Posts by JimmyK

Thanks for the suggestions! Although after two years of experience I have made the conclusion that kemper isn't good with real cabs in high volumes if you don't use a tube power amp. The lack of power in the notes is always there, and in gig volumes a real tube amp is always better than Kemper with the built-in power amp or other solid state solutions. For recording things are different of course.

If the sample is a strat on the neck position it sounds pretty much as it should be. I have almost all Top Jimi profiles and with my prs cu22 on the bridge they sound pretty identical to the videos (although his Jubilee isn't one of my favourites). If it's not a strat on the neck, then either some parameters are pretty screwed up by accident or something else bad happens. Maybe try to use just normal XLR cables into the interface?

Thanks so much again man, I really appreciate your help. I'll be waiting like a kid waiting for Santa, to share the exact settings and profile when you return back to your KPA, if it's not too much trouble of course.

You and Ruefus were so right about the rat in front, used it in some profiles and indeed I came closer. But not so close like you, you have great ears man!

I will be stalking you till you tell me everything lol :)

Thanks again!

I would approach this from Rat perspective...A rat..or mouse..or 1981drv..etc in front of some marshallesque tone and probably with a cab loaded with Greenbags.

Had to try and result is...rather messy playing :D

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

OMG this is really close! Please share info, which profile and Rat settings. Thanks so much man!

EDIT. And if you can share any additional info (guitar, pickups etc) would be nice too. You're saving my life here mate lol!

You may already know this, but many do not.

An absolute key piece of Nuno's sound is an old ProCo Rat pedal he leaves on regardless of the amp. I've even heard interviews where he mentions the Rat.....but isn't sure what model amp he's using.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yes, but I think when he uses the Randall (in the vid he is) he doesn't need a Rat because it is somehow built inside the amp. I think I saw it on a video where he talks about his signature Randall amp.

Thanks a lot guys. I have tried the free ones of MW, not impressed at all tone-wise or feel-wise. Even his samples on YT don't seem to be something great. Top Jimi is by far my favourite studio profiles for marshall - hot rodded marshall tones. Have you tried any of the paid MW packs? Are they any better than the freebies? Maybe I am missing something good?

FarleyUK OMG man he is so damn good. And the tone at this video is probably the best Marshall-esque tone I have ever heard. That's why I became sick to figure out how to get that tone :D

Hello guys, I am struggling to get that extremely awesome Nuno hard rock tone. It's a great bitey tight VanHalen-ish tone with awesome sag and tight bottom end (but not too low or metal, check palm mutes at 4,10). I have the ADA Nuno profiles from Big Hairy, they are awesome but not close to this tone. The closest I can get is with some Top Jimi profiles (they always have that cranked marshall sag) but not as close as I would like. Also checked Nuno Randall profiles on RE, not even close. Any suggestions? Or any alternatives to Top Jimi profiles with similar vibe?

Thanks in advance, here is the link, starts around 1.50

External Content youtu.be

Hey mate, the higher gain clips are much more alive and punchy! I used to do the same mistake too, by listening to all this bullshit. Dont be afraid to use all the gain you need and to be yourself. Imagine only if Whitesnake, Priest, Yngwie, Marty Friedman or even Gary Moore and many more had turned down the gain to "fit in the mix better" ;)

Hey Michael,

firstly, I really respect the fact that you dont spam all the time like other vendors, and of course that you are so successful at what you do. I am sure there is a reason for that, and your profiles must have something good to be praised by so many people here.

I have tried all your free profiles and bought your 5150 merged profiles. In fact, I always come back to check them again, because from times to times I see again so many good comments about them and think that maybe I am missing something great. I'll tell you my honest personal opinion according to my personal taste.

The difference between your profiles and AGL's is not just a matter of EQing. They are much more responsive to my fingers, they have punch like a real amp (even through my studio monitors ) and they clean much better with the volume pot. And of course they sound like all the classic marshall tones we hear on popular records.

That's my own problem with your profiles: It's mostly a feel problem than a tone problem...To my personal opinion, they lack punch and power. And I'm not talking only about high gain tones but about low gain and clean tones. There is no punch, power and tightness to them. And tonewise, they seem to me that they lack "character", but I believe this is more of a feel thing. I think that if it feels good and responsive at the fingers, the tone will have the "character".

I am writing all these with all the respect, and I believe constructive criticism makes us better. I really dig you as a player too. I am not affiliated with AGL and I dont know the guy, and as I said many times, all these are just my personal opinion.

Offtopic but thanks man, just got these and they are the best marshall studio profiles out there!

I also think that his profiles lack "character" or something like that. Always wondered why so much hype about Mbritt's profiles.

I thing some of his medium-low gain profiles are decent but nothing special, and his moderate-high gain profiles are bad.

Very nice Jimmy & great guitar too !

Thanks very much my friend! I just love this Prs!

Jimmy's a monster. :thumbup:

Thanks mate. You really honor me!

Nice one Jimmy..and btw..Marty Friedmann is not the worst influence one can have as a guitar player.. :thumbup:

You got me! Marty is one of my main influences in this song, and of course Gary also :) thank you very much!

Nice tune - more feeling than acrobatic (but also enough) :thumbup:

Thanks buddy, always trying to keep the balance :)

Hello guys, hope you dig it! Guitar, Bass and Pads are all guitar that plays through the Kemper. Only added some additional keys on Cubase and of course the drums.

Here's the link:

External Content www.youtube.com

Of course turning off the compressor helps increase the dynamic range.

When you turned up the amp block volume did you turned down the master volume?

If not, you just turned up the overall volume. When increasing the volume, it's expected to get a wider dynamic range because you can hear much better the notes that you hit softly (that you couldnt hear before) and of course you hear much louder the notes that you hit hard. I believe Kemper does that very well, it doesn't lack dynamics at all especially with good clean / low gain profiles.

I guess a good test would be to compare the amp and the Kemper through monitors both at the same volume.