Posts by Guavadude

I wish Rig Manager had a better way to reject profiles like you do in Lightroom or photo apps. Once you use the X key to reject, you can then have all the rejected files removed from the app and drive.

When you’re working through a pile of 18,000 anything, you need a lot of easy to use options for organization.

More than anything, I need a way to have a profile be available in several folders at once without having to duplicate it each time.

ALL options are available in the SPDIF outs, but not all options are available in the Main analog output routing.

The ability to have the GTR direct out on the left and another option on the right output are missing from the Main outs. That’s what I want. I just can’t understand why the choices are limited and different from the SPDIF at the analog main outs.

I use the Ton Ham Clean on pretty much every style that isn't distorted bass.

Also try the David Eden (amp name) profiles.

Wave Bass 72 can also work. There's really no shortcut for just trying out a bunch of profiles with your bass. 18 Ampeg SVT 400 and Bronco Bassman TV are a little grittier.

I make a "testing" folder and if they are good I move them into a Favs folder. Then there are some that are sorted for the bass I'm using.

I've been having some crashing and hanging in Logic and have finally tracked it down to my RME and Kemper's digital outputs not getting along. I've decided to blow off the SPDIF and move to using the Main Outs into the RME but I'm just now noticing that all of the routing options from the SPDIF aren't available.

I've been using the GTR/Master Mono (or Stack) option when tracking bass so I can deliver a DI track with a mono amp'd sound track.

Is there a reason why these options aren't also available to the Main Outs? Seems like they should be. I'm using the other outputs for other functions.

I just want to be able to use the Main Outs in stereo for guitar tracks and then change it to GTR/Master Mono when tracking bass.

thx

I use the Wampler Ego comp in front of the Kemper and it’s great for that dynacomp sound with more control. I actually prefer it over the Cali comps but mostly because I didn’t want to spend that much and I already owned the Ego.

Try the Cali Compact bass version. With the high pass filter, you can really dial it in to leave a lot of the signal intact, especially on baritone or low tuned guitars.

I can’t believe a square wave trem was something asked for almost six years ago.

I can see where creating new delays and reverb algorithms would be very labor intensive but changing the waveform from a sine to a square can’t be this hard.

Maybe there’s a new trem coming that includes harmonic or tube bias styles which would be great but I’m not holding my breath.

The only thing that confuses me about the product launch is the decision to not show it off at Summer NAMM. I feel that letting the retailers and users play with it, make and post videos would have created even more buzz.

Obviously the people who want it are excited but to me the whole point of NAMM and trade shows is to make people want something they didn’t know they wanted!

On the few times I’ve contacted support much to my surprise they’ve told me to post on the forum!

So when you send midi clock to your Kemper from the DAW, you’re seeing the bpm as a number that isn’t fluctuating and constantly recalculating?

This isn’t a delay setting for wobble. When I tried previously, using midi clock from Logic that’s what I’d see...the bpm readout on the Kemper kept changing.

I’ll try it again since it’s been awhile....new OS, new version of Logic and Kemper OS.

Yeah, Type 2 is better for me too. I recalibrated and that helped. The EV-30 is pretty good. Not exactly the taper I want but close. It comes on a little slow. So I'd like to goose the curve 20%.

So I tried the FV500H which might not be the best choice since it's high impedance but there's an expression jack on it. It's taper is great when using audio ins and outs.

As an expression pedal, it's taper is pretty far off and the volume comes on too quick. I'd like to decrease the curve 50%.

That's my point. If I had some control of the curve, I could make any pedal feel great and dial it in to what I like to hear. I'd just like a knob with normal range set in the middle, then I'd increase or decrease the curve as needed.

Also where I use the pedal might mean the curve needs a tweak. The way the pedal responds in Input location is entirely different than how it is responding in Post Stack location. Even changing guitars can affect how the volume curve reacts.

It wouldn't take much adjustment and you'd be able to make your EP1 react like an Ernie Ball or a Boss or whatever you want.

Yes, it is included in the latest release.

I'm currently on OS 5.7.8.14528 and I'm trying out the CC volume pedal using a Boss EV-30. This is worse for me than it was previously. Even though the volume pedal value display is moving, I'm not getting any sound until about halfway up. All of the taper is gone completely and it's more like an on off switch. When you mentioned the new taper being in the latest release, what release are you referring to? This was back in April so I'm thinking it's in the version I'm using. It definitely seems like it's changed and not for the better.

Can you please add some sort of curve adjustment for the CC volume and let the user decide what works best for them and their pedal of choice. A one size fits all will not work with so many different pedals from so many different manufacturers. The way I use the pedal to control sustain on a lapsteel might be entirely different than the way someone wants to use it for pitch bend.

Out of all the amazing things the Kemper can do, it sure seems like it would be an easy task to add the option to modify the curve of the incoming cc info. Thanks!