Posts by OfAlphaandOmega

Thank you guys! This just makes it clearer for me to choose the Kemper Remote. I need it only for Kemper.

I was thinking the same thing, until i found the RJM Mastermind LT. That does above and beyond what i need; lighter, cheaper, smaller, etc. And if you feel like you need more buttons you can throw a 2 button EXT switch, and get 6 switches. It works wonders.

we play this in my band and like mentioned above i set the harmoniser to A Major/F sharp minor. It works a treat :)

Hey Raoul, what do you have the other settings set to? Such as stereo, and voice balance, etc?

Hi... I’m sorry to edge into your thread but I can’t start my own one for some reason...
    Do the input/output flashing lights when playing?

I'm not sure what you mean. Choosing the harmoniser shouldn't change the way the lights turn on and off. They should still flash as normal.

Nah, i gave the pedal to a friend to help him with his acoustic guitar troubles. I think it can make anything great! I prefer actual stomps to the Kemper stomps but i'm all about not carrying things, and ease of use. So i tried to go all Kemper, and it has been sounding great, so why bother?

No, i think it can sweeten any sound, that's what it does. And yeah, if you get a rack version, just be careful, it's very easy to lean on it. ;)

I had the stomp box version for years, and yes i can say without doubt it was a big improvement. It took cheap sounding guitars/basses, and made them sound warm and full. It could take an overly muddy acoustic, and make it sound articulate, and clear. It was truly a great pedal. The way i used it was to sweeten up a guitar/bass; to make it fuller, and add a bit of spank. I gave it to a friend who needed some sweetening for his acoustic guitar. And now that i'm full Kemper i have no need for it, per se. But it's like a Sansamp, a really a great swiss army pedal to have around in the studio. And if you're talkin' the rack mount version then there's a lot more possibilities even still.

You lookin' at getting one or just curious?

We are preparing a whole bunch of new reverb effects and the flexibilization of the REV Module. At the end of this process reverb effects will be available in all Modules and all effect types will be available for selection in the REV Module.

What do you mean by flexible?

This. That you can move reverb to other position, and put other effects into the reverb module. But I guess on re-rereading this is a future thing and not included in this beta?

OK, Bilinie, sit down here like a good boy...
    Many people believe that recording just below clipping is a good thing to aim for. I'm not one of those grown-ups. This was the way old people did it when they used to use things called tape machines. I'll show you a picture of one one day.

Daddy thinks -15 -> -18dB is a good setting for Mr. Kemper's output setting. The only thing Daddy thinks you might be doing wrong, because Daddy's not like those other old people, is cranking the input gain on Mr. Interface to bring it back up again. This is naughty! Try leaving the gain settings on Mr. Interface at unity gain (neutral - no gain change), and see how that sounds.

Now this is something i've been slightly baffled with too. I've been doing as you said, -18 out of Kemper, into interface with the preamp of my interface set to -18, sounds great in DAW, but then when i export to iTunes the outcome is much more quiet than other mp3s. Rookie question here but is this due to lack of mastering? I'm not trying to publish these yet, just to listen back, show others, etc. Did i misinterpret what you're saying? It's not the end of the world having to raise the master volume when wanting to listen to one of my demos, it's more so when i forget, and another track comes on and scares the heck out of me and the misses. (Should be said the audio signal goes Kemper -> Apollo Twin preamps -> Computer -> Apollo Twin out -> monitors)

Enjoy folks :) - Xmas come early!.

If anyone has any questions leave them here and I will answer them as soon as I can.

Thanks
    Andy

Thank y'all so much for this pack; so many good sounds in here. I do have a question about, " Mars 800 Bst 2 ", though.

What does the, 'Bst 2' stand for? Forgive me if i'm missing some pdf with all your abbreviated codings. I'm new to the game.