Posts by sstauffer

That is gorgeous! Sounds like a good price on it too!

OK - I voted mainly so I could keep an eye on this post. I am strongly considering the Kemper Kab plus a Seymour Duncan Power Stage 170 amp to go along with my stage.

1) Speaker configuration

Stereo 2 X12, Closed Back (Option

2) Speakers 2 x 12” Mission low frequency driver
    2 x 1” high frequency compression driver
    Titanium HF diaphragm
    Co-axial configuration

3) Cabinet construction

¾” void-free Baltic birch - Weight: 62 lbs (28.5kg)

4) Active/Passive (amplifier?)

Amp built into the speaker cabinet

5) Wattage

2 x 110W stereo - loud

6) Branded cabinet/Home-made (stock?)

Mission Engineering Gemini 2 - Stock

7) Conclusions

Fairly satisfied with results.

I have a Code 50 collecting dust. I am considering using it for monitor out for my powered rack and Kab for home stereo setup for added fun. Should I use a Celestion FX or a Kone speaker for it? I understand The FX won't allow me to use Kone imprints but the Code has it's own cab sims. I wonder if using the two different speakers types for Left and Right would add more advantageous tones?

I've only used the Code for DAW is the past. The factory speaker is total crud.

I have a Peavey Vypyr pro collecting dust too and I was wondering the same thing. The only thing stopping me is having a "Peavey Vypyr pro" on stage with me, a Kemper Kab or the Marshall Code would look so much cooler. - Nothing against Peavey but I'm just saying.

I truly believe the sounds are in there its how quickly you can find them.

Hope you get it sorted but it took me 18 months to get to the point where I'm thinking...I have no need for any other amp.

Boy that is true, after spending many more hours with my Kemper I am liking it more and more. I simplified my method to switch from rhythm to lead just by using the morph function and it has me thinking less about which effect or stomp to push because it's always the same now no matter which performance or rig I am on.

After re-calibrating the pedal, I found it to work pretty well, I couldn't get it to easily malfunction. The range of "off " seemed acceptable although it might be nice if the off range was adjustable, I was going back and forth quickly, and I couldn't complain and actually was surprised how well it was working. The fade time seemed just right. It's very smooth going out.

That's good news! I was using a Behringer FC600 pedal for volume for awhile and it wouldn't stay calibrated. I have switched to the Mission Pedal and I haven't had that problem since.

Different Rigs. I take the same profile and dial it up for FRFR, save it, and then do the same for Real Cab. There is no way a profile will sound the same from a FRFR to a Real Cab.

I was just curious, I am using FRFR now but plan on getting the Kab, which do you prefer? Is it worth it for me to get a Kab too?

Firstly, you need power, that's obvious. Also, if you were previously running profiles though an FRFR speaker and then decided to run that same profile with the same settings through a real cabinet, be prepared to tweak again. I personally have two settings for each profile, one for FRFR and another when I send that same profile through a real cabinet.

By settings, do you mean separate input and output settings or different rigs?

I might use the wah on a rhythm or lead. I have the tap button set to morph lead volumes with rig volume. Just one tap in and the original button to reset everything. That way if I decided to tap in a phaser or delay or something at a whim, I don't have to untap everything, I just hit the "reset" button.

Right on, thanks, I always like to get opinions on real life uses for the Kemper. I just set all my performances up that way too, it seems easier and you don't have to think about which button to hit because it is always the same one. I was going to say if you only used the Wah for leads you could have used the Wah always on at 0 percent in the mix and 100 percent mix on morph but that won't work for you. Good Luck with the penny, I think you are on to something there!

Yeah for sure I am not buying one of those. Too much for an expression. I'll try my penny idea tonight. If that doesn't work, I'll just have to be more careful taking my foot off of toe down. It works OK now but slightly unpredictable and live, I don't want to have to re tap.

Especially when you are ending a lead and starting to sing the next verse! Your penny idea sounds like it would work, please let us know if it does. Also Do you only use the Wah on leads? If so how do you boost your leads?