Posts by Dimi84

MementoMori what is the case that people wat to enter values via KB? I don't get it. What difference it will be 12.3 or 12.0 dB

The problem lies that people sometimes use "." and sometimes use "," Sometimes thay do ot use nothing just plain "12" ...nevermind.

Have you tried TME? :P

Even slight tweaks of some settings can make a meaningful difference for me (for example “definition”). On windows, holding shift will allow for finer adjustments easier, but numerical values would still work better for me personally.

To say that something is "obscure" is an evaluative statement. It involves a judgement that is based on some framework where there's a threshold below which A is justifiably "obscure". People will clearly have different ideas about what these standards are, should be, some perhaps making more sense than others. I listen to some sources I'd call "obscure" that are pretty darn amazing. Them being obscure doesn't have to be a ding on them. And I was aware of the tonejunkie podcast, kemper users linking me to it, but haven't spent much time listening (not that it's bad).

In so far as the beta goes... not so surprising to see that someone (or some) have this.

Pickups matter, style of play does, tuning does, the guitar bridge may, and so forth and so forth. I've had Harley Benton guitars costing 100-200 euro sound great through the kemper (and close to audio clips of sellers). It's just that plenty of variables do come into play. Profiles are snapshots usually set-up using a particular guitar, monitoring, pla pla.

I don’t think the ceiling has been reached yet. As good as the KPA is and as much as I like playing through it, I still think there is room for improvement in the profiles themselves. They don’t yet sound or feel exactly like tube amps to me.

Some folks may not care. I do. I want an exact copy. I think we’ll get there someday but we’re not there yet, imho.

Are you basing this on tests you've conducted, comparing your tube amps to the profiles via same monitoring, ect ect?

I am epileptic, which without going into details (of which there can be plenty, depending on the case) in part means that using an editor is easier for me, has fewer risks, can be quite a plus when I do need to edit. Which I haven't always cared for as much.

For the most part, my set ups have been very simple. The only pedal I've consistently used live (along with mostly single channel tube amps) have been noise gates. These have more or less been about eliminating feedback in cases of limited space where it could be really annoying both to me and audience. Kemper on its own has been an effort, on my part, for more convenience in analogy to the tones achievable.

Now when there's some need for using highly edited tones with effects (when that does happen, more so with cover band stuff) editor becomes much more relevant. It's also more relevant if traveling and there's need to be relatively quick with edits all the while minimizing epilepsy-related risks, which is anyway part of life in general.

About the point when it comes to convenience: bands before would also try to find the right type of van to transport things well enough, fast enough, while minimizing risks, pla pla (well still many have to). And maybe the way people would get distortion was something where big demand for "more convenience" lead to further developments.

I do think there's symptoms in plenty of current day societies that are questionable, maybe related to part of what you're describing. But that'd get too "Political" for here.. Well, nearly everything is political in one way or another.. but anyway:)

Besides, it's at least thinkable toastme offers some functions official editor does not (and who knows if it will later on). May buy midi cables again for that reason alone, later on. Just not sure how toastme is affected by OS7.

I wouldn't bet on any date for the editor beta other than maybe "somewhere in 2019 or 2020".

Now if I really needed an editor atm, was on OS6 (well, not sure how much is "broken" with the new OS and toast me), midi cable or interface money wasn't a big cost for me, and there'd be no other alternative devices giving me what I needed already, I'd go that route for sure.

It's just that Kemper doesn't get used much atm. It's what tends to happen for me when some alternatives are available. I'm sure that when editor comes out the unit will get more play again, but getting used to some really good editors + how much more efficient I can be, current requirements + how close the tones are = yes, a good editor becomes important.

I had asked kemper about a non-profiling KPA many years ago. Lacking profiling function alone wouldn't significantly reduce price. That said, making a considerably more mobile unit, with a rather limited UI and a greater array of limitations may be an interesting idea now that an editor is coming out. This style of portable unit (say like a helix stomp) can be very useful for me. And I do profile amps fairly often.

