Posts by Meomy Itzme

That's another reason why I have learned to be patient. If I only could tell my younger self that. :D

I'm trying to be patient too GearJocke. I've got a little cash in my pocket and have had a Ventris in my cart at Prymaxe for a week...the Ventris is just a click away. Unfortunately, i know as soon as i order it Kemper is gonna drop those verbs and they'll be killer. I'm praying for willpower, but I don't know if i'll be able to resist if Prymaxe shoots out a 20% off coupon;)

The Duncan Tone Stack calculator is really fascinating. Seeing it really helped me to understand what was really going on when I tried to get good tones out of various amps. I actually like the Kemper EQ. When I switch to different amps I know exactly how the EQ will behave. No guessing games:)

Tone Junkie TV has a couple great videos on the Kemper EQ that helped me.

Man!:( You guys make me feel bad.

My Profiler has somewhere in the low 700's on it. I want to clean it up, but it's hard. Too much good stuff. I'm still in the "auditioning" phase with my KPA and have about 8 profiles that get heavy use. As far as cleaning it up goes, I don't have a lot of time and every time i check out a rig I end up tweaking a little then jamming a lot....

Hey roadrunner, not to be offensive, but do you have trouble with any other loopers? I've got a midi controller, but have been saving for a Kemper remote and having all of the features of the looper has been one thing that has kept me from simply using my MC6 and spending my cash elsewhere.

Does anyone else have trouble with the looper?

Mr. Strong, you are in for some fun! I've had my KPA since June and enjoy it more and more each day. It's probably the most inspiring gear investment I've made. Most of the people on the forum are also top notch and willing to help if you get in a KPA bind:)

Thanks ipran! I think i'm gonna give it a go later this week. Have you been setting up any performances with the MC6? I need to study the manual and wrap my mind around using the performance mode, but would love any tips on incorporating the MC6 there.

I've got an MC6, but haven't tried it out with my Kemper yet. It is a great product. I primarily use it for a Source Audio pedal board that i made, but i think i'm going to pull it out and program it for the KPA. It was pretty easy to program with the hub and SA pedals, so i imagine that it wouldn't be too hard with the KPA. The main things that have me thinking about saving for a Kemper foot-switch are full looper capabilities, ease of use (no MIDI programming whatsoever), and the seamless screen display.

diazisawesomer, how are you using your MC6? I'd love to hear some ideas regarding bank, preset, performances, and effect slots. I'm still pretty new to the KPA and have only been jamming, crafting tones, and getting a solid favorites list in browse mode.

Thanks for even checking around for me lbot39! Those D'Andrea Ultra-Plecs played backwards have been a big part of getting my sound. Guenterhaas was right when he mentioned the importance of the pick. Some players get their sound with "cheap" picks and others go the expensive route, but for me it's been the Ultra Plecs. For jazz they give a ton of warmth (akin to Wes playing with his thumb) and they can even make a cheap acoustic guitar have some "richness and body". lbot39 if you're in the US, PM me your address and i'll send you one. I figure what i've got now won't last for but so long and based on the thread comments maybe you'd enjoy trying one of my few remaining ones out.

Here' an echo of Pre-Amp with links-

• Tone Junkie Kemper Tips and Tricks videos. https://tonejunkiestore.com/kemper-tips-and-tricks/ Start with the "Definition Control" and "Thoughts on Kemper EQ" then watch the "Clean/Distortion Sense" videos. If you block out 30 minutes to watch these you could easily save yourself hours of frustration.

Both are really good if you're a visual learner who wants to quickly find out little bit of what this amazing piece of gear can do. It's a deep unit and if you're experience matches mine, you are in for a LOT of fun! Also, before you delve in turn off your Pure Cabinet;)

I use a D'Andrea Ultra-Plec 1.5 and unfortunately they don't make them any more:( Back around 2005 i found out that they stopped making them and bought about 4 dozen of the 2.0's. Some time last year i finally wore out my last one. Three months ago, in my random wanderings for a new type of pick, i dropped by a little music store that i used to teach at and found about 10 of the 1.5's. That was a GOOD day! They last forever and if you play with the back slightly angled they sound exactly like your playing with your fingers. When i've let friends try them out it's always hard to get them back;) I've found that the only down side is if you drop one you'll have a heck of a time trying to find it.....

PM me if you find or have any and i'll gladly buy them from you ASAP!:)

Hey johnmcguire based on your post i think picking up a Toaster would be pretty practical and if used well wouldn’t be a sign of laziness. It’d also help reduce the wear and tear on your rack gear. I’d view it as a good musical investment as long as it’s not going to hurt you financially and you’ll actually use it to further your musical goals. Think of it as a painter having an extra easel and brushes at home instead of just one at the studio…..at least that’s how I’d try and justify it to my wife

Geez, and I thought I had it bad when I first bought mine. :D

Actually, I did. I'd downloaded thousands of Rigs from the exchange before I realised that if I installed RM they'd all be right there. X/ This was whilst I was waiting for the unit to arrive, which took 6 weeks IIRC.

6 weeks Monkey_Man!!! i'd have gone crazy. I saved up for the last 6 months and finally got my KPA last Thursday. It took 2 days to arrive from Sweetwater and i just about broke the internet from constantly checking on the transit via FedEx tracking:)

As far as rigs go, i spent the first couple days just checking out the stock profiles and some of the free profiles from https://www.profilecrate.com/ with no effects. Then last night i thought, "Let me check out what the effects are like...". My mind was blown by the sheer volume of effects. The KPA has definitely got MUCH more depth than i previously thought. While i'm probably still in the honeymoon phase, i believe i can easily say that for me the KPA has been one of the best gear purchase that i've ever made. The tones are incredible and the guys in the forum have been top notch too!

Hi walluainen and hoodcreeper, when you mentioned fizz and whatnot one more thing to think about is if you are using the KPA's controls the correct way. They don't function like a traditional guitar amp or modeler. Here are a couple great youtube videos that may help you cop a good tone:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The rest of the ToneJunkie TV videos are gold too!...plus you can great some great profiles for free and for purchase.

Earlier this year I saw this video Rhett Shull made on getting the a Kemper Gilmore. He's also got a dropbox link in the description section so you can grab up the profile for free. I think it may be up your ally:)

While i don't personally have my Kemper yet (still saving), i've found ToneJunkie TV's YouTube channel very helpful for understanding different KPA functions. Just from watching their "Kemper Tips & Tricks" videos i can hear/tell when people are getting crappy tones or giving the KPA bad reviews because they are doing things like hiking up the Gain control, missing out on the Definition control, or just don't have a handle on how KPA's EQ controls works.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLJToHVYkoRHqyg_mDZRVvg