Posts by dutch99

I may be wrong here, when not connected to RM, but if you’re still in the same performance bank, and you tweak one of the settings, and then go to another slot in the same bank, those tweaks will still be there when you switch back to that slot. If you go to a different performance bank, and then come back to that bank it reverts back to its saved settings, at least that’s the way I remember it . I’ll have to get on my profiler and check .

i’m betting it will be before Christmas. Just my opinion, based on no factual knowledge of the matter, but I would bet that CK is losing sales right now to TONEX, and with the NAM VST being free that may be taking a few sales away as well. Liquid profiling gives them a unique selling proposition against the other people who have broken into the profiling market so I would imagine he would like to get that out there as quick as possible to slow the leak in sales.

again, just my speculation.

I like how that gain knob reacted with that profile. Usually if I change the gain knob more than a notch or two higher, completely changes the sound of the profile or it falls apart. I’m hopeful this liquid profiling will hold up to the expectations.

I was using a line 6 g20 but it crapped out on me. I’m now using some inexpensive Ammoon from Amazon that run about 50 bucks and transmit on 5.8 GHz. I’ve compared the sound quality with a guitar cable and it is very close. They are cheapie plug-in play things but I’m really impressed how well they work and how inexpensive they are. Played the last 15 gigs with them without a glitch.

this issue has been a intermittent problem ever since I have owned my profiler. It still often does it if I use the up/down buttons on the front of the toaster. Live I use a foot switch that lets me choose a bank channel and then the slot and then it sends the direct message to the profiler so I won’t have this issue.

Powers my meloaudio midi Commander fine.
    The midi commander also has a two AAA powering option and you can put rechargeable batteries in it and they are supposed to recharge with USB connection but I’ve never tried it. So based upon the above threads that might damage my profiler?

i’ve got that message, at least a dozen times over the past 10 years. I haven’t been able to find a pattern for it . I basically equate it to the blue screen of death with windows and just reboot and everything’s fine.

they are some of my favorite profiles as well. I’m pretty sure they’re still in business as I think I looked at their site in the past month and give it a couple of days and try again? I know they’re still selling Rig profiles they’re available to be purchased for the over loud platform.

until something like this is implemented you might try a cheap Bluetooth controller for the iPad. I believe you can pick something up like the chocolate mmWave for 30ish bucks. I use an irig blue board for this purpose and just mute the output of the synth with the controller and bring it in and out when I want to.

I think you can probably get about every sound you ever need with the factory contents and the legends pack and the free sampler rig packs included. You just need to know how to tweak the kemper. That being said I’m a gear slut so I have quite a bit of packs from different providers as people have said Michael Brett, tone junkie stuff is some good stuff. TJ gives away a lot of his stuff for free as well with teasers, which are really good. Some of my favorite stuff is from the Amp factory.

The free modelers, NAM and Proteus, suffer from tying a player to a computer, either laptop or desktop. Kemper was always about freeing you to take a box (toaster/rack) or a floorboard to gigs with your sounds inside for use. What the freebies have not done, nor are likely to do, is offer that portable hardware to rival Kemper, at least not for free.

That currently leaves Axe-FX, Kemper, Quad Cortex, or ToneX. Given the recent flush of new hardware based systems, could we see 5-7 more within three years?? What a time to be a geetar player!!

not necessarily. The free version of TONEX for the iPad or iPhone doesn’t require a laptop or desktop runs beautifully on the iOS system. There are lots of programs that can host it as a plug-in and you can use all of the myriad of killer effects before and after the plug-in, as well as multiple instances of the plug-in to make dual/triple/quadruple, etc. parrellel chains. No need to buy any hardware other than an inexpensive way to connect the guitar to the iOS device. I am currently gigging this way with a trio, because I am using some sophisticated looping with a program called Loopy Pro that lets me fill out back and tracks really easily.

i’m still using my kemper with my hard rock band because it is a great portable solution as well and I’m very comfortable with it after using it for so many years. I don’t yearn for better sounds, the kemper gets me everything I need for just playing my part as guitar in that context.

I do hope that they release the neural amp modeler in an iOS format on the App Store. I’d be happy to pay for a version.

such a great time to be a guitarist!

I know some people think this is crazy, but I am using a newer iPad to load the free TONEX plug-in and using a lot of the profiles of the Kemper that have been converted to TONEX on their Tonenet for some smaller shows with my trio. Never crashes or gives me a problem. I have a small pedal board that I can control all the plethera of effects that you can put before and after the TONEX that are on the App Store free to cheap. I can even run multiple TONEX plug-ins with different profiles at the same time and blend them together like I want, I haven’t taken this to a my big full band rock shows yet because this is a trial process , but so far it’s been rocksolid and extremely flexible. And for the most part free. These are truly amazing times for guitars.

Not bashing my beloved Kemper , still enjoy my Kemper and not ditching it but I’m have been surprised how stable the iPad is as a wildly flexible alternative. YMMV of course.

my bands looking to cover "fire woman." What Profile are you using for that if you don’t mind me asking?