Posts by JimmyK

I have the same exact problem. Especially with medium gain / breakup tones, there is always a hiss behind the notes. It becomes very obvious when a note sustains for a bit and just before the ending of the note when the noise gate kicks in. Tried everything, different guitars, cables, positioning of the profiler, even got the behringer hum destroyer but the problem remains.

So I just got my stage profiler and I played around with the default amp profile and the chords sound great but when I hit single notes they seem to be thin sounding and heavy on the pick attack (reminiscent to me of Mesa Boogie amps that I don’t like for that very reason). Changing the “pick” setting doesn’t solve the issue for me. I profiled my amp and have the same issue.

Is this just me or is this a common concensus?

Are you using studio monitors, frfr or a real cab?

My recommendation for a starting point: Marshall 68 Superbass-Profiles by Martin Suijs. You find them in Rig Exchange. There are several Profiles with different settings. Also the Fender 64 Bassman-Profiles bei Martin Suijs maybe a good starting point.

Thank you very much! Will try them ASAP!

Thanks for your input! If you have any recommendations for the tones I am searching please be my guest :) I mainly use a Prs, an Sg or a Tele for such tones but I prefer humbuckers to avoid hum problems etc

Innocent question: what volume have you been listening at? Feels like Fletcher-Munson raising its ugly head...

I always find that I feel my profilers / simulants / plugins sounding a bit "lifeless" when listening on my studio monitors, but when I route them through an FRFR speaker at typical gig volumes, they come to life. There's just something about moving air at sufficient volumes...

I listen at low volumes on studio monitors. Of course the louder the better, but I have great results from edge of breakup cleans, super cleans and moderate/high gain rhythm or leads even at low volumes. Mainly using for recording.

If you tried all these profiles and you still don‘t feel compfortable with the Kemper,

just go ahead and sell it and buy an Axe.

For me, in 2015 it took some weeks to get my Kemper to sound the way it should.

If you don‘t have the time or you are not able to adjust it, it is not yours.

Maybe the Axe will be.

I feel very comfortable with the Kemper and I have done over 200 payed sessions with it. I am just searching for a tone that I can't get no matter what I do. Any suggestions of such profiles would be welcome. Thanks.

Hello friends, I am getting straight to the point!

I am pretty happy with my Kemper on almost everything, but I can't get a really good medium gain classic-rock lead tone. Something with a little breakup, but with power and sustain like a cranked miked tube amp.

I always find something that lacks "power" and sustain, or has that cocked wah thing, or it's noizy and I have to add a noise gate (stomp or the general one) which also adds the cocked wah effect (the noise gates on the kemper are maybe the worst part of it).

I have tried profiles from almost all vendors, the ones I gravitate more to are Katzbach and Big Hairy. I don't like at all Britt and Junkie. I have also tried Top Jimi, Bert, Mattfig, Agl and many others I probably can't recall now, all the free packs from the other ones, all the stock profiles.

I am even considering getting an Axe 3, I hear a lot of great tones on it and at least everything is in there, I won't have to spend another 1000$ at profile-chasing.

Any suggestions for such tones? Any samples or links? Thanks in advance.

JimmyK where did you get the backing track you're using here? Do you have a link?

sure!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I've noticed Top Jimi's gain profiles (at least the ones I have) have the definition dimed and the clarity at zero. To me, that gives a super tight tone but can get a little bright and nasally in the mids. I like to drop the definition to 7-8 and bring the clarity to 4-5. This fills out the low end a little, removes some honk but leaves the pick attack be.

I have the Brown Sound & JJ-100 packs.

I have tried to reduce definition but they still sound...weird. In a mix they sound cool sometimes though.

For anyone interested, here is a vid I made with the Katzbach Jcm 900. Really love this tone (and sorry for the playing lol)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hello everyone, here Is my new song, hope you enjoy it! If you're not that much into the fast stuff you can always check my bluesy ballads on my channel! Thanks in advance for watching!

Hello kemperers, this is a melodic (I guess) shred solo I did over a backing track for a guitar soloing contest, Hope you like it!

Thanks for watching!

I had pretty much the same problem in rehearsal/gig volumes. Kemper isn't meant to work great with real guitar cabs with a solid state power amp (they say it is, but I believe it's not, at least from my experience with it). The harmonic richness, the power, the complexity and the fatness of a real tube power amp section was always missing. And if you have to carry a tube poweramp with it you are losing the whole point of the kemper which is convenience and portability.

