Posts by MrJacobHansen

@KPmole - Yes, please upload :) I use the same approach with my '66 Deluxe that I uploaded to the Rig Exchange a few years ago. The amp was turned up to "7" when I profiled it. I use the guitar controls and playing dynamics to go from clean and sparkly to gainy, dark lead. It is called "Fender Dyn DR paults"

That is the exact way I prefer to dial in my amps as well. Looking forward to checking out your profile later today !

On a different note: I’m almost overwhelmed by all the fantastic suggestions on here - Thanks !

Doesn’t specifically have to be a Champ. The tweed character is what I’m after, however the sound of that wimpy 8” speaker is something I’ve grown quite fond of :)

Looking forward to trying out your Tremolux - thanks for uploading !

Searching Rig Exchange for "Champ" - should yeild some pretty good ones. Hays has a Fender Champ 67 on there that was very well profiled. A commercial pack with good champ profiles is the Tone Hawk set which profiled a 70s silver face champ. Not sure if these are exactly what you're looking for but I highly recommend the ones I've mentioned.

thanks man, I’ll give them a shot! The black- and silverface champs doesn’t quite sound the same as the old tweed circuits, but I’m up for trying out anything. I’ve tried Rig Exchange, but there’s so many profiles on there that I tend to get lost! Hence this thread, haha ! ;)

Hi Jacob and Welcome,

MBritt does a tweed pack for $9.99. If you look on his website you’ll see the pack and, if you click the pdf file, it describes exactly what speakers he used with each amp. I like them but I’ve never owned a real one so, other than saying I like them, I can’t tell you how they compare to the real thing.

Thank you, Gary! While I too am a fan of Mike’s profiles, the 56’s in the tweedy pack is profiled with the 3rd Power Cab and while they sound great in a rock context, they aren’t quite the same as a tweed amp with an old Jensen speaker in its original cab, sounding like it’s just about to fall apart. There’s just something magical about that.

But otherwise, 99% of the time, I love Britts profiles - including the 56 Pro! :)

Hi,

I believe this is my first post here!

I’m currently in the need for tweed, so to speak. So hit me up with your best free (or commercial) tweed profiles. Preferably ones profiled with original speakers as I looking for that slightly broken-up, classic tweed tone.

Listen to the latest trio records by Julian Lage for reference.

Nothing beats an original old champ (had to pass on a ‘53 recently, still regret it), but hopefully my newly acquired Kemper can come close!