Posts by Swatman

I use a Kemper Profiler as my main amp, and recently picked up an RJM Mastermind GT16 and an AXE FX II XL ti ryb the Axe in the effects loop of the Kemper as an effects processor because I prefer the Axe's effects. I want to run a setup to my RJM Mastermind GT16 to process all of that. I want to set it up based on how my Kemper is setup:

Song 1:

Kemper: Clean

Axe FX Preset 0 Scene 1

Kemper: Crunch

Axe FX Preset 0 Scene 2

Kemper: Rhythm

Axe FX Preset 0 Scene 3

Kemper: Solo

Axe FX Preset 0 Scene 4

Song 2:

Kemper: Clean

Axe FX Preset 1 Scene 1

Kemper: Crunch

Axe FX Preset 1 Scene 2

Kemper: Rhythm

Axe FX Preset 1 Scene 3

Kemper: Solo

Axe FX Preset 1 Scene 4

etc

I am brand new to MIDI so I am not sure what I am doing. I am currently doing: RJM Mastermind MIDI out ------ rjm Phantom Power Adapter---- Midi out and in to kemper out and in.... Then Kemper thru ----- Axe FX II XL midi in.

Is this the proper setup for the midi out and in to Axe FX? So far I have been able to set the kemper amp to the RJM and have been able to setup my "song 1, Song 2, etc", but I want it setup so that the Axe FX scenes are on the second row of screens when my bottom row shows "clean, crunch, rhythm, solo". I am not sure if the RJM is reading the AXE FX correctly because I am not sure if I have the wiring setup correctly for it. Any help would be amazing.

There are some songs where I want a stronger sounding wah (tom morello style) so I use it in the X slot on my Kemper. However there is sometimes I want a more subtle wah and would like it to be on the front end (A,B,C or D stomp box), however it seems that my mission engineering pedal only controls whatever is in the X slot (I can change it to control different slots, but it seems that it is locked to that spot once I put that in).

Is there a way to move my wah around from pre to post or post to pre but the pedal also follows where it goes?

I have the Kemper Profiler Rack Unit as well as the Kemper Profiler Remote and the Mission Engineering Expression Pedal. I have a Line 6 Echo Pro rack unit and am wondering how to go about connecting it to the kemper? Id like to set it up so that I can switch to different delay presets when i use different presets playing live. I already have the lines in and out connected to it and can hear the delay just fine, but I want the ability to switch different delay presets for different songs.

Hello. I have the Kemper Profiler Rack Unit as well as the Kemper Profiler Remote and the Mission Engineering Expression Pedal. I am having a Line 6 Echo Pro being delivered to me and am wondering what is the setup I could use to ensure that my Line 6 works with my Kemper Products? How would I go about connecting it to my Kemper?

I have this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod…_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have a 10u rack unit because I wanted some recording gear in with my kemper. I currently have:

Kemper rack unit (3u)

Furhman power conditioner (1u)

Wireless system (1u)

focusrite 18i20 (1u)

500 Series rack mount (1u)

I plan on getting 1 more 500 series rack mount. (another 1u)

that would leave me with 2 more spots for either a 2u piece of equipment or 2x 1u pieces of equipment. I was thinking of adding a Tech 21 SansAmp RBI Rackmount Bass Preamp for when I play bass or when our bassist plays at practices. Good idea? What else should I add or am i missing anything?

It depends I guess. Generally I will leave it on. I have quite a few "Artist"/Producer" packs by a certain company, and many of those profiles are absolutely mix-ready to my ears. The only post-EQ I usually run is whatever I have on the main bus for mastering purposes, I tend to leave the tones from the KPA alone. That said, many profiles are not mix-ready and need post-EQ.
    It's a good question, but I've generally had the best luck leaving the profile as the profiler intended, as much as I can. Of course, that could just be a reflection of my ability, of lack thereof, to get the sound I want by tweaking things myself...one of the many reasons I love the KPA.

pre or post stack?

Would love to know this as well. I was thinking maybe the BE-100 profiles in the STL Crummet pack. Kind dry but still saturated, aggressive without being too heavy on the gain. But that seems to be a good description, to my ears, to many of the BE-100 profiles out there. There's a lot of really good stuff in that Crumett pack though. Probably my favorite STL pack, and I think I have most of them. I think if you like Muse, you'd like the pack. And I love Muse! :D

has he used a BE-100? I know for a few albums now he has used the Diezel VH4