Posts by c0d4d4a65c05899719c9ad14491899b4961e8d33

I have the same 2i4 interface and use TS cables without issue. (in a home studio with no environmental issues to interfere with signal)

KPA (and any non-mic signal) should only connect with normal TS cables to focusrite interface. If you use XLR, the focusrite engages the mic pre amps on the signal, which is generally not wanted on any line signals like Kemper that you are recording. See article from focusrite below.

https://support.focusrite.com/…LR-Input-on-my-Interface-

As for stereo, you can monitor in stereo with the monitor switch on front of 2i4 set for stereo and the interface will pan input 1 left and input 2 right. If you want to record stereo, you record to both inputs and then pan them in the daw after recording.

I have a Focusrite 2i4 and had similar issues when I first started using it direct with Kemper. Discovered that if you plug an XLR to the Focusrite, it engages the mic preamps in the Focusrite no matter what...which made the sound fuzzy and too thin for me.

https://support.focusrite.com/…LR-Input-on-my-Interface-

I use a standard TS cable from kemper main out(s) to focusrite 1/4 input(s) and have better results.

I also have kemper at full volume when recording and set recording level using the gain on foxusrite interface.

camjav the new version is apparently a beta version. So it's not available on downloads page (though kemper OS beta versions are).

If you are good with using beta versions, it's recommended to make a backup of kemper and rig manager before proceeding, then open rig manager preferences window and check the box "include beta test releases". For me, mmediately after doing this and closing the preferences screen, the new version notification window popped and allowed proceeding with download. installed without issue.

FWIW, I am on a mac, but should be similar process for enabling beta versions for windows.

I have a Focusrite 2i4 and had similar issues when I first started using it direct with Kemper. Discovered that if you plug an XLR to the Focusrite, it engages the mic preamps in the Focusrite no matter what. https://support.focusrite.com/…LR-Input-on-my-Interface-

So, I use a standard unbalanced cable from main out left to focusrite 1/4 input and have better results.

That won't explain the issues with FRFR monitoring though. IME, here is how I am setup:

- Main out XLR L&R going to monitors or FRFR. These will include the cabinets as long as I don't disable the cabinet button on front of KPA (which I never do)

- Main out 1/4in L to Focusrite input. These will include the cabinets as long as I don't disable the cabinet button on front of KPA (which I never do)

- Monitor out 1/4in to power amp and guitar cabinet, and I have "monitor cab off" set in the KPA output settings on Page 1 of 6.

You might also want to check that your KPA output settings on page 1 of 6 are defaults from the manual (except maybe the monitor cab off). Changes to those can affect what part of the signal is output on the main and monitor outputs.