And by "feels off" I'm implying that there's justified "feels" and unjustified ones. If you sneeze on my prs and I get angry enough to fire a military missile at your village.. That's certainly an example of anger that is not justified. Some responses to editor bonanza may not be justified either (not that the moral badness of these amount to firing a military missile; not the point!).

The statement that "no person, on any gear forum, says they don't need editor" is obviously false.

It's easy to determine this considering even posts being responded to, unless they are to be immediately discarded. Even if we didn't see such posts we'd need very, very comprehensive research for grounds to make something close to the claim (chances are it'd be less "radical"), for many reasons, the outlining of which would turn this post into an essay.

That aside.. Communication is a 2 way street. Part of respecting someone as an agent, I'd argue, is affording some level of charity when it comes to intent.. as well as putting in effort to understand the points being made, even if this isn't always as easy. Issues get complex enough on their own.

Now when the scenario is such that kemper folk are indeed dismissed as "fooling people"... yes, that feels off and disrespectful. Don't get me wrong, there's criticisms of kemper that are perfectly legitimate to make. But when things do reach the point where g string says that the sky is blue and has responses of this kind (when they DO occur, btw, as few as they are; let's not try and dismiss anyone who disagrees with us as based on such grounds as if that's what they're doing)...

.. Yes, the "issue" is probably not some kemper workers.

You rip and criticize the company for all manner of reasons (including their country of origin), and then say "I have nothing against Kemper...."

So....you're just whining, then?

If he just argued that perhaps the editor case could have been handled better, one way or another, or was even just somewhat frustrated by the delays, that’d be one thing. It’s the rather conspiratorial elements that push this too far out.

Well the Germans brought us the Kemper & the Kemper Stage, but they can't give us an editor? In 2019? Joke I tell you.

I do not believe CK was convinced when it comes to the “need” for an editor in order to invest required resources in that direction. It is my impression he saw more of a need for this when it comes to floor units. When asked in an earlier interview about a possible editor (someone brought up pod having an editor) he replied by asking if the pod in question was a floor unit. Considering this impression of mine, I’m not too surprised editor is coming out (relatively) near the stage release.

Perhaps he eventually did change his mind when it comes to all kemper units in general, about editor need, and/or perhaps more resources were eventually available, of course. Who knows.

LOL Do you people seriously believe the editor is coming this year? What a joke. Kemper, a German based company cannot hire enough coders to finish the editor. I'll bet it's still in Alpha stage and not even in Beta. All this rubbish that's been fed to us. 19 November 2019 and still nothing. Nada. Zip. Lets all wait another 5 years for the editor.

I certainly wouldn’t bet my life on a 2019 release, but not sure how them being German-based is relevant.

By the way, we should care, at least indirectly, about Stage sales and the overall success of the KpA line of products if we like new features for our kpas or hope for new products from the kemper company in the future. Bills have to be paid, teams of paid employees that develop editors, roll out new effects and firmware improvements, as well as ongoing customer and product support and continued compatibility with Mac and Windows over time isn’t cheap. New sales provide the means.

In that sense, sure, agreed. It’s a more nuanced reason than the usual “my dad is stronger than your dad “ gear wars.

As we talk about reality and twisting it..

Who’s getting a stage ??

In my post from the 30/7 the Stage was already number one in the sales rank..close to 4 months now..

Stage beats even the kemper head in the preamp category in total sales. If total sales is calculated differently than just "amount of units sold", taking into account stock, then how exactly? Would this amount to "winning a war", at that point? Why does stage not show up in top 19 of past month sales of same category? Is there some different way of calculating that alone, some extra variable.. or maybe out of stock orders don't count? When did stage go out of stock? Do they not count in both monthly and all time pages? If not so on all time page then how was kemper able to fullfil such insane demand that left kemper head itself in the dust?

At times, empirical reality isn't as simple to understand. I'm sure thomann will explain things to me.