Posts by dutch99

So too put this in action steps,

Watch the video that was posted.

Order one or two of those inexpensive wireless from Amazon and order a nice cable to compare against. I would recommend the ammoon 5.8 ghz as there will be some slight to big tone suck amount inexpensive units. The ammoon was where I found it adequate fidelity and it was only 40 bucks.

Try them out on your own. Make sure to record your results and A/B them blind to make sure you’re not fooling yourself

Send back the inexpensive wireless if it does meet meet your Fidelity or other standards.

You’re out nothing but a bit of time and you’ll have a final answer for yourself. Because this is really subjective it’s going to be the best way to do it in they won’t cost you any money. That’s a nice thing about Amazon. You can try this out for yourself and some people will find there is a significant fidelity difference to them and others like myself find there’s not enough to justify a lot more money for a higher grade wireless. I don’t see enough difference to go real expensive with the wireless on our gigs. YMMV of course.

If connected through wireless using Rig Manager iOS app, does the kemper still act as if it is directly plugged into the full rig manager program as far as the way it saves the entire bank? I ask because the iOS rig manager wireless seems more of just a control app and it doesn’t have full flexibility the full manager has so I didn’t know how Kemper would interpret changes when done via this method.

Without starting a new thread, does anyone have a recommendation for cheap wireless? My xVive are dying and I need something for use in the house. They won’t be gigging

See my post earlier in the thread. There’s a good review of five inexpensive wireless systems. I have used the ammoons 5.8 ghz for a couple of years and as long as you don’t get more than 20 feet away I’ve never had a problem with latency drop outs or Audio quality issues

WHOA! This is a clever solution which would possibly save me from carrying around two Kempers!

It's a great workaround and deserves a sticky, since dual independent paths is perhaps the most requested feature from users.

Thank you again for the tip! Do you mind if I message you for additional information?

Happy to help.

I’ll post a video showing this when I get back in town next week.

My line 6 gave out on me and I got some xvives that had dropouts. after watching this video I got 2 pairs of 40.00 Ammon. Done a|b tests with a cable and it’s good enough for me. YMMV

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Off topic a bit I know but……..

Great idea. I’ve been trying to figure out a way to have real time control between the guitar tone a guitar synth when pluging into my iPad via usb from Kemper. How are you setting up the Tone X and expression pedal as it would probably work the same way with the i{ad synth route?

I use loopy pro app on the iPhone to host the TONEX auv3 plug-in. It works with Roxsyn, or any effect, as well. The pedal controls the 2 faders inversely to fade between the kemper and whatever effect I have loaded in loopy pro. Took a little tweaking to get the routing right. I will be glad to send you the template if you get loopy pro. You can probably do it in GarageBand as well.

I have a keytone pickup exchanger pedal that works nicely for that. If you’re looking to go from humbucker to single coil sounds and vice versa, take a look at some YouTube videos of people using the GEQ-7 EQ pedal for this and mimic that with Kempers equalizer.

This would be an incredible feature. I think there’s a workaround as well . See the video link below where he takes just a distortion box straight into a DAW then uses an EQ match to reproduce the sounds of the guitar and amp combination on a Foo Fighters recording. It’s pretty straightforward to do in an Daw and there are several plug-ins to do that. You can also do it on an iPad with a fab filter Eq plug. I think you can export those EQ curves as IR files and then load them into the cab section of the kemper??

Agreed it would be a killer feature to do on the Kemper

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.