Posts by benmars800

why do you want to run it at 16ohms? What amp are you using?

generally speaking running a load higher than the amp is designed for won’t harm it but you will suffer a serious drop in volume.

I'm using Fryette LXII 100 Watt amp . I had to re-wire it all 4x12 to 4 Ohms (Series/Parallel )and it sounded better with more power. The LXII impedance is set to 4 Ohms. Thanks for the advise.

My package came with a one page manual showing the 4x12 and 2x12 wiring setup. On the diagram , they show how you can run 4x12 with 4ohms. But i'd like to run it with 16 Ohms using all speakers in series of course i have the right impedance set from my power amp. What it intentional from the manual not to mention this kind of setup (4x12 16Ohms)? Will it affect the Kone speakers on the long run ?

I'm still confused about the use of the kone imprints. Can you use this setup as follows : Guitar > KPA > direct profile (DI) > Celestion imprints > Monitor out (Cab off) > Power AMP > Kabinet ? The reason i'm asking , when i tied this setup with Yamanha HS8 using DI profile, it sounded still like a DI and did not influence the Impulse response, However when i try a merged profile, i could hear the Celestion imprints on my Yamaha HS8

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I'm still working with tech support to get some answers, but no dices why KPA can not take a profile from a preamp directly without clipping message. I set the preamp to 9:00 oclock and return to -6db (all the way down) and was able to capture one profile and not with above that master volume (> 9:00 Oclock). I was able to hookup that preamp to an external power amp using DI to profile with no issues. KPA does not like preamps signals from what i have concluded. But how others are making preamp profiles ?

Another issue i have noticed on the direct amp profiling (using Kemper DI box on Marshall JCM power amp ) not the preamp profiling , the level or tone of reference amp vs Kemper amp are so different and the real amp is a lot louder. If i disconnect the send cable, I hear my profile that was loaded on the browser mode. the way i discover that, i went back to browser mode and lowered the gain and added reverb to make it clean and then went back to the profiling switch mode and then switching between the ref vs real amp, i hear kpa to be clean/reverb and reference amp is distorted which the way it should be. I'm monitoring using master output to DAW and KPA Headphones. Not sure what's going on with my unit , i did not have these issues with my another KPA and it seems to be an issue with my KPA itself (v6.x.x and v5.x.x both had this problem) ?

It's probably the answer to my question is on this forum already but i could not find yet.

I have a preamp rack unit (JMP-1 ) that has line out only and need to profile it to KPA. The issue is, during the profiling , KPA thinks that the preamp is clipping and trying to set the return volume to almost -2 DB .. on the end , KPA sounds not really like the reference preamp tone in terms of volume, distortion , etc... and i found that that is the profile that was loaded on the browser mode (was silver jubilee clean).

I keep switching back from reference amp and Kemper Amp i get totally opposite things as i'm using master outs to DAW to compare. Same issue while monitoring with SPIDIF output to DAW

I have no idea if i'm doing this correctly and am I missing a step ?

My setup:
    Guitar > KPA input > KPA send > Preaamp input > Preamp output (no cab sim, just raw ) > KPA return

I've bought a second amp (non-powered) . I have loaded the same direct profile (no cab, monitor cab off, pure cab is off, same volume, etc..). The new one has more bass and thicker than the one i had. Is it possible that is a very old production of kemper or maybe it has some hardware issues or missing some settings ?

I would love if kemper 2 come up with a line input tube buffer (FRFR) to give the playing feel experience like you would plug in yourself to a real tube amp!

A good example:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Pressing the output button is showing `Monitor Cab off` checked twice and pure cabinet is off of course case the cabinet is completely off. This is a DI amp profile. the cab is completely off.

Clean Sens & Distortion Sens at set to 0.0dB. Not sure what else we should check for ?

Playing through a different / the wrong Kemper cab, maybe?

What is that supposed to mean ? I don't get that question. I'm having the same issue on matter what Amp I profile with any volumes/gain stage.
    During the profiling session , they are identical. You play the profile back on the browser mode using the same real cabinet 4x12 and trying to match up the volumes. The real amp always sounds brighter and clearer than KPA and has defined treble. while KPA has this extra bass... I refine 3-4 times to get rid of the bass with no success ....

I'm suspecting that the power amp is affecting the sound. If i take that DI profile and go out (from monitor out) of the KPA to the return input of my real amp to the cabinet, I get the sound that i want...

Best direct box I have found so far is the countryman 85, I have tried a total of eight different ones direct profiling, and so far this one is the best, although I have not been able to get hold of a Kemper DI box yet...
    A friend of mine does have Kemper DI but he lives too far away, he says it works well, but he’s never tried the countrymen 85, so it’s hard to compare, I think either one would be excellent, way better than the light pieces of garbage that are out there… I’ve tried lots of junk :D

Totally agreed! I've done some profiles with it, I've got a good results. Believe or not. I have used my Friedman + Country man type 85. vs Topedo captor + Country man type 85 direct amp profiles. the results from load box were better just a little bit.