Posts by Torniojaws

Every now and then, I see comments that the DI signal from Kemper is not as good as dedicated DI boxes. I happened to have a bunch of different DI boxes, so I decided to do a quick comparison against the Kemper:

Note: This is not a technical test whatsoever. I didn't measure any noise floors, THD, output levels, etc. All I did is record all 5 through the same signal path using as neutral settings as possible in the two designed-to-color DIs: MXR and SansAmp.

No post-effects and all DI signals have been matched to be roughly the same volume:

(Sound begins at 0:10)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It would be cool if someone could also measure the Kemper DI technically, so we could tell how the Kemper DI compares against real boxes :thumbup:

Would be fun to get to the truth whether the Kemper DI is good enough, or should you still use a real DI box for recording.