it to a Performance. As you say: it's a copy of the assigned sound and can be freely edited.... but how? I only have access to the bass /middle /treble / presence buttons in Performance mode, and I reckon I have to edit this (copy of the) sound in Performance mode, otherwise I'll change the original sound if I edit in the Browser mode. Or am I missing something here?
    Maybe I have to copy and rename that sound in Browser mode and edit it there and than add it to the Performance? (that would be tedious...)
    Just to clarify: I assign the same sound to slots 1 and 2, and I want to use that basic sound as departure point in the 2nd slot, but add a booster and morph a few things. Thanks for advice on this.

musicmad, big thanks, you saved my day with your exact explanation of how to calibrate the expression pedal. I was about to sell my Mission Engineering EP1-KP because I couldn't get the calibration beyond 117 and apparently it won't do morphing until it gets the full range of 127... that is, until I stumbled on this thread. This is not the only flaw in the Kemper manual that could use a revision as far as clear explanation regarding some functions goes. There's e.g. a lot of confusion also between Speaker Out (extra out on the amped Kemper) and Monitor Out.

Hi, I tried everything in the manual, checked numerous Q&A but I'm unable to get morphing to work with my Mission Engineering EP1-KP pedal. Somebody remarked that this might be caused by the calibration of said pedal, it only goes up to max 117 instead of 127. Checked this and indeed, unable to get it to value 127, 117 is the maximum for both morphing and wahwah, as where my Dunlop Vol X goes all the way to 127 for volume. To make sure I also tried switching pedal modes (from 1 to 2, although it's clearly stated that it's a type 1 pedal, but one never knows...), but that doesn't change anything. Is it correct that the Kemper's morphing function won't work if the max value is lower than 127?
    Basically there's a REAL need for a decent Kemper tutorial from the very ground up exclusively on morphing, with also known issues and exceptions, do's and don'ts regarding various pedals, software bugs etc. That's (still) nowhere to be found online whereas all other functions of the Kemper are explained clearly in the various online tutorials. My expression pedal is a KP version, so it's supposed to work just like that with the Kemper Profiler, but no siree.
    Thanks for advice and suggestions (I'm on OS 5.2 by the way).

You need to connect this passive cab to the red speaker output, not the monitor output.

Waaw, glad it's that simple, thanks a lot Ingolf :) . There's hardly anything in the manual of that Speaker Out, it's always Monitor Out this'n'that (or I've totally overlooked it). Thanks again, saved me some headache over the weekend!

Hi, I'm pretty new to Kemper although had some experience with modeling. I tried out everything that's mentioned in this thread but to no avail. This is my problem: newly arrived Matrix FR12P (passive FR, 300W, 8 Ohms) connected to Monitor Out of Kemper Poweramp gives very low and distorted level. All output settings in the Kemper seem correct to me. When I connect the FR12P to my VOX amp with the same cable (jack to Speakon), works perfectly. The output on the VOX for an extra cabinet is 30W - 8 Ohm. But... also when I connect headphones to Monitor Out Kemper all sounds normal and the same as through the Main Outs on my studio monitors! I'm not really good at the Ohm versus Watt thing (I always played on combo amps) but does pure deduction lead me to the fact that there's an incompatibility between the power amp of the Kemper (manual says 600W at 8 Ohms, 300W at 16 Ohms) and the Matrix FR12P (300W at 8 Ohms) which causes the problem? If so, is there any remedy which is not 'buy another FR speaker'? Thanks for reply.

I was wondering if you'd found the solution for this in the meantime, as I have a similar question. I have that same Mission Engineering pedal but with a spring load (pedal returns automatically to the heel position). The toe switch works perfectly to alternate between wah and morph but I can't get the morphing active despite all parameters being set correctly. Thanks for your reply.

Hi, I'm a newbie to Kemper Profiler, but I can't get Morphing active even after intensive study of the manual and various online tutorials.
    This is the situation: a Mission Engineering EP1-KP-GN SPL pedal (SPL = springload) is connected to Pedal 5 and 6 on the Remote. All is connected correctly (1 TRS and 1 TR cable for activating the switch). In the Profiler System pedal 5 is set to Morph Pedal, and in the Pedal Links set as 'Morphing to Wah' (this is how I want to use it, when I press the switch the pedal functions perfectly as it should, as a wah.). The setting Morph Pedal is zero at heel position and goes up to 117 when fully pressed (a bit bizarre actually that 117 is the maximum and not 127 as you'd expect, also the graph bar doesn't go up all the way to the right).
    In Rig the page Morph is identically set up (zero at heel and 117 when pedal is fully pressed).
    Unfortunately tweaking for instance delay or reverb times when I press the pedal fully is somehow not stored, or remembered, as it keeps those high values when it goes back to the heel position.
    I wonder if this might have something to do with the fact that it's a spring load pedal that automatically returns to the heel position when released? Or maybe I'm just overlooking something basic and simple? Any suggestions and/or solutions are much appreciated.