Posts by MikeStoner

My one classic piece of advice for Kemper newbies doing their first gig - disable the looper button on the remote! (You do this in the System menu) Otherwise I can guarantee that somewhere in the middle of the gig you will go to press the tuner button, accidentally hit the adjacent looper one and then you are in for a whole WORLD of pain - imagine having the verse of a song suddenly start playing when you're in the middle of the chorus! We've all been here!

Yes, this would be great. You could have the morphs as well. Seems like such an obviously good idea that I guess there's a solid reason against - don't know what it is though.

I have a powered rack Kemper and plug into Marshall and MESA cabs for gigs (don't use IEM or FOH) - the best live tones I've found are the Choptones John Petrucci pack of direct profiles and the freebie Michael Britt "Steve Stevens" profile available on his blog. Perfect for playing loud live hard rock/metal.

Probably the greatest thing you’ll see this year...

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Make sure you work out how to disable it or I can GUARANTEE that you will accidentally turn it on mid-gig and not know what’s going on. You’ll be playing the chorus and the looper will start playing the verse simultaneously. Utter disaster. We’ve all been there!

Great profile, I use it a lot. However I don't know if it's in a pack, I downloaded it as a one-off profile from a page on his blog (1st July 2018)

Fast red pony car youtuber definitely has his own "thing" going on with his profiles, in a positive sense.

For sure. I guess some people would hate his Splawn Nitro profile, but if you love 80s hair metal shred then it's superb. One point about it - he has a YouTube video demoing it and, I'll be honest, he doesn't really do it justice. If I'd watched that I wouldn't have bothered trying it, but I'm SO glad that I did! You know when your guitar tone is just so good that it inspires you to play more and better? It's one of those!

Yes, it's FastRedPonyCar's Splawn Nitro profile - that's the one, it's awesome!

I've been using it with my Music Man Axis and PRS Custom 24

Actually, after a bit of searching, I've found a brilliant Kemper 80s shred tone - it's SPLAWN NITRO on the Rig Exchange. Add a nice splash of reverb and delay, tweak the EQ a bit and you get a fantastic (shred-tastic?) sound that combines everything you want - screaming highs, extra-chunky palm mutes, really good artificial harmonics and (best of all) it's buttery-smooth so fast notes flow nicely together. Think George Lynch, meets Warren DeMartini meets Jake E. Lee (but better). I've been delighting the neighbours with it for a couple of hours and I'm sure they love it. Definitely worth checking out!

BTW I'm running it from my PowerRack directly into a Genz-Benz 2x12 and that might be part of it, but it's probably the best shred solo sound I've found in MANY MANY years. Awesome!