BUT, it's great for recondings and for use live through monitors, frfr's and PA speakers, and I can live with that :) With all its problems (yes, I have found a few more in the way) it is still a great invention and 200% worth the money. In fact, I think it's the best purchase I have ever made in my life so far, and not talking only about guitar-related stuff :D:D tons of hours of fun!

Gilmour's core overdriven tone in his long solos isn't something exceptional imho. It's more the effects and the playing which are great.

BUT, his clean tones are awesome.

My suggestion would be not to purchase anything yet. If you have a good strat, all you need is a profile like the famous AC20 from RE (or something like it) and experimenting with the parameters and the effects to get there.

Just my 2 cents

I like the Katzbach profiles. But you have to consider, they are HEAVILY tweaked rigs!

Almost all parameters have been used, sometimes in a quite unusual way. There are some parameters where very small adjustments have a big impact on sound. But Katzbach have no fear tweaking quite unorthodox:)

If you like the results you can try to "transfer" some of the settings to other profiles and you will be surprised. When I remember correctly (not at the Kemper atm) they also tweaked the settings in the cab section.

Indeed!

But personally, I don't mind. If it sounds good and feels good it's fine by me. I have come across plenty of awful rigs with all setings at zero, and the opposite :) Getting every profile with unpleasant reverb or delay added like many vendors do is much more annoying ^^

In general and as far I've seen until now these profiles are very tweekable unlike other ones which are being messed up with with half a db of treble :D

But indeed be careful, those who hate tweaking or already tweaked profiles stay away!

Downloaded their free profiles and I was impressed. Just when I was about to buy their bundle, I found out they don't accept PayPal. :(

Yes, they need to fix their site, payments and the overall experience indeed. I purchased the full pack and got them via mail 30 hours later, because the mate who runs the business is on tour lol!

But worth the wait 100%. I payed through paypal though, by sending the money to the vendor's email. After registering in the site and making the order, it says to make a transfer in a bank account or to paypal direct to his email. Did you try that?

balazs indeed, I always keep the stomps around 50%. And the cocked wah profiles are definitely not Kemper's fault, since many profiles don't have that, but there are so many that have that effect. I think that the noise gates and the stomps can be fixed though, it's like adding a wah to the chain.

CelticGibson I bought all too, it's a steal for 25 euros! So many great usable profiles in there, tweakable and without cocking wah problems (well there are some but mostly the ones that were profiled with actual stomps in front of the amp-that may be a thing of the profiling process I don't know)! And the cleans are fat with lots of sustain without using compressors! Damn how didn't I know about these earlier!

In the clip I posted it's one single profile, and goes from acceptable pushed cleans to awesome high gain only with the volume pot! Can't reccomend these enough lol!

Hello guys and happy new Year!

Since I got myself the Kemper I have constantly been chasing the best possible marshall tones. I like very much classic rock and early metal/hard rock tones from bands like Led Zep, ACDC, Dio, Van Halen, Extreme, Whitesnake etc

I have tried almost everything, Top Jimi, ReampZone, Britt, Tone Junkie, TAF, Suckerfreegear, Bert, Mattfig, Guido, Sinmix, AGL to name the most known vendors, and of course thousands of profiles from RE and posts in the forum. Just to be clear, I haven't purchased profiles from all of these vendors, because in some cases I tried their free packs and were pretty far away from what I like (Tone Junkie, Bert, Guido, TAF)

My favourites so far were Top Jimi's because they have that "character" I like, but there is always something missing. Sometimes they sound thin, if I increase mids to "fatten" them up they get that "wah" sound, if i increase the gain they are very noisy and have to add noisegate which alters the tone in a bad way (changes the pick attack and also adds that wah effect, I think guys at Kemper should take a look at this, along with making the stomps better), they don't respond well to the volume pot, and the clean/low gain profiles imho are very-very bad.

And recently I realized that they have a pretty weird sound, I can't describe it exactly. It's like artifacts, or something like every profile was refined with single-coil pickups and has that SC sound to it, even though I play mostly with a PRS cu22 with HB's.

So I started profile-chasing again, and found Katzbach profiles. and OMG, I think it's exactly what I have been looking for. The cleans and low gain profiles are great (I have to mention here that AGL's profiles are also great for Marshall clean/low gain tones), and the higher gain profiles are fat with sustain, not very noisy, respond well to the volume pot and they are very tweekable. I think I've found my favourites!

So, I made a quick clip with some noodling to share my joy:

https://drive.google.com/open?…zrasMts5EchWap9vMchPgPVb2

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with the seller! Hope this post will help somebody who has been in the same situation!

Thanks!