Posts by sstauffer

Hi ST - yeah I have performances for all of our songs and I switch from song to song using midi on the iPad through Bandhelper. I think there is a small glitch on my stage, I was trying to paste a rig in a slot last night using the copy and paste option and it would save all the settings of the new rig but it wouldn't change the name without going into the slot and renaming it. I tried to load from the snapshot function again last night with no success, then I tried again this morning and it is working! It's nothing I can't work around but I just wanted to point it out.

Hi, sstauffer,

"Use the BROWSE knob to select a Snapshot from that list, which you can then load, delete, or store as a Rig in your browse pool."

I think you have to store the Snapshot to the Browse pool before you can load it into a Performance slot.

Thanks ST, you are always one of the first to try and help! I saved 2 rigs from the browse pool that I wanted to put into a few performances but from the performance mode I can view them but I can't seem to load them into a performance slot.

I have a stage and I am trying to load a snapshot into a performance slot but it I can't get it to load. - I am going by this in the manual " -- Am I missing something, does the slot have to be empty?

Snapshots

Snapshots are copies of entire Rigs, which you can capture by simply pushing the soft button labelled “Store Snapshot” on the regular home screen in Browser Mode at any time. Snapshots are stored outside of your browse pool.

On the “Details” page in Rig Settings, the soft button labeled “Browse Snapshots” opens a list of all Snapshots. Here, you can compare sounds easily. Use the BROWSE knob to select a Snapshot from that list, which you can then load, delete, or store as a Rig in your browse pool."

Update, I had a practice last night, I spent the last week spending a few hours with the Kemper, adjusting some input and output settings, changed all of my morph functions to help boost my leads by increasing the rig volume by4 DB with 0 rise and fall time. I kept the volume pedal in the system with a -2 on the setting just in case I need a light boost for a specific part in a song that wasn't cutting through. I have to say I am much happier this week then I was last week. It took me a few hours worth of adjustments (which I don't mind tinkering) but well worth it. I'm going to keep my Mission Engineering FRFR and in the future buy a Kemper Kab and make that transition. I appreciate all the comments and suggestions on this and other threads - I also still plan on profiling my own amps but for now I am a happy (Kemper) . - Sorry bad play on words!

For me the Kabinet is the missing Kemper piece in what is the best guitar equipment I have owned.

If yo buy it, you won't be disappointed.

I've used Guitar cabs and FRFR ( although not the Gemini).....my second Kabinet arrived yesterday...hopefully indicates my thoughts on the Kabinet :)

I trust your judgments on the matter too.

I have the same setup, for me it sounds boxy with higher gain settings, I was thinking about trying a low cut on the Kemper's EQ to see if that will help. I'm curious how you run your setup? For me I'm about 1/2 way up on the stage volume and the Speaker volume and then I dial the variable frequency response control down a little.

sstauffer did you end up getting a Kabinet in the end or have you kept your Mission cab?

For now, I kept the Mission FRFR, I still might get the Kemper Kab, but I am thinking they will come out with a FRFR eventually so I might wait.

You are correct, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder! When those amps are being profiled they are using a different guitar then I am so it might sound great when they profile it but put it in a different environment with a different guitar and different pickups it might sound terrible. I have 1 profile that i really love with the headphones and with the FRFR, I also have several others that I am fairly satisfied with. That being said if you have a tube amp and you really love channel b for example you might only "like" channel A so if I can find 2 or 3 tones out of the Kemper that I love I will be ahead of the game.

I am taking a different route now. I started looking at high dollar heads to play through my Marshall 4x12. Reading reviews and watching YouTube videos on a few that I was considering, all of the videos had the guys and ladies turning all the knobs to show how versatile the amp is. Who is going to turn the eq knobs for every song they are playing? I went back to the Kemper and decided that I was going to be an expert on it before I consider selling it! I have spent hours reading about it and tweaking it this week and now I can't wait for rehearsal Tuesday!I came across this thread this morning and it seems like I am not the first one to have mixed feelings about the Kemper. I am even more inspired now then I was when I bought it. If anyone follows sports there is something they call a sophomore slump and I think I had that. Now I'm pushing through, thanks for all the comments and inspiration.

This is brilliant if I understand you correctly, you get your profiles to sound good with the FOH and then listen to those profiles through the headphones and adjust the output EQ until they sound similar. Save both presets then you can tweak your profiles with the headphones and it should sound similar with the FOH preset?

Likely unrelated, but FWIW I had a hell of a time with a random wah tone on my Kemper Rack using Mission pedals. I tried bypass at stop, bypass at toe and heel, recalibrated many times, and nothing eliminated the issue. It seemed to be very random. Finally, I just connected the toe switch of the pedal to the remote and that fixed it - haven't had the random wah tone since. I have to step on the pedal toe switch to activate the wah, but that's how all my "real"wah's worked over the years so no big deal (the bypass on stop feature would have been nice, however).

Yeah - I love that bypass at stop feature, I only have 3 songs that call for a wah but it's nice to have it to color a lead now and then.